Welcome to Gaia! ::

in a last ditch effort to avoid surgical removal of my gallbladder, i've been researching methods to naturally dissolve the stones.
i've been watching my diet for awhile now and it seems as if even an infinitesimal amount of fatty food will trigger an attack, with the pain severe enough to debilitate me in bed for up to 6 hours.
it's pretty upsetting because it's really removed the joy out of going out and dining for me, i've had to start cancelling lunch dates with my friends because it's become such a chore for me to find a meal that won't give me belly terrorism.
i'm going to try some of these juice cleanse diets i've been reading about though, see if that helps.
so far i have apple cider vinegar, lemon, and turmeric on my list for groceries today.

what other foods can i get to inhibit cholesterol flow?
are there any remedies that have worked for you?
if you've had any success with dissolving your stones, how long did it take and what methods did you use?

Urabyfirst's Husband

Fashionable Prophet

8,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
I'll be honest and say I really have no idea where to go with your issue. I DO know that Apple Cider Vinegar is attributed almost like a snake oil in terms of what it can do. I have added some to my water to help dissolve a bump on my eyelid (sort of like a sty). I think it's helped. They also say it helps you lose weight, but I doubt that's what you are interested in right now.

Good luck, I sincerely hope you get better. I'm mostly bumping your thread.

Noob

steamed rice, fruits, veggies, mushrooms, beans, so long as theyre low fat. i would avoid avocado for the mean time. and a small amount of nuts and seeds, as those have fatty oils in them, like just ten almonds a day, or none at all. you may want to stay away from meat all together since even lean cuts still have fat, and eggs. and cheese, yogurt, milk too even if it says low fat, still has fat in it.

buy some flax milk or flax seeds, it's high in omaga 3. i think black beans are also high in omega 3, which you'll probably want to eat anyways for protein. im not sure what other foods are high in omega 3, but look it up, you'll need it for your cholesterol.

both my sister and my mother had their gallbladder removed :C i didnt know much about it back then, but if you want to allow your body to get rid of that then i suggest staying away from anything fatty, no eggs, meat, or dairy at all. after three months maybe go to the doctors to see if youve progressed? i would do that 3-6 months from now. make sure you have scans of where youre at now so you can see if youve made any progress. i say 3-6 months cos thats generally how long it takes people to change something about their body. i dont really know how long it takes but that's my best guess. for some people some things, like weight loss for example, take up to a year to see good results.

and i also suggest to have smoothies instead of juice cleansing cos youre not gonna get enough calories if you just drink juice. you can put literally anything you want in a smoothie. one of my personal faves is this:
small amount of grapefruit juice (or any juice) til it touches the bottom of the blender blades
mango
4 bananas
flax milk (as much as you desire)
spinach, a lot of spinach
put it in this order

i buy frozen mango. ive put turmeric in my smoothies before, about a pinch of it. frozen strawberries are a lot cheaper.
i typically make my meals around 500-1000 calories, it's a big meal, if it's too big for you, you can make it smaller. but just make sure youre eating enough cos you may find yourself reaching for something that will trigger your gallbladder, something fatty, if youre hungry. go for a smoothie. you can keep it simple and just do the bananas, water, and pinch of turmeric.
IAMNOTCREEPY
I'll be honest and say I really have no idea where to go with your issue. I DO know that Apple Cider Vinegar is attributed almost like a snake oil in terms of what it can do. I have added some to my water to help dissolve a bump on my eyelid (sort of like a sty). I think it's helped. They also say it helps you lose weight, but I doubt that's what you are interested in right now.

Good luck, I sincerely hope you get better. I'm mostly bumping your thread.
much appreciated, thank you. and good luck with your fitness journey. emotion_c8
S31D1
i've been drinking apple cider vinegar most of the day, seems to help some. for the time being, i've lost a lot of my appetite so it'll be awhile until i can stomach anything of substance. i'll keep smoothies in mind though.
so gallstones run in your family, how have you been able to avoid them?

Noob

Entensity
S31D1
i've been drinking apple cider vinegar most of the day, seems to help some. for the time being, i've lost a lot of my appetite so it'll be awhile until i can stomach anything of substance. i'll keep smoothies in mind though.
so gallstones run in your family, how have you been able to avoid them?
i cant say for sure. since the gallbladder is used for digesting fats, maybe i ate less fat.
my sister got her gallbladder removed about 7 years ago, some time when she was in her mid to late 20s, she often ate out cos she worked. idk where she went cos i wasnt with her, but i have seen her come home with mcdonalds soda cups, and i have seen her with sandwiches and salads. also a lot of snack food. so i can assume she ate a lot of all around unhealthy foods. she didnt eat very much, i think that was due to her being a smoker.
my mom on the other hand, she recently got hers removed earlier this year. i feel like a douche, idk my moms age, i think shes 58. i dont live with her, but i know her habits. she likes to make hot or cold cereal, and sandwiches, fries, and very rarely she got boxed lunches. she made her own dinner which was typically rice and meat. like rice soup or rice and beans, with meat, either baked, cooked in the rice, or fried. i know that her doctor told her around 2009 to not eat beans, corns, and nuts cos she cant process them, i moved to a different state around that time so idk how her diet changed cos of that. she's also one to not go to the doctors, so idk how long she's been living with them.
i ate a lot of junk food, a lot of cereal, chips, candy, and rice and beans too. i think i ate less snack food than my sister cos i think she had access to that more than i did cos of where she worked back then. i can say i had milk, yogurt, and eggs often, and so did they, but i wasnt a fan of meat so i ate significantly less of that. i think most of what i ate was cereal. i had other health problems, i had acne, i got dizzy often, i slept 14 hours at a time, i ate very little, and had other digestive issues. i also suffered from constant headaches every week, and not a month went by that i wasnt sick with a cold or flu.

i guess the biggest differences is my sister ate a lot of fast food, she may have eaten more snack food, and i ate less meat than both of them. i'm not sure what my mom did to compensate for the beans cos it's a big part of our culture, it's something we ate every night, and idk how long shes been that way since she doesnt go to the docs often. i cant say how i've been able to avoid gall stones precisely, it could be because i was eating very little amount of food and less meat. my diet has changed drastically over the past four years, first i started making smoothies often with lots of greens in them, greens and veggies is something i never used to eat. then i became a vegetarian, not out of choice or for ethical reasons, i just wasnt a fan of meat. eventually i stopped drinking milk, and yogurt cos i hated the way it made me feel and look. butter, cheese and eggs were the last to go, so i guess that makes me a mostly raw vegan now, i cook dinner. but what i do now is usually have a smoothie, or fruit, or salad for breakfast and lunch, and for dinner i like rice, potato, yuka, soup with rice or corn pasta, no wheat pasta. i'm pretty lazy when it comes to food, i like it fast and simple and tasty. and i eat around 3000 calories a day, i dont count. that's how much ive got to eat in this lifestyle, some people say it's too much calories but i'm not overweight cos of it. thats how much my body requires, if i dont eat that much then i get hungry, dizzy. im 95 pounds, ive been underweight my whole life, but recently ive been loosing fat and gaining muscle weight. anyways, sorry for the rant but that's what i do. if youre more curious about what i eat i suggest checking out fully raw kristina, freelee, happy healthy vegan, on youtube. freelee just made a video about gallbladder. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpEJDn4xL9Y&list=UULwUd5KtYONsRJ3UAOojZ0w

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff