• Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
  • Window Shopper 100

Friendly Businesswoman

6,350 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
I deal with both anxiety and panic attacks. I have been dealing with them sense December of 2010.

For my anxiety I try eating or taking some type of relaxant. Either marshmallows or melt away foods such as chocolate. Also foods that don't make a sound when you bite down into them. Relaxants for me are pills such as vicodin or hydrocodeine. Both of those are for pain but they can also calm you down as well or put you out.

The panic attacks for me are the hardest thing to control. So I just suffer with them

Wealthy Loiterer

5,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
I have anxiety attacks that cause a weird fluttering of my heart (havent gotten it checked yet). A warm water helps me. Whether in bath, shower, or tea form, tgere is something soothing about the heat. That being said, you might try filling an old sock with beans, rice, or corn (like chicken feed). Heat it in the microwave for about three to five minutes and wrap it around your neck. That helps a lot too.

Newbie Noob

3,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Nightxer
I just found out i have Mitral Regurgitation and Pulmonary Hypertension.The Doctor said that the Mitral Regurgitation was very common and nothing to be worried about and that both might could be lessened if i lost some weight.

I have also been having bad Anxiety and Panic Attacks lately and know about these conditions now makes it harder for me to relax.

Is anyone else dealing with any of these : Anxeity, Panick Attacks, Mitral Regurg. or Pulmonary Hypertension or any type of heart problems?

How are you getting through it? How bad does it effect you?

I've been having horrible anxeity lately, it's been making me unable to hold a conversation with anybody I meet more then 5 minutes. I've been feeling dizzy as well. However, running and going to the gym lately has really tooken things off my mind recently and has made me feel ALOT better. Be sure to take a good friend of yours willing to go most of the week. Thats just my experience!

Romantic Lover

9,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
  • Window Shopper 100
Makitsu_Trinity
I have anxiety attacks that cause a weird fluttering of my heart

That was what was/is happening to me. It's the reason i saw a Cardiologist and found out about the Mitral Regurg. and Pulmonary Hypertension

Stupid Fluttering Feeling >__<.
It's always best to get these type of things checked out try to find something to get your mind off thing anxiety can be limited as well as stress this way and slowly work with talking to people. biggrin Dw you'll learn to limit the amount of anxiety you get and help build a better foundation with yourself as time moves along but you'll have to try getting a hobby and work slowly and actually do something about the situation unlike some people whom just brush it off and wonder why it doesn't get better c:.gl with your journey I use working out as one of my hobbies and own personal pain killer as well as anti depressant biggrin

Wealthy Loiterer

5,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
Nightxer
Makitsu_Trinity
I have anxiety attacks that cause a weird fluttering of my heart

That was what was/is happening to me. It's the reason i saw a Cardiologist and found out about the Mitral Regurg. and Pulmonary Hypertension

Stupid Fluttering Feeling >__<.

I know. So inconvenient. Lol.

Wheezing Fatcat

I was born with a coarctated aorta and a bicuspid aortic valve (thus a heart murmur) and deal with the anticipation of aortic regurgitation. And I've only ever had one panic attack in my life, but I'm very Type A personality.

What's helped me the most is exercising. Obviously with heart problems, you've gotta be careful and listen to what your body's telling you, but I've been jogging (on a treadmill right now because I just do not do this whole Deep Southern heat thing) for quite some time now and have never had problems with it. It also leaves me too tired to be stressed out, so you get two benefits - relaxation and fitness.

Ruthless Mage

10,350 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Member 100
  • Friendly 100
â™› I've got stress-triggered anxiety; while I've never had a panic attack, I did on occasion have the odd fluttery feeling/palpitation, which my Doctor informed me was due to a combination of the stress and then the anxiety it triggered, as my bloodwork came back completely normal and my ECG was normal.

Doesn't help that the most ideal contraceptive pill for me is said by some to increase the likelihood of anxiety. Generally when I do get anxious/stressed, I either draw, role-play or what I might start doing is playing World of Warcraft again. Something to take my mind off of it. I've also cut down on caffeine a lot; I used to drink 6 cups of tea a day on average, now I either only drink decaf or stick to juice.
â™›

Romantic Lover

9,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
  • Window Shopper 100
piparminttukaramelli
I was born with a coarctated aorta and a bicuspid aortic valve (thus a heart murmur) and deal with the anticipation of aortic regurgitation. And I've only ever had one panic attack in my life, but I'm very Type A personality.

What's helped me the most is exercising. Obviously with heart problems, you've gotta be careful and listen to what your body's telling you, but I've been jogging (on a treadmill right now because I just do not do this whole Deep Southern heat thing) for quite some time now and have never had problems with it. It also leaves me too tired to be stressed out, so you get two benefits - relaxation and fitness.

It's the heart issues have me feeling more down then anything.I'm not sure who i can get over it. I know the dr said its nothing to worry about right now and might lessen with weight loss ,but it's hard.

Wheezing Fatcat

Nightxer
piparminttukaramelli

It's the heart issues have me feeling more down then anything.I'm not sure who i can get over it. I know the dr said its nothing to worry about right now and might lessen with weight loss ,but it's hard.

I can totally understand why you'd be stressed - it's never a good feeling to get diagnosed with heart problems. But being stressed has never helped anyone's heart, and if your doctor says you're fine for now and that the best thing to do is lose weight, that's what I'd do. It may be hard, but it'll be worth it!

Romantic Lover

9,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
  • Window Shopper 100
piparminttukaramelli
Nightxer
piparminttukaramelli

I can totally understand why you'd be stressed - it's never a good feeling to get diagnosed with heart problems. But being stressed has never helped anyone's heart, and if your doctor says you're fine for now and that the best thing to do is lose weight, that's what I'd do. It may be hard, but it'll be worth it!

That's true. I am really having a hard time starting off right.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff