Welcome to Gaia! ::

SOVIETSTRENGTH
jntdx
SOVIETSTRENGTH
jntdx
SOVIETSTRENGTH

oh nice! at least you do the movement!
how much do you weigh?

My max atm is 415. building back up to 465 like i had a year ago before my back injury :/

Aw, you'll get there eventually. I weight 100lb, I can squat a plate with ease… cannot dead lift ahaha, I really do need to work on my form a bit more, it's not a an exercise that I'm the most comfortable with yet but slowly
thats interesting to hear. usually everyone can deadlift more than they squat! it is a very technical movement, dont give up and keep on trying to get used to it. c:

It is in a sense but the barbell is on my back for squatting which I can support a lot better versus dead lifts, I am using my arms as and starting from the bottom working my way up, I'm very weak in terms of my arms crying
look up how to hook grip, and definitely mix grip. maybe lift lighter as well? are you deadlifting with curved arms? :c

If I knew what that meant, I would tell you haha. I am focusing on lower weights and higher reps at the moment. I used to think the heavier the better … I learn as I go, so far no injuries!

Aged Autobiographer

jntdx
SOVIETSTRENGTH
jntdx
SOVIETSTRENGTH
jntdx
SOVIETSTRENGTH

oh nice! at least you do the movement!
how much do you weigh?

My max atm is 415. building back up to 465 like i had a year ago before my back injury :/

Aw, you'll get there eventually. I weight 100lb, I can squat a plate with ease… cannot dead lift ahaha, I really do need to work on my form a bit more, it's not a an exercise that I'm the most comfortable with yet but slowly
thats interesting to hear. usually everyone can deadlift more than they squat! it is a very technical movement, dont give up and keep on trying to get used to it. c:

It is in a sense but the barbell is on my back for squatting which I can support a lot better versus dead lifts, I am using my arms as and starting from the bottom working my way up, I'm very weak in terms of my arms crying
look up how to hook grip, and definitely mix grip. maybe lift lighter as well? are you deadlifting with curved arms? :c

If I knew what that meant, I would tell you haha. I am focusing on lower weights and higher reps at the moment. I used to think the heavier the better … I learn as I go, so far no injuries!
true true. the best programming is the variables you believe in! :3

Super Fairy

11,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
SOVIETSTRENGTH
Sopiyu
I had to quit lifting, sadly, but my max on deadlifts was about 120lbs! Which was a little over my body weight at that time (I'm 5'5)
why did you have to quit? :c
I'm a recovered anorexic but I still realllyy struggle to eat enough (although I do drink nutritional drinks and protein shakes if I have to), and while I lifted, I got sick very often due to stress, which I think stemmed from constantly having to think about my intake again (but not in a disordered manner.) Also, I don't work yet, so the $22 monthly fee is kinda draining on my bank sweatdrop

I did gain muscle and felt really proud about it, but it would be in cycles of gaining, getting sick, losing half of my process, then working my way back again.

6,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
I deadlift conventional with a switch grip. My current max is unknown, but it's definitely a good bit over 455 but not quite 500 yet. God I want 500 so bad lol.

HazeInut Latte's Husband

Beloved Sex Symbol

I deadlift conventional with a switch grip too.
Last time I DL'd I broke my PR and hit 425.
Being in the Navy I don't really have the opportunity to DL as much as I'd like.
i hate deadlifts but deadlifts love me lol. if i were to give an estimate of my max, it would be approx 365-405 lbs

i get a lot of gains off this exercise, but again i hate them because they feel awkward, exhausting, and im weak at them in terms of strength.

my back does increase in size more than strength from deadlifts. ive started to do them as my 3rd back exercise and it feels great.

weighted pullups -> t-bar rows -> deadlifts, etc...

Aged Autobiographer

Wolfdude87
I deadlift conventional with a switch grip. My current max is unknown, but it's definitely a good bit over 455 but not quite 500 yet. God I want 500 so bad lol.
thats really good! I hella want 500 too, and i want it NOW. but oh well, soon.

Aged Autobiographer

Pusays
I deadlift conventional with a switch grip too.
Last time I DL'd I broke my PR and hit 425.
Being in the Navy I don't really have the opportunity to DL as much as I'd like.
congrats man
for not DLing as much as you'd like thats really good!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff