Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Lunatic

7,400 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Flatterer 200
Well its official, as of two weeks ago (Two Weeks on Saturday) I'll have had NO Soda like I used to. I decided to just drink Water and my Crystal Light drink mix. Next up is cutting out candy...that one is going to be hard because i am weak for Chocolates and what not :O

6,750 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Well, it's better to not drink Crystal Light because there're fake sugar and fake sugar is harder to digest than real sugar biggrin
But if you're really craving for chocolate then just eat a piece....a reasonable size, of course whee

Aged Lunatic

7,400 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Flatterer 200
DancinSakura
Well, it's better to not drink Crystal Light because there're fake sugar and fake sugar is harder to digest than real sugar biggrin
But if you're really craving for chocolate then just eat a piece....a reasonable size, of course whee

Well I'll be. Thanks, Sakura. I'll remember that. Now I don't want to drink it anymore!!

6,750 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Hillywood
DancinSakura

Well I'll be. Thanks, Sakura. I'll remember that. Now I don't want to drink it anymore!!

xp No problem.

Devout Lover

14,600 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
There are two schools of thought when it comes to craving, some say you should give in just a little, others say you should have none at all.
For me the later has worked the best, since after a little while I forget all about what ever I gave up. A study also showed that people who have a little bit now and again are more likely to give up the diet.

Aged Lunatic

7,400 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Flatterer 200
MaxKon
There are two schools of thought when it comes to craving, some say you should give in just a little, others say you should have none at all.
For me the later has worked the best, since after a little while I forget all about what ever I gave up. A study also showed that people who have a little bit now and again are more likely to give up the diet.

I don't have any soda at all. I'm not saying that it isn't hard since I would have a can of soda a day! After cheering or soccer I'd break open a can of Dr Pepper....now it was after work I'd get a cup of Ginger Ale. It's so hard when we go to the movies too because they have soda's and everyone is eating junk food. It makes me want to scream sometimes but I just keep telling myself "We can do this, girl! We don't need these sugary sweets or poor diet." The next thing I need to tackle is actual exercise like Yoga or something what's a good way to loose some weight that's fun and at the same time you get more flexible? (Yes that's a serious question!!) Should I take up belly dancing again or get in touch with some of my old cheer friends and just play around.

Devout Lover

14,600 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
Hillywood
MaxKon

I don't have any soda at all. I'm not saying that it isn't hard since I would have a can of soda a day! After cheering or soccer I'd break open a can of Dr Pepper....now it was after work I'd get a cup of Ginger Ale. It's so hard when we go to the movies too because they have soda's and everyone is eating junk food. It makes me want to scream sometimes but I just keep telling myself "We can do this, girl! We don't need these sugary sweets or poor diet." The next thing I need to tackle is actual exercise like Yoga or something what's a good way to loose some weight that's fun and at the same time you get more flexible? (Yes that's a serious question!!) Should I take up belly dancing again or get in touch with some of my old cheer friends and just play around.
I was meaning for when you try to give up chocolate ^^
Yoga would help with flexibility. Diet is the most efficient way to get weight off, exercise is only really good for helping to keep it off.

Steadfast Guardian

17,250 Points
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
Congrats! I haven't had a soda since January of this year. It was hard, but after a week or so I started not craving sodas anymore. I miss Dr. Pepper and its twenty three flavors, but my body feels a lot better. Have you thought about drinking tea instead of those Crystal mixes? Tea is much healthier for you.

Also, good luck with cutting out the candy. That isn't something I think I could do; however, one could eat candy smarter, like eating a little bit of really dark, usda certified organic chocolate.

Dapper Regular

Hillywood
The next thing I need to tackle is actual exercise like Yoga or something what's a good way to loose some weight that's fun and at the same time you get more flexible? (Yes that's a serious question!!) Should I take up belly dancing again or get in touch with some of my old cheer friends and just play around.

Eep(: I took up yoga about a month ago. I just wanted to become more flexible and strength train using bodyweight and such….then I started reading up on it and found out how many different types of yoga there are and how calming it can be if done right. I'm absolutely hooked and actually bought my first yoga mat today. I'm even considering taking a class or two. Anyway, I definitely suggest yoga. It makes me feel better and if I do it before bed, I find I even sleep better. emotion_kirakira

Aged Lunatic

7,400 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Flatterer 200
MaxKon
I was meaning for when you try to give up chocolate ^^
Yoga would help with flexibility. Diet is the most efficient way to get weight off, exercise is only really good for helping to keep it off.

Dieting is what I have a problem with since I love everything that is bad for you to begin with rofl
I mean who doesn't love Ice cream, bread and of course Pasta? I guess I'd have to actually find those diet meals or something I've heard that weight watchers is a really good idea, but I don't want to sign up for that. Then again there is sparkpeople too and that's free. So I dont really know what I am going to try.

Aged Lunatic

7,400 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Flatterer 200
Guardian Arlen
Congrats! I haven't had a soda since January of this year. It was hard, but after a week or so I started not craving sodas anymore. I miss Dr. Pepper and its twenty three flavors, but my body feels a lot better. Have you thought about drinking tea instead of those Crystal mixes? Tea is much healthier for you.

Also, good luck with cutting out the candy. That isn't something I think I could do; however, one could eat candy smarter, like eating a little bit of really dark, usda certified organic chocolate.
I adore my tea! Even with no sugar added. Green tea and my Earl Grey tea! Do not get my started! I still need to buy Chamomile for me to sleep better at night wink

Also thanks so much!

Aged Lunatic

7,400 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Flatterer 200
Godzillaindrag

Eep(: I took up yoga about a month ago. I just wanted to become more flexible and strength train using bodyweight and such….then I started reading up on it and found out how many different types of yoga there are and how calming it can be if done right. I'm absolutely hooked and actually bought my first yoga mat today. I'm even considering taking a class or two. Anyway, I definitely suggest yoga. It makes me feel better and if I do it before bed, I find I even sleep better. emotion_kirakira

I don't have body weights, but I do have this Wii Yoga thing and my best friend uses it and she's already pretty flexible. I mean I guess anything can teach you Yoga the question is whether or not a person sticks with it, you know. I am seriously considering doing Yoga and for Cardio maybe some belly dancing or Latin dancing. My older sister dances a lot and she was SUPER small before she had her baby.

Dapper Regular

Hillywood
Godzillaindrag

I don't have body weights, but I do have this Wii Yoga thing and my best friend uses it and she's already pretty flexible. I mean I guess anything can teach you Yoga the question is whether or not a person sticks with it, you know. I am seriously considering doing Yoga and for Cardio maybe some belly dancing or Latin dancing. My older sister dances a lot and she was SUPER small before she had her baby.
No, bodyweight meaning you use your body's weight (like pushups). And dancing sounds fun. I have a friend that's lost 60 pounds doing zumba classes three times a week. She says that it's fun enough to keep her interest. Maybe look into that too?

Aged Lunatic

7,400 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Flatterer 200
Godzillaindrag
No, bodyweight meaning you use your body's weight (like pushups). And dancing sounds fun. I have a friend that's lost 60 pounds doing zumba classes three times a week. She says that it's fun enough to keep her interest. Maybe look into that too?

Oh my, I am so sorry; I'm a fast reader and some times I'm so fast I miss read things. I apologize for that.... emotion_facepalm I've heard good things about Zumba classes! I've also seen that they have Zumba DVDs in Walmart and what not....I think Santa is going to have a field day with me for Christmas!! I used to run 2 miles every night but then I stopped..... emotion_0A0 I don't know why I did that.

Dapper Regular

Hillywood
Godzillaindrag

Oh my, I am so sorry; I'm a fast reader and some times I'm so fast I miss read things. I apologize for that.... emotion_facepalm I've heard good things about Zumba classes! I've also seen that they have Zumba DVDs in Walmart and what not....I think Santa is going to have a field day with me for Christmas!! I used to run 2 miles every night but then I stopped..... emotion_0A0 I don't know why I did that.
I have the zumba wii game, but my nephew teethed on it, so it skips a bit. haha

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces