Welcome to Gaia! ::

A couple weeks ago I decided to cut out all added sugar from my diet.
It's been going pretty great - I've had a surplus of energy and no cravings.
I've had no problem coming up with meals to prepare, but snacking has gotten a bit boring.
It seems like all I can find to snack on are nuts and fruits.
Any suggestions for fun snacks that don't have any added sugar?
Or any good meal ideas at all?
I'm open to trying anything as long as it doesn't have meat.
sounds cool, good luck with it!! i'd recommend looking at recipe websites for things like healthy flapjacks or cereal bars (and traybakes in general), they're usually pretty easy to make and you can control how much sugar goes into them!

things like yoghurts and dried fruit are pretty sweet too, not sure i can think of anything else smile

Dapper Gekko

Salad wraps? They're easy to just throw together and you can put pretty much anything in them.
Also smoothies and the like.

Dapper Prophet

Try Stevia (real stevia, not Truvia or any of the other processed types) as a sugar replacement! You can find soda and lots of other things sweetened with it 3nodding Sugar itself isn't that bad for you if you limit your intake and choose the healthier forms, such as organic cane sugar.

Look into healing your gut. A candida cleanse may help reduce your sugar cravings. I also recommend reading up on drinking lemon water with cayenne pepper in the morning on an empty stomach, as well as trying some probiotics. Good luck!

Daring Red-Shirt

Look up Daniel Fast recipes. There's a plethora of them, and every one of them will be meat free and additive free (including sugar since sugar isn't allowed on a Daniel Fast). I know you're not on a fast, but it should help give ideas of things you can snack on and/or cook that'll be sugar free and meat free. :3

My church went on a Daniel Fast in January and so I wound up picking up a bunch of recipes. One of my favorites that I'd make was cabbage soup, I'd use fresh garlic, cabbage, potatoes or whole wheat noodles, and really any other veggie I had lying around. Throw in some organic veggie broth and add some pureed tomatoes and whatever other seasonings you like.

Vegetarian stir fry is also pretty good.

Stuff that I'd snack on was nuts and fruit of course. 100% pure peanut butter with bananas is also good, it has no sugar added and the only thing that might be added is a bit of salt, though you can find it without too. It makes for a pretty filling snack when added with fruits or such.

I didn't eat them on the fast, but Tostitos tortilla chips don't have any added sugar to them either, and neither does their salsa. Or you can make your own salsa, too. Those make for a pretty good snack.

Vegetarian chili is also really good. Just make sure to check either the cans of beans or the chili powder you're using, because a lot of chili powder seasonings will have sugar added. There are some brands of chili powder that don't, though.

Beloved Donator

Low sugar / No added sugar snacks:

string cheese (part-skim?)
Hard boiled eggs
Turky/ham & lettuce wras
peanut butter or cream cheese and celery sticks
veggies with cottage cheese
apple and peanut butter
edamame
veggies with guac or hummus
rice cake (maybe with cheese?)
soy crisp