Welcome to Gaia! ::

biggrin
They're by the same people who make other unsafe products like Mr Clean, Febreeze, Downy, Iams, Eukanuba, Always/Tampax.
I highly doubt they're safe.
I haven't tried the whitening strips. Honestly the idea freaks me out. However I have tried the Crest 3D Whitening toothpaste! I noticed a slight difference...like, I doubt anyone but me would have noticed, but yes it worked a bit.

Tipsy Millionaire

10,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
butter in coffee
They're by the same people who make other unsafe products like Mr Clean, Febreeze, Downy, Iams, Eukanuba, Always/Tampax.

I just read your profile and have to say that was quiet disturbing... Not being mean or anything, but yeah that definitely made my top 10 list of weird things (if I had one).

Anyways, why are those products harmful? I use Febreeze, never knew it is dangerous?
Crest white strips kind of work. I used them for a little bit, but I didn't find much of a difference.

I have an alternative for you if you try them and they don't work! Sea salt.
If you brush your teeth with sea salt for two minutes before brushing with tooth paste, it scrubs the stains off really well. You can use it every day if you want.

Clever Goat

I used white strips before my wedding and honestly, they made my teeth super sensitive. If I took a quick breath in, I'd get that same stabbing pain from chewing minty gum and drinking ice cold water. Eating and drinking was miserable as well.
My husband hasn't ever had any ill effects from them though.
I personally do not recommend them.
AIoof
butter in coffee

I just read your profile and have to say that was quiet disturbing... Not being mean or anything, but yeah that definitely made my top 10 list of weird things (if I had one).

Anyways, why are those products harmful? I use Febreeze, never knew it is dangerous?

Every girl I know gets rashes from Always, and just thinks it's a normal part of feminine hygeine, until they switch to Kotex and the problem magically disappears.
The scents in Febreeze and such are chemicals.
And every time someone usese Mr. Clean with 10 metres of me, my whole face swells up, which does not happen with Lysol.

All air freshener is s**t though, so guess I can't hate on Febreeze in particular.
Glade is significantly worse.
AIoof
butter in coffee

also, what in particular did you find creepy about my profile?

Tipsy Millionaire

10,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
butter in coffee
AIoof
butter in coffee

Well... putting it nicely, you seem oddly passionate about cleanliness. Don't get me wrong, hygiene is always important, but I wouldn't exactly use my hygiene routine as a personal description about myself on a public website.

Plus it was just phrased weird. Has that whole "conspiracy theory/I refuse to take my meds" kind of feel to it. Makes me feel as if you probably should be on some sort of medication... just being honest here.

Tipsy Genius

AIoof
butter in coffee

I'm gonna go ahead and agree with him and the profile thing. Pretty ocd, conspiracy theorist, and ignorant about why vegans are generally vegan >.>

Also, none of those products are inherently dangerous. They may not have the best ingredients but unless you're using them in an unsafe way, they're fine.

Wheezing Receiver

12,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
Im a teeth whitening addict ugh.
They work but they'll make your teeth sensitive probably. :}

Wheezing Receiver

12,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
Kiwified
Eshiica
Im a teeth whitening addict ugh.
They work but they'll make your teeth sensitive probably. :}

hahah, yeah i heard that. how long does the sensitivity last?
a while! Like the entire day you use it abd if you use it consecutive days like you're supposed to it sometimes is pretty bad. But experiment with different kinds! There are some brands that I like better than others.
butter in coffee
AIoof
butter in coffee

Every girl I know gets rashes from Always, and just thinks it's a normal part of feminine hygeine, until they switch to Kotex and the problem magically disappears.
The scents in Febreeze and such are chemicals.
And every time someone usese Mr. Clean with 10 metres of me, my whole face swells up, which does not happen with Lysol.

All air freshener is s**t though, so guess I can't hate on Febreeze in particular.
Glade is significantly worse.

ok nooowwww... emotion_eyebrow I've ALWAYS used always...I've never gotten any rash down there.
EVERYTHING is chemicals..it's called chemistry. Food has chemicals sprayed on them, it's manufactured with chemicals (preservatives) make-up has chemicals, just about everything has a chemically added smell unless you go organic.
Mr. Clean affects you dear, don't jump to the conclusion that it affects the rest of humanity...although I do have sensitive skin, so I understand you view.
Just because those things bother you personally, doesn't mean they're a bane for anyone else.
Jus saying
butter in coffee

That you assume that I only go through three pairs of under-ware in a week xd
That you assume vegans are pretentious...I don't eat a lot of meat because it looks gross..all mashed up and when you go eat a chicken, you have to see its bones...-shiver- everytime I walk down the meat aisle I think about all the poor animals that had to be killed just to be put on a shelf...
That you laugh at how commercials brainwash all us "losers" and yet evidently, you make a hobby of doing so...I read your hobbies.. =3=
That evidently your so clean, but you bought a no-touch soap dispenser because you couldn't stand how you got the bottle dirty just getting soap out... eek oxymoron? I think so...
I do appreciate that you are confident 3nodding
You must have a very strong sense of smell surprised
How much do you even sweat?? goodness!
That you think people don't know the difference between exfoliating and hydrating body wash...I'll give you that one, many people don't give a crap how they treat their skin, but combination skin folk should...sooo...yeah..
Your quite prejudice 3nodding
We wouldn't understand...because we're dirty? I seem to recall many smart people having a certain stench from the lack of hygiene..Dirt doesn't kill brain cells hun.
You would hate this buuuut I'll tell you anyways, did you know it's bad to wash your hair? yup 3nodding it strips your hair of it's natural oils and causes them to overproduce oil, causing your hair to pick up even more dirt. Baking soda for shampoo and apple cider vinegar for rinse/conditioner, that's all it takes rofl
also over washing can do the same to you skin, the oil is there to protect. You strip it away and that causes germs to come in PLETHORA'S.
So...You have a little case of germ phobia...that's k, the world appreciates your cleanliness. 3nodding
Just don't go around telling people they smell like cow manure...that's not exactly the best way to meet new friends neutral

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff