Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rainbow Guildswoman

6,700 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I have poor posture and have had it for too long. The biggest issue I know I have is hunched shoulders. I want to know how to correct it. If you could give me tips, or point me to credible sources on the matter, that would be wonderful.

Newbie Noob

6,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
Twilight_fires
I have poor posture and have had it for too long. The biggest issue I know I have is hunched shoulders. I want to know how to correct it. If you could give me tips, or point me to credible sources on the matter, that would be wonderful.

Are your shoulders uneven?

Hygienic Raider

Twilight_fires

all of those things on that link in kimberlyariel07's post work in correcting posture, it just takes patience and diligence and it'll help your posture, kinda like an investment in time if it means a lot to you

Rainbow Guildswoman

6,700 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Spap
Twilight_fires

Are your shoulders uneven?

Nope.

Rainbow Guildswoman

6,700 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Thank you for this!
Twilight_fires

Thank you for this!

You're welcome smile

Rainbow Guildswoman

6,700 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
JunkieRunningDry
Twilight_fires

all of those things on that link in kimberlyariel07's post work in correcting posture, it just takes patience and diligence and it'll help your posture, kinda like an investment in time if it means a lot to you

Mhmm. I'm prepared to do this properly. I'm slowly trying to get into better shape and take care of myself better. I plan to start with this.

Hygienic Raider

Twilight_fires
JunkieRunningDry
Twilight_fires

Mhmm. I'm prepared to do this properly. I'm slowly trying to get into better shape and take care of myself better. I plan to start with this.

you'll get it, I'll be rootin for ya haha!

Dapper Gekko

Just a random tip that I find helpful is sucking in your stomach/flexing and tightening your abs. Not excessively, to the point where you just start looking funny, but you'll notice that it will prevent you from slouching.
Correcting posture is not easy, in my opinion it's a lifestyle change.
It took me over six months to fix mine. Supportive shoes and good bra if your female make big difference. Be prepared for Lots of stretching, weight lifting and just plain exercise.

Lay on your bed on your back with your head hanging over the side every night for 1 min.
Apply ice after. When one minute doesn't hurt do two, work up to 15-20 . This will really stretch your neck and abdominals.

You should be Pushing your head back to give yourself a double chin in repetitions everyday too.
Invest in a foam roller and do regular (10-15 minutes a day) self-massage on your thoracic spine (upper back). Work the area that runs from the base of your neck to just below your shoulder blades. Search for tutorials on YouTube if you're new to it. Foam rolling will increase activation in the musculature of your upper back, which get weak from rounded shoulders (usually caused by sitting at a desk all day).

Also, do wide grip overhand pull-ups and rear deltoid rows to strengthen those same muscles. You can usually see improvements in just a few weeks.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff