Welcome to Gaia! ::

Has anyone here had any success using these to supplement weight loss?

I've recently started using slim-fast shakes as breakfast/lunch replacements, and eating one healthy meal in the evening. Along with the shakes and meal I'm taking two supplements, each with 567 mg conjugated linolic acid (CLA), 45 mg EGCg (from green tea), and 18 mg caffeine. Just today I've added a tablespoon of psyllium fiber to the slim-fast shakes, and it really helped me get and stay more full.
At 5'0" and 110 lbs, I've always found is difficult to stay full and lose weight because of my naturally minimal calorie requirements. Does this sound like an ok weight loss plan? Any input, or similar stories?

Shameless Visionary

19,000 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Cool Competitor 150
  • Never Give Up 35
The supplements are all great for your health. You can't go wrong there.

Good luck with the weight loss.

Invisible Millionaire

That's way too much. For your height, I believe you're already in a healthy BMI. If you still want to loose a few more pounds, going all out with all those supplements will hurt your body and may even slow down your progress.

It could be that you're not loosing weight because you're at your body's natural weight.

If you still do want to lose weight, lose the gimmicks, and supplements. Drink water before you eat anything (we usually think we're hungry when we're just thirsty), have some type of protein (lentils, beans, and meats) at each meal. Make sure you're getting magnesium naturally for energy (bananas, and I forget what else), and don't snack on junk food and sweets. Have fruits and veggies instead.

I used to be exactly where you are, and while I never tried to lose weight, I naturally lost it when I went vegan.

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
tried both. Total bullshit.

Shirtless Smoker

4,800 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
CLA is nice, but not just for losing weight. It your situation i wouldnt recommended it
Grreen tea is fine
but stop looking for something to help in this and just eat right and get some cardio in. If your trying to find supplements to help you lose weight your already doing it wrong
AkikoRye
That's way too much. For your height, I believe you're already in a healthy BMI. If you still want to loose a few more pounds, going all out with all those supplements will hurt your body and may even slow down your progress.

It could be that you're not loosing weight because you're at your body's natural weight.

If you still do want to lose weight, lose the gimmicks, and supplements. Drink water before you eat anything (we usually think we're hungry when we're just thirsty), have some type of protein (lentils, beans, and meats) at each meal. Make sure you're getting magnesium naturally for energy (bananas, and I forget what else), and don't snack on junk food and sweets. Have fruits and veggies instead.

I used to be exactly where you are, and while I never tried to lose weight, I naturally lost it when I went vegan.
I have about 26% body fat, and was sitting around 95 lbs before I started eating fast food regularly. I stopped with the fast food at least a year ago, but the weight has remained. Going vegan would be great for my health, but I love meat too much and it seems like a lot of work sweatdrop
One of my room mates tried it and did nothing but complain about having no idea what to eat.

Captn Pikachu
CLA is nice, but not just for losing weight. It your situation i wouldnt recommended it
Grreen tea is fine
but stop looking for something to help in this and just eat right and get some cardio in. If your trying to find supplements to help you lose weight your already doing it wrong
I do a little exercise in my bedroom but I have no idea how to get cardio in without a gym membership when it's -20C out. I walk ~1h a day, it's a 20 min walk to campus that I do once or twice depending on my classes.
I appreciate the input

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces