Welcome to Gaia! ::

Feral Rabbit

10,550 Points
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Partygoer 500
Elevated cholesterol levels. It's very frustrating. neutral

I don't eat out often, since I've moved out I've been making my own meals and trying hard to keep them lean, I walk a lot (out of necessity. I have no car. XP) and exercise a couple times a week (this morning after breakfast was a 25 min jaunt on the elliptical and some push-ups and sit-ups). I'm a healthy weight for a person of my height and build, yet despite working at it for a year I still can't seem to make a difference in my accursed LDL levels. >_< I shudder to think that, at 26, I should start taking medication for this.

Advice? Fellow sufferers? Useless banter? All accepted.
For some people it's just genetic. I've seen teens with high cholesterol.

Ladykiller

8,450 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Clambake 200
Genetics definitely play a part but you can mostly curb your genetics through lifestyle. I can't really tell you anything based on the information you've given me. If you want me to put more thought into it you can tell me exactly what your diet is like, and what your lifestyle and exercise regimens are.

Garbage Waffles

6,575 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Naliandra
Elevated cholesterol levels. It's very frustrating. neutral

I don't eat out often, since I've moved out I've been making my own meals and trying hard to keep them lean, I walk a lot (out of necessity. I have no car. XP) and exercise a couple times a week (this morning after breakfast was a 25 min jaunt on the elliptical and some push-ups and sit-ups). I'm a healthy weight for a person of my height and build, yet despite working at it for a year I still can't seem to make a difference in my accursed LDL levels. >_< I shudder to think that, at 26, I should start taking medication for this.

Advice? Fellow sufferers? Useless banter? All accepted.

GOOD LUCK smile

Ruthless Businesswoman

8,400 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Yea it's definely genetics sometimes. I can live on a diet of nothing but food with no cholesterol and still have high cholesterol. I was diagnosed with high cholesterol when I was 17 and so was my mom and so was her mom (my grandma). It happens.

Feral Rabbit

10,550 Points
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Partygoer 500
Well, it is somewhat comforting (?) to know it's not entirely my fault, but 'genetics' always seems like an excuse and I do still have to deal with it. What do these teenagers do? Surely they don't resort to bran buds in fat free yogurt with a glass of Metamucil for breakfast and salads for lunch and a brisk walk every day (unless they have mighty discipline that puts me to shame). sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff