Welcome to Gaia! ::

Deadly Phantom

11,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Super Tipsy 200
I've been trying to build my body, doing anywhere from 50 to 200 situps a day, 50 pushups, and however many pullups I can, along with a lot of lifting. My problem is that I need breakfast in the morning, and I want to be able to be physically active for the majority of my day, rather than being fit to workout for only a short window of time during my day. I can't be spending hundreds a month on food either. What are some CHEAP breakfasts that I can start my day off, if I want to be productive in my exercises?

Loyal Bunny

14,000 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
klebold
I've been trying to build my body, doing anywhere from 50 to 200 situps a day, 50 pushups, and however many pullups I can, along with a lot of lifting. My problem is that I need breakfast in the morning, and I want to be able to be physically active for the majority of my day, rather than being fit to workout for only a short window of time during my day. I can't be spending hundreds a month on food either. What are some CHEAP breakfasts that I can start my day off, if I want to be productive in my exercises?

Well my mom buys Special K from the local Vallarta or we go to Fresh & Easy store. Plenty of healthy foods in there that are cheap. My mom likes to save so she usually goes there or makes protein shakes. I would go with protein shakes if I were you. Good luck!

6,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
1 cup of whole grain oats, 1 scoop of protein powder, made with water not milk. You'll feel full and have energy to burn.
Might sound counterproductive, but: Poptarts. Yes, of all things, Poptarts. They have 75g of Carbohydrates, which is perfect fuel for carb-loading. There are no trans-fats, very little saturated fats and a good amount of calories to help meet your daily caloric intake goals if you're trying to put on size.

Sugar's Stud

Mega Trash

Protein in the morning is the best way to build muscle. Make egg, canadian bacon sandwiches in the morning with whole wheat english muffins and/or cinnamon oatmeal with 2 table spoons of peanut butter and nuts. Also, if you can manage it, eat 5 small meals a day. It speeds up your metabolism and burns fat off faster.

Thats my advice. 3nodding

Distinct Millionaire

Eggs, eggs, and eggs... I don't suggest you have any protein at all unless you actually need it, and or after a work out.... OVer using protein I supposedly bad for you... My doctor said that lol.

Deadly Phantom

11,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Super Tipsy 200
l_Shamrock_l
Might sound counterproductive, but: Poptarts. Yes, of all things, Poptarts. They have 75g of Carbohydrates, which is perfect fuel for carb-loading. There are no trans-fats, very little saturated fats and a good amount of calories to help meet your daily caloric intake goals if you're trying to put on size.

I think it depends on what kind, maybe you're thinking of the fruity ones and I prefer the smores ones. Compared to my other options, doesn't sound like something I'd go out of the way for, but come on, they rock lol

Deadly Phantom

11,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Super Tipsy 200
Jimzip IV
Eggs, eggs, and eggs... I don't suggest you have any protein at all unless you actually need it, and or after a work out.... OVer using protein I supposedly bad for you... My doctor said that lol.

Did he say why? I've been upping my protein lately. I've been told I need more body volume before I get more muscle.

Distinct Millionaire

To be truthful, he actually told me not to take it at all. The reason he said is that are body doesn't process the artifical protein, and our body rejects it,but I live in a small town and some s**t people say around here is bullshit.. I suggest you only take it when you feel you need it. For example, when you just did a really good workout and you are all ready sore... Just don't over use it...

Time-traveling Senshi

Here's an article I found that gives you good inexpensive per serving healthy breakfast ideas. You can decide which of these ideas will fit into your budget when you piece together what the price for the whole container will be. Also, don't count out a place like Aldi for getting your staples as the prices are very reasonable there.

Deadly Phantom

11,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Super Tipsy 200
Any more suggestions? I like the oatmeal idea.

Newbie Noob

EGGS EGGS EGGS EGGS EGGS EGGS EGGS.

And whole grain toast, BRO.

PROTEIN. CARBS.

THEN LIFT.
ACHIEVE SEXYNESS.

Devoted Defender

7,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
Eggs are a good source of protein, plus they're not too expensive. smile Bananas are great too... Good source of potassium smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff