Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cookies!!

are they organic? 0.25 25.0% [ 1 ]
<3 0.75 75.0% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 4 ]

Newbie Noob

I made a game of thrones reference get it? School is coming = Winter is coming. Omg I crack my self up! Anyhow I have a gym membership but I don't know how the equipments work nor I have any idea on what to do so basically all I do is walk on the treadmill and watch t.v. for an hour. Yep. Any tips are welcomed and I PROMISE I would do whatever workout plan that you kind people put!
Basically i just need some guidance.
Almost all gyms (Except for Planet Fitness. PF doesn't qualify as a gym and if you have a membership cancel it immediately and move to a real gym) will have employees who can teach you how to use the equipment. If they refuse, speak to their manager. They're refusing to do exactly what they're paid to do. Otherwise, you can look online and find tons upon tons of videos and instructions on leg exercises.

Here are some good ones to start with if you want to focus your glutes:

Squats - There are several variations of squats that will focus several different key parts of your legs. The primary focus points will almost always be your glutes.

Leg Press - Targets and isolates your glutes very well

Leg kickbacks - Several variations of this exist as well.

Lunges - There are a few variations on this as well, such as immobile lunges, walking lunges, weighted lunges and several more.

I hope this helps you start. Good luck.

Noob

<3 cookies, ty! i wish there was non organic, gluten free cookies.

mountain climbers, in plank position, bring one knee at a time towards your chest, do not pike your butt, keep it low, and keep your back straight. this is great for your quads, and abs. also a good cardio move. do 20-40 reps

walking lunges, optional: with your arms raised over your head or weights on your shoulders.

kickbacks, you can go straight from mountain climbers into kickbacks, just go to downward dog position, lift one leg up toes en pointe all the way towards the ceiling, keep it as straight as you can, squeeze your butt when you lift. then bring your leg down, gently touch the floor and lift it again. i would do 20 reps each leg. this works your glutes. to work the hamstring, do the same thing, but flex the foot. you can put ankle weights on for this, helps to build up that muscle, it's optional.

fire hydrant, get on your hands and knees, bring one knee up towards the side. idk if that explains it very well, basically, if youre doing this on your right leg, lift your knee up towards the right til it's hip height so that your inner thigh is parallel with the ground , squeeze your butt, and bring it back down. i would do 20 reps. this works your side glute and outer thigh. ankle weights are optional.

calf raises, stand up straight with your toes pointed forward, lift your heels off the ground, bring them back down, and lift again. try not to land your heels back on the ground, just slight touch. but it's alright if you do land. do 10 with your toes pointed forward, then ten with them pointed inward, then ten with the toes pointed outward. you can hold some dumbbells in your hands if you want. this works the calf muscle. obv heh!

side lunges, start by standing straight, i like to have my hands cupped in front of me,keep one leg straight, bring the other one out, bend that knee to 90 degree angle, set your butt back like your squatting, keep your chest forward and back straight, go back to standing position. this works your inner thigh. you can hold some dumbbells at your shoulders and do the same thing.

one legged dead lifts, start standing, keep one knee soft/slightly bent, lift up the other foot so that the toe is just touching the the ground. that's your starting position, bend forward, keep your back straight and keep your leg aligned with your body, bring your hands down towards the ground as far as you can go while keeping balance,. go back to start position. i would do 20-40 reps each leg.

vertical leaps/squat jumps, stand straight, squat, make sure your knees dont go past your toes, then jump up with your body straight, go back down into squat position as you land. i'd do 15 reps.

i know more than this, these are just a few. i'm not a trainer, idk how to pair exercises or anything like that, so i cant really give you a workout, but i hope this gives you some ideas on what you can do at the gym.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff