Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hygienic Smoker

tI'm on a 1,800 calorie diet, but I feel that I am eating way less than what oI should. I do roughly a 10-20 minute intense ab workout daily, and lift roughly 45-60 minutes a day. I want to up my intake to about 2,000-2,500 because I believe I burn approximately 1,000 calories a day just from working out/muscle repair. Any thoughts as to if I should or not? I want to gain more muscle mass, but I feel the only way that will happen is if I eat more than just 1,800 calories. I'm 5'7" and weigh around 177 pounds.

Divine Zealot

I am a Superhero
tI'm on a 1,800 calorie diet, but I feel that I am eating way less than what oI should. I do roughly a 10-20 minute intense ab workout daily, and lift roughly 45-60 minutes a day. I want to up my intake to about 2,000-2,500 because I believe I burn approximately 1,000 calories a day just from working out/muscle repair. Any thoughts as to if I should or not? I want to gain more muscle mass, but I feel the only way that will happen is if I eat more than just 1,800 calories. I'm 5'7" and weigh around 177 pounds.

On the high end, you might hit around 300-400 calories or so on the workout alone.

If you want to gain, though, then 2200-2400 might be a good place to start.

Seriously though, unless you're a professional level athlete, or train 3-4 hours a day, you're not likely to hit 1k from working out. Repairing micro-tears doesn't burn off that much more either.
I do not believe in diets because when people decide to be off the diet after an ideal weight, they go back to eating what they did before and will gain twice as much weight since their body is not used to the extra, calories and fat.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff