Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
I'm trying to be healthy, and I go to the gym for an hour every night, but stopping soda is proving to be the hardest task of all.

The caffeine headaches are just killing me! I tried to taper down, and was good at just one can per day. But I know it's just nutrition-less fat, and want to quit. After just a few sips, the headache starts to fade.

Any tips for the soda addicted?

Feral Gekko

8,125 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Shark Bacon
I'm trying to be healthy, and I go to the gym for an hour every night, but stopping soda is proving to be the hardest task of all.

The caffeine headaches are just killing me! I tried to taper down, and was good at just one can per day. But I know it's just nutrition-less fat, and want to quit. After just a few sips, the headache starts to fade.

It is definitely an addiction. Does coffee help at all?

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Kalhan Amnell
Shark Bacon

I haven't tried coffee... it keeps me awake, and usually it's evening time at work when the headache starts. I may try that tonight, though.

Tipsy Millionaire

10,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
It might be dehydration and not the soda! Try drinking a lot of water throughout your day. I get nauseous and get pounding headaches when I'm dehydrated.

Dapper Dabbler

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tipsy 100
AIoof
It might be dehydration and not the soda! Try drinking a lot of water throughout your day. I get nauseous and get pounding headaches when I'm dehydrated.

^This! Making sure to get enough water is crucial to combating the headaches. Often, the headaches are a sign of the caffeine withdrawal. Weaning yourself off helps ease the headaches as opposed to going cold-turkey. Other than that, the headaches should ease after about a week. Good luck and good job!

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
AIoof

I drink tons and tons of water. I'm a nurse and always have a big Styrofoam cup on my cart. Always xd I don't think I'm dehydrated.

Feral Gekko

8,125 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Shark Bacon
Kalhan Amnell
Shark Bacon

I haven't tried coffee... it keeps me awake, and usually it's evening time at work when the headache starts. I may try that tonight, though.

Weening helps. A friend of mine in high school had a similar issue. Coke for breakfast, snacks, lunch and after dinner.

Weening is good, could be sugar too, maybe. Try snacking on some fruit too. I recommend coffee, did you try it? If so, did it help at all?

Divine Bibliophile

10,600 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
I sound like a broken record because this has been my advice three times today, but detox. Sodas contain multiple chemicals besides just caffeine that are both addictive and dehydrating; detoxing will flush a lot of them out of your body. I would suggest green tea; not only does it contain traces of caffeine to help your headaches, but it's incredibly healthy and good for detoxing, so you could drink as much as you wanted. Adding watery fruits (such as watermelon or strawberries) and natural foods rich in protein and fiber (such as beans and quinoa) to your diet are helpful too because both will essentially rid your body of junk while giving you the energy boost you're used to from soda.

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
glacialium
I sound like a broken record because this has been my advice three times today, but detox. Sodas contain multiple chemicals besides just caffeine that are both addictive and dehydrating; detoxing will flush a lot of them out of your body. I would suggest green tea; not only does it contain traces of caffeine to help your headaches, but it's incredibly healthy and good for detoxing, so you could drink as much as you wanted. Adding watery fruits (such as watermelon or strawberries) and natural foods rich in protein and fiber (such as beans and quinoa) to your diet are helpful too because both will essentially rid your body of junk while giving you the energy boost you're used to from soda.

I've tried green tea, and it's so bitter sad I've been drinking a lot of strawberry/pineapple/yogurt smoothies, though, could I mix green tea in there you think?

Divine Bibliophile

10,600 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
Shark Bacon
glacialium

I've tried green tea, and it's so bitter sad I've been drinking a lot of strawberry/pineapple/yogurt smoothies, though, could I mix green tea in there you think?

You could do that. Strawberries, pineapples, and yoghurt are already good for detoxing by themselves though because strawberries have antioxidants, pineapples have bromelain, and live yoghurt has beneficial bacteria, so unless you just wanted the extra caffeine, you could leave the green tea out of it. If you like coffee as a source of caffeine, you can try decaf herbal coffees; they help detox too, and they're usually sweet enough to get rid of cravings for sugary soft drinks.

Tipsy Millionaire

10,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Shark Bacon
AIoof

I drink tons and tons of water. I'm a nurse and always have a big Styrofoam cup on my cart. Always xd I don't think I'm dehydrated.

3-4L a day?

Toothsome Elder

Shark Bacon
glacialium

A teaspoon of honey in there sweetens green tea nicely.
Ibuprofen 400-600 mg can be helpful if you are trying to quit cold turkey.

Wheezing Plague

Get rid of it slowly.

If you're still getting headaches, try taking a painkiller. The headaches should stop on their own after a while.

Also, try a bit of coffee as suggested. Or tea. It should be enough caffein in there to keep the headaches at bay.

Shameless Conversationalist

8,700 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
My Mother has a horrible addiction to diet soda and I can't help her stop at all. :<
And, I have shown her numerous studies based on aspartame use.

Try some Irish breakfast tea, you can put honey, milk, sugar, syrups, anything you want to make it taste good and you will get a nice caffeine perk.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff