Welcome to Gaia! ::

Romantic Capitalist

Hi guys and girls! Happy 2015, hope it's all been well. emotion_c8

Well, long story short, I made a resolution four years ago to be more fit and here I am gaining 20 additional pounds in that time frame, lol. emotion_sweatdrop
Anyways, I decided to sign up for a monthly-unlimited membership to a bikram yoga studio and I'm nervous so I would like some tips. I also have a specific question:
Is it safe to wear contacts in such a hot studio for 90 minutes? I normally wear glasses but I'm assuming my sweat would be steaming or sliding it off which would really be an inconvenience.
I've read the basic tips like don't eat two hours before hand, drink lots of water, etc.

If you tried bikram yoga before I would like to hear your experiences! Thanks emotion_bigheart

Versatile Lunatic

I would not recommend Bikram Yoga because you can seriously damage your knees or any other articulation. the excess heat makes your body feel more flexible and loose than your really are , making you go way more than you really should. when doing yoga the heat should come from inside your body not by external factors. you should do more research because your can seriously injure your self by overdoing in it in the hot temperatures in Bikram.

if you just want to lose weight by doing exercise in a sauna I recommend you to do cardio.

The best type of yoga is Power Yoga or Ashtanga where you generate heat and start sweating by the constant breathing(Pranayama) fallowing each sequence. (Vinyasa)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff