Welcome to Gaia! ::

What are some really good ab exercises so I can feel the burn the next day to show it's actually doing something?

I've been doing situps on a machine at the gym with extra weight added, and pulling my legs up while holding myself up on some kind of thing (for lower abs), and just having my butt on the ground as I go side to side to work on my side abs. I hardly feel it's doing much, but I do it intensely.

I could also lose some weight before they would show anyways.
I'm 5'10", ~178lbs, and 20yr. old
Soreness =/= progress

You're pretty much already doing the most effective ab exercises. You could try to improve your form and add more reps.
Hula hoop.
With a hoop with enough weight to it that is.
Great cardiovascular exercise and masage on the abdominals if you use it right along with crunches. Works for me anyway.

ItsShaman's Wife

Blessed Genius

7,625 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PILATES!!!

they're really hard but you definitely get a good work out.
here! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od0j4aNDGKM
you'll be shaking 3 minutes in. twisted

Devout Lover

14,600 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
Sweet_Nobody1
Hula hoop.
With a hoop with enough weight to it that is.
Great cardiovascular exercise and masage on the abdominals if you use it right along with crunches. Works for me anyway.

The weight actually makes it easier, not harder since their momentum keeps it spinning and you do not have to move as much. The smaller and lighter the hoop is the harder it becomes.

Unforgiving Knight

12,525 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PvP 200
Some good ab exercises that I can think of is planks, russian twist with medicine ball, knees to elbows, Floor Sweepers, GH Situps, ect.
i like reverse sit ups.
i also like laying on my back and drawing the ABC's with my legs.
and i really like doing planks and then bringing the knees to the elbows
V-sits, Toes to bars, Planches. You can YouTube what they look like. 14 year old gymnasts do these as warmups lol.

In my opinion, I think conventional exercises, even with added weight, wont do anything drastic compared to the ones I stated. 10 seconds each exercise = knocked out.

I think you're referring to the captains chair when you're raising your legs up on that 'thing'.
pilates is really good, but if you want to loose weight as well i recommend you exercise your legs, since they are your biggest muscles and it's a body part that accumulates the least fat, so by exercising legs, you will need fat to burn and your body will drain it from the rest of your body, that way your abs will show faster n_n i reccomend Kim Kardashian's: fit in your jeans by friday xd i only got it because i thought the name was hilarious, but it's actually a very good leg and but work out 3nodding
pilates Here are the routines I use : http://blogilates.com/abs
try this machine called the ab cruncher..It gives you hella more ab excersise than sit ups... man you get the outlines for abs in 3 days and abs the next 3.
Instead of just focusing on ABDOMINAL ONLY workouts, do CORE workouts. Core is everything from shoulders down to knees. If the core is stronger, everything else is stronger. And the core is essentially the naval outwards. And where is the naval? Directly under the 6 pack or where it would be. Doing exercises like planks, lunges, shoulder raises, squats, etc all work on the core and get even better results than 'ab' workouts. Pm me if you want me to be more specific

Ursine Comrade

Compound exercises in general hit the core quite well. In fact, you can do really well by just doing five or six big lifts. Deadlift, bench press, overhead press, squat, rows, and maybe pull-ups(depending how good your form is and whether you can do it in the first place) are your friends. Do them consistently and do them often with a good progression scheme and a good protein rich diet and you will look good; chest and so much more included with the abs.
ofcourseyoureallcrazy
PILATES!!!

they're really hard but you definitely get a good work out.
here! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od0j4aNDGKM
you'll be shaking 3 minutes in. twisted

OMG. I've done that before. I started cursing at the screen because it was so jfier'opg 6jfpoie76bfgdre rjiofje 9frj0 j90jc 0459u x5ndiojd wi!!!!!!!!!
Just so you know, I never curse while i exercise so that's just how intense it is.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff