Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello…
I don’t go for the gym but I used to have regular exercises at home with my dumbbells. Is it necessary to have supplements for good physique?

6,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
No. That's why they're called supplements. Proper nutrition is all you need. That being said, they can help. Also, get a gym subscription.
khulbe
Hello…
I don’t go for the gym but I used to have regular exercises at home with my dumbbells. Is it necessary to have supplements for good physique?

not at all, unless you want really expensive pee. most supplements get thrown out of the body as soon as they are eaten because your body can only handle so much at a time. if you were to exercise and then drink milk, it would do much better for you than any supplement. you can only get your vitamins and minerals through food, not pills.

6,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
Brie Basix
khulbe
Hello…

not at all, unless you want really expensive pee. most supplements get thrown out of the body as soon as they are eaten because your body can only handle so much at a time. if you were to exercise and then drink milk, it would do much better for you than any supplement. you can only get your vitamins and minerals through food, not pills.

Look who it is! Well aren't you just a fountain of half truths. I agree that supplements aren't necessary but what about creatine and protein powder, your body absorbs them readily and protein powder is usually low calorie and cheaper per portion than any meat, making it a great option for people trying to hit protein macros on a cut. Definitely better than milk after exercise.
Wolfdude87
Brie Basix
khulbe
Hello…

Look who it is! Well aren't you just a fountain of half truths. I agree that supplements aren't necessary but what about creatine and protein powder, your body absorbs them readily and protein powder is usually low calorie and cheaper per portion than any meat, making it a great option for people trying to hit protein macros on a cut. Definitely better than milk after exercise.

nothing that science can put in a bottle or powder can be better for you than real food. when you can understand the ingredients in those powders, know where each one comes from and WHAT that protein actually is, then maybe MAYBE it will be fine to put into your body, but until then, why would you EVER put something into yourself that you have no idea where it came from?
One of my friends is using the Whey Protein but he used to do the heavy exercises in the gym. I have no time for gym so is it useful to me?

6,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
Brie Basix
Wolfdude87
Brie Basix
khulbe
Hello…

nothing that science can put in a bottle or powder can be better for you than real food. when you can understand the ingredients in those powders, know where each one comes from and WHAT that protein actually is, then maybe MAYBE it will be fine to put into your body, but until then, why would you EVER put something into yourself that you have no idea where it came from?

Whey is condensed and powdered byproduct of the cheese making process. Creatine is a nutrient found in red meat. It's just a more efficient way to receive these nutrients. So I do understand them and anyone who does a little research can too. Fish oil is oil from fish.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff