Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Explorer

2,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150
Champagne Darjeeling
My best friend sprained her leg doing the Insanity Workout.
I really enjoyed the Insanity workouts, but I never made it to the more difficult level of workouts because I also hurt myself. You have to be really careful to pay attention to form and your body's signals when you're doing high intensity workouts like that.

I haven't used any of them yet, but I know there are quite a few workouts available on youtube. One channel is called Fitness Burner.

I've also used Slim in 6, but haven't done it consistently enough to say if it really works in six weeks.

You also have to remember that exercise alone isn't enough; you have to eat clean, healthy foods along with some good exercise to get results.
MorningTech
I'm wondering what the general publics opinions are on these workouts, because these workouts are pretty expensive $120 from Beach Body.

I'm heard some people swear by Insanity, but what about the others? T25, P90x, etc.

When someone illegally uploaded the Insanity Workouts on Youtube I did day 1/ Fit Test and I actually liked how hard it pushed me, but I'm not sure I want to pay that much if there's too many negative results/reviews.

Plus, do programs like this help you just lose weight, or do they also help build muscles? Because while I do need to lose weight, I want to build some muscles too, I want to be strong, not skinny.

Thanks! heart

Two months later I just found this post... Anyways, I'm currently using Les Mills Combat (and just purchased Les Mills Pump). Most of the workout programs are geared for you to use your own body weight to help tone and build muscle. The programs on their own are cheaper than the Challenge Packs (which include Shakeology). If you have an IG account, look up BeachBody or any of their program names to find before and afters from real people (or if you PM me, I can hook you up with some of the people I follow on IG).

To get any level of lasting success (with any program, whether it's BeachBody or going to the gym, etc.) you need to realize you're changing your lifestyle, not just working out until you're fit and then go back to eating what you want and being a couch potato. You need to be willing to change your entire lifestyle - what you eat, how often you eat, daily exercising, etc.

Through my own journey, I've learned that it's not necessarily how much you exercise, but what you put in your body that counts. Before I started Les Mills Combat, I hit the gym at least five days a week for at least an hour per day. Did I see results? Sure. But then I'd plateau, because I didn't change my diet.

When considering purchasing a program, remember that that program is yours to keep. $120 might seem like a lot all at once, but it's yours for ever. While a gym membership is $100, and you only get that for a month.

Do some research, read program reviews. And just find what works for you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff