Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sex Symbol

I slept for 4 hours last night and when I woke up my left eye appeared smaller than my right eye and later on it turned red and began to hurt. When I looked at something bright by left eye would begin throbbing in pain. Can anyone explain why this is happening lol I couldn't really search for it on Google.

No Hero

Are you just over thinking because of your bad sleep? Feel better emotion_8c
Ask someone who looks at you everyday about your eye. If problem continues, go to the doctor.
Idk I sleep for less than 4 hours sometimes and that never happened to me.

Divine Zealot

Keichoro
I slept for 4 hours last night and when I woke up my left eye appeared smaller than my right eye and later on it turned red and began to hurt. When I looked at something bright by left eye would begin throbbing in pain. Can anyone explain why this is happening lol I couldn't really search for it on Google.

Sounds like your eye is irritated. You might have something in it. It doesn't take much, from just a piece of a dirt to an eyelash. The part about looking smaller could be related to this, as your eye might close some, or some sort of swelling.

Your poor sleep and the eye thing may be unrelated.

If you are chronically sleeping poorly, or for short periods of time, that sounds like another issue you should tend to.
my left eye is usually slightly more shut than the right if I'm unaware of it... that is the side I sleep on, sometimes moving around on my pillow opens the eyelid a bit and lint or dust or an eyelash can irritate your eye. My eyes get dry very easily, and are usually a little bloodshot around the outside (more than most people I know)... I also don't get great sleep.

Something is probably bugging your eye, and if you are itching or rubbing it, it just makes it worse :X

I suggest you rinse it out with water, use some eyedrops if you have them, and try to keep control of rubbing it lol.

Fashionable Lunatic

10,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Sorry, I'm not a doctor.
emotion_8c
If it really concerns you or is persistent you should see your physician, they'll know what it is and what to do to make it better!

RennzzzZ's Husband

Friendly Informer

9,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
Keichoro

You need to consult a physician for this. You will be assess cephalocaudally (head to toe assessment) and will be observe objectively and will be ask some questions subjectively. Please refrain yourself from touching or rubbing your eyes, it will just make it more worse.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff