Welcome to Gaia! ::

Week 2, Day 1 summary

Forgot to weigh. Whoops.

Annoyed. 10,000 steps & 100+ oz of water.. FitBit is wrong on steps- I took way more than that.

Today was stressful. Was eating healthy, but only had logged 618 calories. Don't think I snacked any more than 400 calories just now with my stress snacking (some chips & gluten free, sugar free cereal). Def not over my allotted 1,200 for the day.

Ran a mile, walked a mile, did some squats & abs- so I worked out. Ate pretty healthy today, minus the chips. Tomorrow I start my internship, so I'm pretty stressed. G'night.

Week 2, Day 2 summary

Logged slightly over 800 calories. I can tell I'm getting too nervous to eat because I cannot explain why my weight has shot up. It isn't healthy to starve myself, though I do not feel starved, and need to up my calories tomorrow. I didn't even snack that much today- maybe 50 calories? I had three small chips.

Almost to 10,000 steps & 100 oz of water.
Walked a mile today as well.
Great to hear you are making great gains! We are very similar in the aspects of college. Even though I'm not in college yet, there's a beautiful Liberal Arts college that is close to my town that specifies in anything fitness. Someday I'd like to get paid to lift, but for now, its all for sports. I have gained 10 pounds in that past few months and I need to gain another 10 by the time my next sport comes up! Wish me luck, and good luck to you too Dylan! biggrin
Neptunes Anonymous
Great to hear you are making great gains! We are very similar in the aspects of college. Even though I'm not in college yet, there's a beautiful Liberal Arts college that is close to my town that specifies in anything fitness. Someday I'd like to get paid to lift, but for now, its all for sports. I have gained 10 pounds in that past few months and I need to gain another 10 by the time my next sport comes up! Wish me luck, and good luck to you too Dylan! biggrin

Thank you so much! Best of luck on your endeavors and let me know how all goes with that. I've never tried bulking, but I've heard it's quite the process!

Weighed and gained weight... not sure how. This is all upsetting. I want to just stop eating, I have anxiety about food. But then I get depressed and just stuff my face. I hate this cycle I've fallen into.

Week 2, Day 3 summary

No idea on calories.... I lost control crying
Maybe slightly around 1,500? I dunno. I stopped eating at 4:30 & swam for over an hour (this is suppose to burn around 300-400 calories according to MFP, not sure if that's true), so hopefully I didn't gain anything. This morning I was 130.2, so I lost a poundish since yesterday. Hope I didn't put it back on.

Walked a mile & swam today. Is that a work out? haha.

10,000 steps & 100 oz of water!
Second week back from track and did my second full leg day, straight killed it but didn't get a new max on parallel squat. My power cleans keep getting better and better though! Still not gaining much weight though..

Muscular Senshi

Dylllie

Weighed and gained weight... not sure how. This is all upsetting. I want to just stop eating, I have anxiety about food. But then I get depressed and just stuff my face. I hate this cycle I've fallen into.

Is there a possibility that this extra weight may be muscle as well? I have been reading your recordings of the day and they were very motivational. Do not fear, it is a setback but, the reality is you can still overcome it and get back on track. I myself have a constant battle with these cycles as well. I am really rooting for you to get over the hump and back in action!
Dark Overlord Cupcakes
Dylllie

Is there a possibility that this extra weight may be muscle as well? I have been reading your recordings of the day and they were very motivational. Do not fear, it is a setback but, the reality is you can still overcome it and get back on track. I myself have a constant battle with these cycles as well. I am really rooting for you to get over the hump and back in action!

I think it's a mixture of hormones. I have PCOS & constipation & my period is over a week late. I think these problems are causing my body to retain water, though I drink 100 oz + a day.

I weighed again this morning & had lost 1.2 lbs in a day, so I truly think it's water weight? I dunno. :/

Thank you immensely for the motivation, though, because it really inspires me. heart
Neptunes Anonymous
Second week back from track and did my second full leg day, straight killed it but didn't get a new max on parallel squat. My power cleans keep getting better and better though! Still not gaining much weight though..

Give it time! Are you eating at a bulk / enough protein? I heard you should eat your body weight in grams of protein when trying to gain weight.

Week 2, Day 4 summary

Think I was around my allotted 1,200 calories today... IDK. Only ate junk today, but I didn't eat a lot. In fact, I starved myself until 2, then decided to reward myself with a snickers (250 calories). Had 2 pieces of pizza (~500 calories) & 2 breadsticks (200 calories) for dinner.

Also had a few animal crackers today.

Drank about 50 oz of water & 10,000 steps.
Walked a mile & swam.

Muscular Senshi

Dylllie

I think it's a mixture of hormones. I have PCOS & constipation & my period is over a week late. I think these problems are causing my body to retain water, though I drink 100 oz + a day.

I weighed again this morning & had lost 1.2 lbs in a day, so I truly think it's water weight? I dunno. :/

Thank you immensely for the motivation, though, because it really inspires me. heart

Considering the combination you listed above, your suggestion as to the cause seems pretty plausible! It just might be water weight and bloating for the time being and perhaps with time such as a week or so it may pass? At least you are showing signs of progress by losing more than a pound. Even though it may or may not be your goal it shows you are producing results.
You are very welcome! Positive motivation can really help uplift your mood and I am glad it did it for yours.
Dylllie
Neptunes Anonymous

Give it time! Are you eating at a bulk / enough protein? I heard you should eat your body weight in grams of protein when trying to gain weight.

My genetics are the exact opposite of what I need to gain weight, I'm tall with lanky arms and small chest with a fast metabolism. I seriously eat so much, and its not just garbage either. I can tell i've hit a plateau and i'm trying to work to get passed it.. It just sucks!
Neptunes Anonymous
Dylllie
Neptunes Anonymous

My genetics are the exact opposite of what I need to gain weight, I'm tall with lanky arms and small chest with a fast metabolism. I seriously eat so much, and its not just garbage either. I can tell i've hit a plateau and i'm trying to work to get passed it.. It just sucks!

Have you confided in a trainer? Do you take supplements?

Man, that's a rough situation to be in )":

Week 2, Day 5 summary

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas