Vegan 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 12 ]
Total Votes:[ 72 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Attacking Fatcat

27,050 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
I'm a chef, and I have never used tofu. I'm actually kind've scared of using it. How would you describe the flavor? What are some good ways to use it and any good marinades?

PS What made you want to adopt a vegan lifestyle?

Rainbow Raider

4,400 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Team Jacob 100
His-Pleasure
Alexstraszah
His-Pleasure
Alexstraszah
His-Pleasure
I was once a vegatarian but then I started craving meat again(it made me sick) How can I get back on track without being sidetracked by meat?

Willpower and finding a meat substitute that is good.
What meats were you craving?

Turkey and ham. It looks so gross but since i've tasted it before my brains like it's good just close your eyes n eat it. The smell is so good too? I've tried tofu n didn't really like it.

Try and get some faux turkey and ham deli slices and eating them on a sandwich.
It's yummy.
When I was starting out, I CRAVED chicken. And bacon. They were my demise.
But then when I craved it I went out and got the fake version and at that instead.
Of course it doesn't exactly taste like the real thing, but it should help to ease the
transition more.

Thanks heart Your saving my stomach and animals!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im glad. heart
if there's anything else i can help with lemme know dearest

Rainbow Raider

4,400 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Team Jacob 100
slapthefatcat2
I'm a chef, and I have never used tofu. I'm actually kind've scared of using it. How would you describe the flavor? What are some good ways to use it and any good marinades?

Hi. Thanks for asking.
Tofu is a little hard to cook with. It doesn't really have a flavor as it takes on the flavor of whatever you cook it with or marinade it in.
Um, I've made it in a tofu scrabble using extra firm and salsa :3
Or let it sit in a soy/teriyaki sauce for 5 hours to it soaks it into little squares and sauteed/fried them.
The best bet would be to look up some recipes and experiment. Tofu is relatively inexpensive, so it's okay to make mistakes. biggrin

I've been vegetarian since I was 16, I just didn't really eat meat as is and I don't like the flavors.
I became vegan at age 20 when I became lactose intolerant. So then I also cut out anything else that would make my stomach upset, I have a bad stomach disease so cutting out anything that is potentionally harmful helped a lot. Now, I'm 24 and I help others become vegetarian and vegan :3
I've heard a lot of conflicting views about including eggs or honey in a vegetarian lifestyle, what do you think?

Rainbow Raider

4,400 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Team Jacob 100
Homicidal Orange
I've heard a lot of conflicting views about including eggs or honey in a vegetarian lifestyle, what do you think?

Eggs are completely out for vegans. If they say otherwise, they are just anti-dairy vegetarians.

Some do honey/gelatin, others don't.
Personally, I don't like honey or jello :p

Sexy Turtle

User Image

What am I? that part is very confusing for myself.

I dont eat Dairy or Meat at all. I like egg only if it is pure farmed [those can be expensive, but i like how it taste and i treat myself with organic eggs once every a while, maybe 3 or 5 months], not those slaughter factories.

I eat raw vegetables more than cooked. However; I enjoy cooking vegetable soups only [no chicken or beef broth, i made broth myself with vegetables waste [fresh of course, not rotten ones]

I dont even eat cheese because I find them gross.

I like Tofu.

So am I a Vegetarian because I eat pure egg once a long while?

Sexy Turtle

Miss Esa
I am looking for makeup, lotions, and hair care items that are not tested on animals and the like. Any suggestions?
User Image

Do you want to use make-up that used bugs for the colours and the chemicals in it?
Or you want to use Pure Nature make-up with no chemicals or any bugs?

Bunai

On Normal meals?
Or normal things I eat?
User Image

A bit more detail. I never had tofu for example.

You can use "Potatoes masher" to smash the tofu and used it in Chili instead of Hamburgers. With so much vetgetables with beans and chili powder.

Tasty, Yumm.

Sexy Turtle

slapthefatcat2

User Image

You are a chef and scared to try something so new?! Oh my, that is so weird because my fiancée and his best friend whom is my room-mate is chef and love trying new vegetarian foods.

Anyways, Tofu- my favorite. You can even crispy it up a bit to feel crispy or make it nicely soaked or dry on your mood, they taste like light chicken but more plain and you can even add spices or dressings to make it tasty with other vegetables or even use in stir fry as a meat replace. There is few types of Tofu, I use Mild as usual. It is best to try at Restaurants since people like it so you can get an idea. Best choice is Thai.

Interesting Nerd

Black Lust Perfume
Miss Esa
I am looking for makeup, lotions, and hair care items that are not tested on animals and the like. Any suggestions?
User Image

Do you want to use make-up that used bugs for the colours and the chemicals in it?
Or you want to use Pure Nature make-up with no chemicals or any bugs?

Due to my allergies I prefer 'pure' make up.

Sexy Turtle

Miss Esa

Due to my allergies I prefer 'pure' make up.
User Image

http://www.saffronrouge.com/makeup
So I just recently started a vegan diet, going on about 3 weeks. I was wondering if yogurt is one of the excluded food stuffs. And if so are there any vegan yogurts.

Being as yogurt was/is one of my favorite things to eat and cook with. I'm just curious.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff