Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Lover

3,050 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
the dancing duckling
what are the best kinds of exercises for strengthening up your core and legs?

also, theres a "metabolism enhancer" called garcinia cambogia. i was wondering if youve ever
heard of it, and what your opinion on it might be.

As stated above, search for Mike Karpenkos abdomen killers. UFC fighters have the strongest cores for ground and pound. As for leg exercises, I would recommend splitting them between muscle groups twice a week. Squats work the legs as well as your core. Any calf extensions, machine hamstring workouts as well as weighted lunges. You should ALWAYS warm up before you hit your legs hard.

I do not take motabolism enhancers, therefore do not have the expertise in them.High Metabolism is created by having a good diet routine

Distinct Lover

3,050 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
Monster Pup
Do you have any advice for how to put maximal effort into each set? I think too many people, myself included, stop when they can still squeeze out a rep or two if they really, really tried.

Yes, you have to push that max repetition for maximum results. Maximum results come from hard work, and the last repetition is hard work. When you push that last one, your muscles pump so much blood, you will probably get red in the face, good sign of a great set. Don't wuss out.

Distinct Lover

3,050 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
Sound Awake
I'm starting to go to the gym tomorrow, what are some beginner equipment and paces I should go for? I tried researching some online but a lot of the things varied greatly for beginners like the resistance and timing for elipitcals/treadmills, etc. I'm 210lbs and 5'8''. I'm thinking I should work on cardio for a bit to work on my stamina and then go to lifting weights or other stuff? I'm really at a loss. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Do not do cardiovascular exercises before weight lifting. I see so many people make this mistake. It weakens your system and you will not preform well in the gym. If you have to do cardio, do it after you weight lift. If it is your very FIRST day, remember this: Do not EVER think you will keep up with the people in the gym, nor should you try. Focus on yourself only and keep your ego in check. Beginners make mistakes of rushing into workouts they cant finish or they give up. Your main goal when you step into that gym is experiment what best works for you, everyone is different. Start easy, keep experimenting, once you gain the gym endurance and your muscles start to adapt, move on to heavier weights, longer duration. My advice is, listen to your body.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff