Welcome to Gaia! ::

High-functioning Fatcat

12,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Evolution Debut 250
I've had them for almost ten years now. I'm nervous to get a new job or even go to school for a new career. I know that I miss work a couple times every other week every month in the summertime. I am afraid of getting fired for them but I've seen so many doctors and there's nothing they are doing that's helping me. If anyone has experience with getting fired for them or problems relating to their job please let me know.

Generous Giver

22,940 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
I have a hangover induced migraine right now :C

Tipsy Prophet

15,625 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
Have you tried going to a nurologist? I haven't missed work or school because of migraines, but I have been reduced to tears, and nearly vomiting because of the pain. I haven't gone to see a doctor, mostly because I already know what it's caused by, plus it runs in my family. I usually get mine because of barometric pressure changes (when the weather changes) So like before it rains, then the seasons change, and when there are going to be drastic changes in the weather. I usually just take Advil, and try to sleep it off, or if they're tolerable I try to just tough them out, which isn't always the best option.

Something else you can try, is going to see a naturopath. My cousin had acupuncture done for her migraines, and she said it had made a massive difference for a while, so you could always give that a shot, and see how it goes.

Also, I don't think they can fire you for suffering from migraines. As long as you can provide proof, like a doctors note or something along the lines of that, I don't really think they can fire you. Especially is where you work is unionized.

High-functioning Fatcat

12,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Evolution Debut 250
Fallen-Pottery-Angel
Have you tried going to a nurologist? I haven't missed work or school because of migraines, but I have been reduced to tears, and nearly vomiting because of the pain. I haven't gone to see a doctor, mostly because I already know what it's caused by, plus it runs in my family. I usually get mine because of barometric pressure changes (when the weather changes) So like before it rains, then the seasons change, and when there are going to be drastic changes in the weather. I usually just take Advil, and try to sleep it off, or if they're tolerable I try to just tough them out, which isn't always the best option.

Something else you can try, is going to see a naturopath. My cousin had acupuncture done for her migraines, and she said it had made a massive difference for a while, so you could always give that a shot, and see how it goes.

Also, I don't think they can fire you for suffering from migraines. As long as you can provide proof, like a doctors note or something along the lines of that, I don't really think they can fire you. Especially is where you work is unionized.

I am currently seeing a neurologist. I saw one in the past before too. I think mine has alot to do with the season change and possibly the pressure too. I get migraines way more in the summertime.
Some things you can try:

Acupuncture
Biofeedback
Massages
Supplements
Relaxation techniques
Exercise
Spinal manipulation
Talk therapy
Transcranial magnetic stimulation
Diet changes
Herbal remedies
Pressure

Tipsy Prophet

15,625 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
kittenspurpleandglitter
Fallen-Pottery-Angel

I am currently seeing a neurologist. I saw one in the past before too. I think mine has alot to do with the season change and possibly the pressure too. I get migraines way more in the summertime.

My sister went to see a neurologist for hers, and some of the medications she was prescribed she didn't even get because they we something like 200$.

Whenever I get them, I usually go with the off label use for Advil use. But I would talk to you're doctor about it first.
I have had migraines for about 10 years as well. I used to try to take any and every OTC medicine I could find to try to treat it but nothing ever worked and to this day, nothing works.

I went to the doctor and got diagnosed with sever chronic migraines and prescribed a high dose of Imitrex. If you want to try a medicine, I would request that because for me, it works like a charm. 2 every 4 hours as needed for pain. It gets so bad that I start to vomit and can't stand up but if I take this medicine when I start feeling something come up and start seeing those dang wavy lines, I won't get one.

Profitable Trader

7,600 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
I'll pray to cure you.

High-functioning Fatcat

12,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Evolution Debut 250
iBatDad
I have had migraines for about 10 years as well. I used to try to take any and every OTC medicine I could find to try to treat it but nothing ever worked and to this day, nothing works.

I went to the doctor and got diagnosed with sever chronic migraines and prescribed a high dose of Imitrex. If you want to try a medicine, I would request that because for me, it works like a charm. 2 every 4 hours as needed for pain. It gets so bad that I start to vomit and can't stand up but if I take this medicine when I start feeling something come up and start seeing those dang wavy lines, I won't get one.

i've tried imitrex and it mostly just makes me feel drugged out of my mind yet i'll still have the hammer to my head pain. I usually puke every time i get them. It'll start with the aura..i'll go kind of blind for a little while. That's when I take my medicine, but I don't think I've ever been able to stop it before it gets bad.
The latest thing my doc has tried for me is zomig nasal spray, so that it'd be the fastest way to get in me to stop it. However, it doesn't work at all. I go back to my neurologist to try new meds in march.

High-functioning Fatcat

12,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Evolution Debut 250
SHAZNI 10
I'll pray to cure you.

aw ur sweet. thank you heart
kittenspurpleandglitter
iBatDad

i've tried imitrex and it mostly just makes me feel drugged out of my mind yet i'll still have the hammer to my head pain. I usually puke every time i get them. It'll start with the aura..i'll go kind of blind for a little while. That's when I take my medicine, but I don't think I've ever been able to stop it before it gets bad.
The latest thing my doc has tried for me is zomig nasal spray, so that it'd be the fastest way to get in me to stop it. However, it doesn't work at all. I go back to my neurologist to try new meds in march.

Hopefully they can figure something out for you. When I get my migraines, I see wavy lines and colorful dots. It's so strange. That's when I use the imitrex. Make sure to let us know what they give you and if it works.

High-functioning Fatcat

12,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Evolution Debut 250
xBATDADx
kittenspurpleandglitter
iBatDad

Hopefully they can figure something out for you. When I get my migraines, I see wavy lines and colorful dots. It's so strange. That's when I use the imitrex. Make sure to let us know what they give you and if it works.

will do. i can't afford to keep going to the er cause my insurance is starting to fight me on them saying migraines aren't a emergency.

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
I have "migraines"/constant headache because of my neurological condition. You should look into it.

I have idiopathic intracranial hypertension. It's really high intracranial pressure.

On bad days, I can't get out bed, I feel like my eyes are being shoved out and I can hear heartbeat in my ears like someone pounding on the door and it hurts like someone hitting me with a bag with every beat.

On good days, it's just dull. I can always hear my heartbeat in my ears, like a little hum.

My neurologist has got me on topiramate, which helps, but it seems like it takes time to get into my system, and it helps, and then my body gets used to it, then it stops working, and I have to have the dose increased again.

You should ask about topiramate. It's used pretty commonly for migraines. It has some pretty bad side effects, but if you can get past them, and have reliable birth control if you're female, it's a good treatment, usually.

Anyway, good luck to you. Hope tomorrow is a good, migraine-free day. I feel your pain. heart
I'm sorry you suffer from migraines. I do too, so I know what you go through. I had to get on a daily medication to help regulate my migraines called Depakote. I also have pills I take when I get a migraine called Relpax. It helps constrict the blood vessels in the brain to help simmer the pain down. I also have to get massages every month, do yoga on an almost daily basis, and I go to a chiropractor. Mine are caused by a spinal deformity and hormones (I used to get migraines at that time of the month almost every month and called out a lot because of it).

I wonder if for you doing a series of things will help? It took a few months for the chiropractor and massages to really do the trick, but along with the medication I take it's helped drastically. Of course I don't get them as badly as you seem to get yours. I do the yoga to keep myself stretched out, which helps keep my back aligned and puts less pressure on my nerves. This also reduces my headaches.

I hope in March your doctor has more ideas for you. There has to be something. I've also heard Botox helps - that's what it was initially designed for was headaches! Maybe ask about Botox? I don't know what to suggest other than that. I just hope that there is something that will help.

Friendly Player

5,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Generous 100
sometimes migrained happened because of our body tired.
or you haven't eat food so body didn't have many carbodioxide = energy;
to do work or something that make you have migraine ...
well it's just my opinion and happened to me

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces