Welcome to Gaia! ::

My sister has fructose malabsorption, sucrose/maltose intolerance, and lactose intolerance.
Only carb she can eat glucose.

I wanna know how common it is.

6,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
Extremely uncommon to the point where I assume you're a liar or an idiot if you claim it to be true about you without a firm doctor's diagnosis.
Wolfdude87
Extremely uncommon to the point where I assume you're a liar or an idiot if you claim it to be true about you without a firm doctor's diagnosis.

I am not a liar.

6,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
mcdiabesity
Wolfdude87

I am not a liar.

You realize that by saying that you're telling me you're an idiot right? Remember, you said it, not me.
Wolfdude87
mcdiabesity
Wolfdude87

I am not a liar.

You realize that by saying that you're telling me you're an idiot right? Remember, you said it, not me.

No. I'm not.
Sister actually cannot eat those foods without getting sick.
She has to eat a high protein diet.

You'd be surprised some of the stuff that's out there, so you shouldn't be calling people idiots.

Divine Zealot

mcdiabesity
Wolfdude87
mcdiabesity
Wolfdude87

I am not a liar.

No. I'm not.

You'd be surprised some of the stuff that's out there, so you shouldn't be calling people idiots.

"..where I assume you're a liar or an idiot..."
Just saying, but by stating that you weren't a liar, you acknowledged to being an idiot.

Second, many people with these problems are usually not officially diagnosed. They read something on the internet, notice they gain a little bit of weight from eating sugar, and randomly assume. Lying is not out of the question in these cases because "I have X problem," and there's no way of knowing that someone is telling you the truth. especially over the internet.

If these foods cause problems, there is something wrong. Chris Kresser put up a theory on how to reverse lactose intolerance through the ingestion of fermented dairy and probiotics. The overall idea being that there's something wrong (overall) on the gut, where most of these items are absorbed and / or broken down further.

If this is the case, it could be viewed as a condition that is developed, similarly to other metabolic diseases such as diabetes. It being common at all would merely be a marker of how terrible their diet is.
Poe-Sama
mcdiabesity
Wolfdude87
mcdiabesity
Wolfdude87

I am not a liar.

No. I'm not.

"..where I assume you're a liar or an idiot..."
Just saying, but by stating that you weren't a liar, you acknowledged to being an idiot.

Second, many people with these problems are usually not officially diagnosed. They read something on the internet, notice they gain a little bit of weight from eating sugar, and randomly assume. Lying is not out of the question in these cases because "I have X problem," and there's no way of knowing that someone is telling you the truth. especially over the internet.

If these foods cause problems, there is something wrong. Chris Kresser put up a theory on how to reverse lactose intolerance through the ingestion of fermented dairy and probiotics. The overall idea being that there's something wrong (overall) on the gut, where most of these items are absorbed and / or broken down further.

If this is the case, it could be viewed as a condition that is developed, similarly to other metabolic diseases such as diabetes. It being common at all would merely be a marker of how terrible their diet is.

She can eat cheese; cheese has no/not enough lactose.

Internet doesn't really have much info on these.
I give her starch, she'll survive. but gets muscle pain, twitches, spasms, and rage, and these problems only happen if consuming those foods.

If I give her cane sugar(sucrose), she will get vomitting, increased heart rate, nausea, light headed, and dizzy.

Fructose does normal intolerance stuff.

When I put her on high protein diet, she is fine.
Wolfdude87

you'd be surprised.
lactose intolerance is extremely common.
sucrose/maltose are a combined thing usually.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff