Welcome to Gaia! ::

hey wondering if anyone does calisthenics. its also a great way to lose weight and gain muscle without spending hella cash on a gym mebership

Divine Zealot

I do calisthenics.

However, I think more people don't do calisthenics because they would like to acquire more hypertrophy than calisthenics may allow.

Edit: I use Convict Conditioning's Big Six primarily.
yea im just starting to do that. what are your routines and is a diet really needed?
Poe-Sensei
I do calisthenics.

However, I think more people don't do calisthenics because they would like to acquire more hypertrophy than calisthenics may allow.

yea im just starting to do that. what are your routines and is a diet really needed?

Divine Zealot

boironnie Vibes
Poe-Sensei
I do calisthenics.

Thanks for quoting. Doubt I'd have noticed your other message otherwise. Next time, try to edit it instead.

Depends on how you define diet. What do you think you would need it for?

If you're looking to lose weight, no. Not really.
For health? Absolutely.
If you're trying to get a particular shape... That's debateable, but I am in the school of, "It doesn't matter."

I don't have the means currently to do pull-ups. Handstands and bridges are off limits until you get so far in the other four exercises. So I largely just do pushup, squat and leg raise progressions. I do 100 of each every day.
Poe-Sensei
boironnie Vibes
Poe-Sensei
I do calisthenics.

Thanks for quoting. Doubt I'd have noticed your other message otherwise. Next time, try to edit it instead.

Depends on how you define diet. What do you think you would need it for?

If you're looking to lose weight, no. Not really.
For health? Absolutely.
If you're trying to get a particular shape... That's debateable, but I am in the school of, "It doesn't matter."

I don't have the means currently to do pull-ups. Handstands and bridges are off limits until you get so far in the other four exercises. So I largely just do pushup, squat and leg raise progressions. I do 100 of each every day.

100 every day.. well thats about right im tring to do 10 pushup sit ups pullups squats and dips... for a whole hour every day... im skinny bearly have any fat im trying to get bigger and more defined muscles

Divine Zealot

boironnie Vibes
100 every day.. well thats about right im tring to do 10 pushup sit ups pullups squats and dips... for a whole hour every day... im skinny bearly have any fat im trying to get bigger and more defined muscles

Are you saying 10 of those exercises in a circuit, then you repeat? Or 100 of each of those exercises?

If you're skinny and trying to get bigger, you need to eat MORE. Exercise alone won't help.

As I said before, though, don't expect to get much hypertrophy on it. You'll build muscle, you'll just be quite lean in the end.

If you'd like any variety in the future, check out Al Kavadlo on YouTube.

Shirtless Tycoon

15,350 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Josie 25
aw man, I wish I had a playground near me! Those look fun.
well you can also just build one with pips if you really want to be creative

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces