Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anbu`'s Husband

Ruthless Capitalist

Just wondering, it's been a while but i want to start working out again to get healthier, but me and caffeine don't mix and i always feel tired halfway through the day.

And suggestions?

Also if anyone can give me a link to a thread explaining ways for someone who is skinny to gain muscle that would be great (If a thread already exists).
Don't think you would need caffeine to feel awake during the day.
You should be able to get through a day without it.

A healthy diet, a proper sleeping pattern helps with it.
Complex carbs are a great way to get long-lasting energy. I usually start my day out with oatmeal topped with bananas and peanut butter. n.n

Although, back when I used to do early morning long runs, a banana was usually my preference for quick energy. A granola bar or energy bar of some sort can also do the trick if you need quick, expendable energy for an early morning exercise. I never drank coffee for those runs though haha, there aren't any bathrooms in the mountains. ; u ;

Protein will most certainly give you energy, albeit not as quick as simple carbs. It will last longer, though.

Healthy fats, such as those found in nuts give you long-lasting energy as well. Again, not as fast as carbs or protein. Essentially you do want a mix of all the macros for energy. c:

As for muscle gain, start out slow and work your way up. Perhaps going to a local gym and asking a worker there about how to get started lifting weights would be a good idea. Make sure you're eating enough protein (a protein powder would do, just don't go overboard! Search up how much protein you should be eating daily based on your body), getting enough sleep, drinking enough water (again, don't go overboard), getting enough rest (important!), eating enough in general, and progressing in your workouts (in other words, try doing one more rep than before or lifting something a little heavier than your last workout, but definitely don't push it too hard too soon because that can lead to injuries and set-backs).

Interesting Hunter

Yep, yep.
As said before, a proper diet should do the work along with regular sleep patterns.

Another small thing you can do is having a small meal before your workout. Bananas and nuts are very good for that kind of meal.
Fruits work good.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces