Welcome to Gaia! ::

I had it before pregnancy, and am showing symptoms of it again at the end of my pregnancy.
I actually did really well on metformin, and phentermine. What meds do they have you taking, and have they changed your diet at all?

Tipsy Streaker

XMintyXMilkX
I had it before pregnancy, and am showing symptoms of it again at the end of my pregnancy.
I actually did really well on metformin, and phentermine. What meds do they have you taking, and have they changed your diet at all?

I take Metformin and birth control.
Everyone else seems to have covered it. But I would just add that many of my symptoms have disappeared after becoming a health food nut. I cut out processed sugars, white bread or other stripped grains, and went with a mostly raw veggie diet.

4,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Smaul Tits
I'm struggling with the weight gain from the condition and the medication I've started taking. I have gained.....ugh so much weight. I pretty much ballooned up from 143 to a number I do not like.

So does anyone have any dieting tips? I eat fairly healthy, and I eat two meals a day(the only two times I have to take my medication). My whole body is out of whack and I really want to fast but I can't classified_fu

EDIT: (10/2/12) I am successfully losing weight. So far it's 2lbs, but it's still progress. I tweeked my diet a bit adding raw vegetables to my dinner, and I add fruit into my morning porridge. And I've been drinking lots of water as well.

Aww, man. I wish I saw this post sooner. I'm glad someone's asked this because I've been wanting to know! I'm glad that you're doing well!

Hey, my name is Mia. (I have PCOS as well.) I'm also struggling with my weight.
I was at my heaviest: 210 pounds. I'm 206 pounds now. When I was first diagnosed with hirsutism (2006), I was 171. I wasn't diagnosed with PCOS until this following year. I have all of the symptoms except infertility.

Is Metformin giving you any problems? My endocrinologist started me off with 750mg because my symptoms were/are pretty bad, but the medicine makes me REALLY sick. During the school year, I just don't take it because it will lead up to early morning or mid-day vomiting or diarrhea. It does help me lose weight but in a rather uncomfortable, very sickly manner. I also take birth control and Spironolactone, which leads me to have all types of side effects.

Feel free to add me! I love getting to know other girls with PCOS. (:

Tipsy Streaker

x-iArtistic
Smaul Tits
I'm struggling with the weight gain from the condition and the medication I've started taking. I have gained.....ugh so much weight. I pretty much ballooned up from 143 to a number I do not like.

So does anyone have any dieting tips? I eat fairly healthy, and I eat two meals a day(the only two times I have to take my medication). My whole body is out of whack and I really want to fast but I can't classified_fu

EDIT: (10/2/12) I am successfully losing weight. So far it's 2lbs, but it's still progress. I tweeked my diet a bit adding raw vegetables to my dinner, and I add fruit into my morning porridge. And I've been drinking lots of water as well.

Aww, man. I wish I saw this post sooner. I'm glad someone's asked this because I've been wanting to know! I'm glad that you're doing well!

I'm at my heaviest: 206 pounds. When I was first diagnosed with hirsutism (2006), I was 171. I wasn't diagnosed with PCOS until this following year. I have all of the symptoms except infertility.

Is Metformin giving you any problems? My endocrinologist started me off with 750mg because my symptoms were/are pretty bad, but the medicine makes me REALLY sick. During the school year, I just don't take it because it will lead up to early morning or mid-day vomiting or diarrhea. It does help me lose weight but in a rather uncomfortable, very sickly manner. I also take birth control and Spironolactone, which leads me to have all types of side effects.

Hello there!!!
The Metformin is helping me. The side effects only lasted a week and a half. Now I feel nothing.
I am experiencing some bloating though, it makes me look 5 months pregnant emo

I haven't been taking any other medication besides the Metformin and the birth control. Idk if my dosage will increase either. It's all low dose right now, so I think it's mild, although the hirsutism is something I've had since age 13. It's really bad now though. My lower half is covered in hair. I try waxing myself at home.

It's a pain in the butt. My weight is crazy now though, I'm gaining again ;-;

4,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Smaul Tits
x-iArtistic
Smaul Tits

I'm at my heaviest: 206 pounds. When I was first diagnosed with hirsutism (2006), I was 171. I wasn't diagnosed with PCOS until this following year. I have all of the symptoms except infertility.

Hello there!!!
The Metformin is helping me. The side effects only lasted a week and a half. Now I feel nothing.

I haven't been taking any other medication besides the Metformin and the birth control. Idk if my dosage will increase either. It's all low dose right now, so I think it's mild, although the hirsutism is something I've had since age 13. It's really bad now though. My lower half is covered in hair. I try waxing myself at home.

I wish I could've started at 500mg but when my meds were reduced 500mg, I was still facing those AWFUL side effects.
Yes! The awful bloating... I can feel my stomach bubbling and gas just developing. It feels so terrible. Sometimes, it starts giving me pain because the gas is heavily congested. The nasty after taste of Metformin stays in my mouth for hours... and I randomly burp to release the gas. (I never burp in public either... so my parents were pretty amazed by this.)

I've been hairy all my life...the hairs caused me to have severe acne when I was 8. It never went away until a gigantic boil was formed on my lower back by bacterial build-up and in-grown hairs...I had to undergo a rather unique surgery in 2010. They had to cut my lower back/butt open and package the pus so it wouldn't get infected away. The clinic surgeon said I had so much bacteria in my body that it seemed almost fatal. redface So embarrassing. However, my breakouts don't even compared to how they used to be. I'm grateful! Now, I need to get bleaching cream or some type of skin corrector to fade my awful scars.

I've tried waxing and all that stuff. I got hair laser treatments for my sideburns and chin. (That helped a bit.) I'm just more tolerate of my hair now... I haven't shaved/naired/waxed my body in nearly 2 months... well, I do have to prep my face and my upper chest a little.

Over the summer, I lost 12-13 pounds. It took only 2 weeks of not taking my Metformin to gain it back. I was going to the gym, eating healthy, and all that other stuff. Metformin helps with the insulin resistance... so without it, you're basically doing nothing.

How do you feel about dating while having PCOS?

Tipsy Streaker

x-iArtistic
Smaul Tits
x-iArtistic
Smaul Tits

Hello there!!!

I wish I could've started at 500mg but when my meds were reduced 500mg, I was still facing those AWFUL side effects.
Yes! The awful bloating... I can feel my stomach bubbling and gas just developing. It feels so terrible. Sometimes, it starts giving me pain because the gas is heavily congested. The nasty after taste of Metformin stays in my mouth for hours... and I randomly burp to release the gas. (I never burp in public either... so my parents were pretty amazed by this.)

I've been hairy all my life...the hairs caused me to have severe acne when I was 8. It never went away until a gigantic boil was formed on my lower back by bacterial build-up and in-grown hairs...I had to undergo a rather unique surgery in 2010. They had to cut my lower back/butt open and package the pus so it wouldn't get infected away. The clinic surgeon said I had so much bacteria in my body that it seemed almost fatal. redface So embarrassing. However, my breakouts don't even compared to how they used to be. I'm grateful! Now, I need to get bleaching cream or some type of skin corrector to fade my awful scars.

I've tried waxing and all that stuff. I got hair laser treatments for my sideburns and chin. (That helped a bit.) I'm just more tolerate of my hair now... I haven't shaved/naired/waxed my body in nearly 2 months... well, I do have to prep my face and my upper chest a little.

Over the summer, I lost 12-13 pounds. It took only 2 weeks of not taking my Metformin to gain it back. I was going to the gym, eating healthy, and all that other stuff. Metformin helps with the insulin resistance... so without it, you're basically doing nothing.

ooh to avoid the awful after taste I fill my mouth with water and then drop the pills in and swallow. I don't taste it all now.
I don't really have the chest hair. My stomach is hairy though. I used to shave that, now I wax it. I don't mind the pain because I like the results. I also don't have the acne problem. I tweeze my chin and sideburns sweatdrop

As for the dating....I don't really date as much anymore. But when there's a guy in my life I avoid intimacy. Or I shave like crazy a couple hours before. When I was thinner and went to the spa for waxing I had all the confidence in the world. Not anymore classified_fu

4,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Smaul Tits
x-iArtistic
Smaul Tits
x-iArtistic
Smaul Tits

Hello there!!!

ooh to avoid the awful after taste I fill my mouth with water and then drop the pills in and swallow. I don't taste it all now.
I don't really have the chest hair. My stomach is hairy though. I used to shave that, now I wax it. I don't mind the pain because I like the results. I also don't have the acne problem. I tweeze my chin and sideburns sweatdrop

As for the dating....I don't really date as much anymore. But when there's a guy in my life I avoid intimacy. Or I shave like crazy a couple hours before. When I was thinner and went to the spa for waxing I had all the confidence in the world. Not anymore classified_fu

I tried that and it made things a little better! They could make it taste better or something... Have you seen the chart of hirsutism before? If you have, I'm like... level 4 or 5 (5 being the highest) with everything. My chest hair isn't like terrible but it makes me uncomfortable to have curly qs while my chest out like I'm Tony Montana on Scarface.... The hairy tummy and happy trail just kills my pride... I've broken out in probably every single place you can think of. My skin is discolored and I have scars, stretch marks, etc all over. I cover my body. No shorts in the summertime and I REALLY want to. I just really hate my legs. They're hideous. I wis I could've missed out on the acne and hair...

I never really dated locally. I usually do long distance because the guy doesn't have to see me every day and I can bum/sasquatch out until he comes visits. lol. My boyfriend knows about it... but I haven't really shown him that much yet. He doesn't think it's serious...but I havent shown him the wrath of hirsutism. sweatdrop I'm a virgin, and I just can't bear thinking someone wants to have sex with a werewolf. I never been to the spa to get a wax but my endocrinologist highly recommended my mom to help pay for that. (I was like "YES!" wink I think my hair would appear less... I've noticed some spots of my body are hairless then others are just long strings of hair. I can probably contribute to making a violin. lol.

Tipsy Streaker

x-iArtistic
Smaul Tits
x-iArtistic
Smaul Tits
x-iArtistic
Smaul Tits

Hello there!!!

I tried that and it made things a little better! They could make it taste better or something... Have you seen the chart of hirsutism before? If you have, I'm like... level 4 or 5 (5 being the highest) with everything. My chest hair isn't like terrible but it makes me uncomfortable to have curly qs while my chest out like I'm Tony Montana on Scarface.... The hairy tummy and happy trail just kills my pride... I've broken out in probably every single place you can think of. My skin is discolored and I have scars, stretch marks, etc all over. I cover my body. No shorts in the summertime and I REALLY want to. I just really hate my legs. They're hideous. I wis I could've missed out on the acne and hair...

I never really dated locally. I usually do long distance because the guy doesn't have to see me every day and I can bum/sasquatch out until he comes visits. lol. My boyfriend knows about it... but I haven't really shown him that much yet. He doesn't think it's serious...but I havent shown him the wrath of hirsutism. sweatdrop I'm a virgin, and I just can't bear thinking someone wants to have sex with a werewolf. I never been to the spa to get a wax but my endocrinologist highly recommended my mom to help pay for that. (I was like "YES!" wink I think my hair would appear less... I've noticed some spots of my body are hairless then others are just long strings of hair. I can probably contribute to making a violin. lol.

The waxing does help minimize the hair, so do consider it. For your scars I would suggest chemical exfoliation(like skin lotions- google it).

I've done both long distance and local, and I've had sex and fooled around without being penetrated or getting naked. I think my PCOS is milder than yours, and I haven seen the chart but I could be a level 3. Idk. Try not to stress it too much though. And you can add me as a friend to. I can't send the request on this app ;-;

4,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Smaul Tits
x-iArtistic
Smaul Tits
x-iArtistic
Smaul Tits
Hello there!!!

The waxing does help minimize the hair, so do consider it. For your scars I would suggest chemical exfoliation(like skin lotions- google it).

I've done both long distance and local, and I've had sex and fooled around without being penetrated or getting naked. I think my PCOS is milder than yours, and I haven seen the chart but I could be a level 3. Idk. Try not to stress it too much though. And you can add me as a friend to. I can't send the request on this app ;-;

Hmm. I should then! Waxing and hair laser show the best results but are soooo costly. And google the chart! (Sorry, about the mix up. The highest level is 4, so I'm like a mixture of level 3 & 4)

I'm not stressing over PCOS as much because I started using Tumblr as a blogging website. You should get on there because you will meet SO many others with PCOS and relateable problems, thoughts, etc. It really makes you feel better than youre not alone.

Tipsy Streaker

x-iArtistic
Smaul Tits
x-iArtistic
Smaul Tits
x-iArtistic
Smaul Tits
Hello there!!!

Hmm. I should then! Waxing and hair laser show the best results but are soooo costly. And google the chart! (Sorry, about the mix up. The highest level is 4, so I'm like a mixture of level 3 & 4)

I'm not stressing over PCOS as much because I started using Tumblr as a blogging website. You should get on there because you will meet SO many others with PCOS and relateable problems, thoughts, etc. It really makes you feel better than youre not alone.

I can't promise that I will, lol :/

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces