Welcome to Gaia! ::

Loyal Wife

15,625 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
About a year ago,, I had sprained my ankle really bad, possibly cracked it. We didn't see a doctor or anything.
These past few weeks, during my gym classes weekly mile run, I've been having problems with it. About half way through it'll start hurting like I had sprained it again and I have to practically limp the rest of the way.
People are telling me it might have been fractured, but since I never got it checked, well, there's no way to know.
What.. What should I do for it?
Talk to your hubby, duh.

Loyal Wife

15,625 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
Seasend
Talk to your hubby, duh.

He can't help me emotion_8c

Witty Conversationalist

I think you should go into a walk-in clinic and just discuss it with them; ask for an ex-ray maybe. But they usually will give you a set of options first. o u o; It'd be best just to ask them for advice first than to actually go to a hospital and what not. Also, has it been hurting all those gym classes? It might be fatigue too, and may just hurt a little more than usual because of last years event of spraining it. o w o

Eloquent Exhibitionist

I would go see a doctor. confused It may not have healed right, and need some medical help.

Personally, I had a similar issue when I fell down the stairs, and while I protested that it hurt enough to go to the doctor, dad wouldn't let me (dad said "You are a woman: You are built to endure the pain of childbirth, so suck it up." cat_rolleyes ). About a week later, while I had to clean something up, I was bending with my knees, and the pain once again became unbearable, enough for me to INSIST I go to the doctor. Turns out I had torn a ligament, and the doctor told me "You should have come to see me when this happened....". I had to wear a brace for about 4 weeks, and I still have pain when the weather changes, but I avoided having major surgery on it.

Loyal Wife

15,625 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
Roxydorable
    I think you should go into a walk-in clinic and just discuss it with them; ask for an ex-ray maybe. But they usually will give you a set of options first. o u o; It'd be best just to ask them for advice first than to actually go to a hospital and what not. Also, has it been hurting all those gym classes? It might be fatigue too, and may just hurt a little more than usual because of last years event of spraining it. o w o

I could, then again I have to get a physical soon so I could ask about it then.. We'll see.
It's not fatigue I dont think, I run and do sports and such often..

Loyal Wife

15,625 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
Apple Blossom19
I would go see a doctor. confused It may not have healed right, and need some medical help.

Personally, I had a similar issue when I fell down the stairs, and while I protested that it hurt enough to go to the doctor, dad wouldn't let me (dad said "You are a woman: You are built to endure the pain of childbirth, so suck it up." cat_rolleyes ). About a week later, while I had to clean something up, I was bending with my knees, and the pain once again became unbearable, enough for me to INSIST I go to the doctor. Turns out I had torn a ligament, and the doctor told me "You should have come to see me when this happened....". I had to wear a brace for about 4 weeks, and I still have pain when the weather changes, but I avoided having major surgery on it.

Now that I'm 18 my parents are insisting I pay for myself. I don't have the kind of money to go see a doctor Dx
I'm getting a physical for school sports next week, I might be able to ask then but probably would cost extra money.. Luckily my parents agreed to pay for the physical..
I'm gonna start taking ibuprofen and see if that helps any.. It only hurts when I run very long distances. Things like softball which I play often doesn't bother me, it's only like 30 feet sprints from one base to another.
I'll see.

Shameless Visionary

19,000 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Cool Competitor 150
  • Never Give Up 35
See a doctor, if it's possible. When you get your physical, talk to the doctor about this problem and see if he or she is wiling to try to diagnose the injury or refer you to somebody who can. Talk to your parents and try to persuade them that this is important enough to pay for.

It isn't necessarily a fracture. It could be a torn tendon or ligament, and those can be troublesome.

Get a cold pack or put ice cubes in a plastic bag and ice your injury. This can significantly reduce pain and swelling. When the swelling goes down, go to alternating cold and heat. Use a microwavable hot pack or fill a plastic bottle with hot water from the tap, or get a heating pad. Heat will increase the circulation and that speeds healing.

Mega Cutie-Pie

its probably your shoooes

Loyal Wife

15,625 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
Great Lakes haze
See a doctor, if it's possible. When you get your physical, talk to the doctor about this problem and see if he or she is wiling to try to diagnose the injury or refer you to somebody who can. Talk to your parents and try to persuade them that this is important enough to pay for.

It isn't necessarily a fracture. It could be a torn tendon or ligament, and those can be troublesome.

Get a cold pack or put ice cubes in a plastic bag and ice your injury. This can significantly reduce pain and swelling. When the swelling goes down, go to alternating cold and heat. Use a microwavable hot pack or fill a plastic bottle with hot water from the tap, or get a heating pad. Heat will increase the circulation and that speeds healing.

I will ^^ They said they'd pay for it.

And it only happens at school, running long distances. When I don't stress it too much the pain isn't TOO bad, then when I sit down, it eventually stops.
But I'll try that. 3nodding

Giver

9,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
Rainbow Filled Nights
About a year ago,, I had sprained my ankle really bad, possibly cracked it. We didn't see a doctor or anything.
These past few weeks, during my gym classes weekly mile run, I've been having problems with it. About half way through it'll start hurting like I had sprained it again and I have to practically limp the rest of the way.
People are telling me it might have been fractured, but since I never got it checked, well, there's no way to know.
What.. What should I do for it?

I have the same problem. I sprained/tore ligaments in both ankles, different times, in high school and didn't get the appropriate medical attention either time so now I have bad ankles for life. I would suggest you see a doctor just in case and in the meantime avoid straining your ankle any further.

Shameless Visionary

19,000 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Cool Competitor 150
  • Never Give Up 35
Rainbow Filled Nights
Great Lakes haze

I will ^^ They said they'd pay for it.

And it only happens at school, running long distances. When I don't stress it too much the pain isn't TOO bad, then when I sit down, it eventually stops.
But I'll try that. 3nodding

Good luck! Hope it gets better!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas