Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anxious Gaian

I'm eating 1,500 calories a day and I'm not seeing results like I'd like to. I was eating 1,800 but lowered it further due to my goal weight. I have a job where I'm on my feet all day (though it is a part time job) I'm active but not super fitness active. I try and maintain portions and such and I eat junk at times within my calorie limits so I'm getting frustrated why I'm not seeing weight loss. Any advice?

Tipsy Sex Symbol

That depends, Counting calories is only useful if you also know how much you're burning

Anxious Bloodsucker

you should stop counting calories and start eating as much as you want or need as long as it's healthy, drop the junk food. you should see results but they're not gonna happen over night. also, try to exercise more often
- personal experience -
Calories mean very little in the end, healthy food is not determined by the amount of calories but by the ingredients.
You can eat 1500 calories of pizza every day aswell.

Interesting Hunter

It's never a waste of time. It gives you a good panorama of the rations you can eat.
But what are the results you expect?
Remember that not only the calories are important, but the way you eat them (what kind of foods, at what time, eating 5+ meals a day, etc)
To lose weight in a healthy manner you should lose around 1 to 2kg per 2 weeks. Try not weighting yourself every day since that doesn't really tell you much and can increase the frustration.
It know it works, because it did for me. You're sorta forced into eating better quality food if you want a good amount of food over the course of the day, it feels like a game to get as close to the goal as you can without going over, and your body will become used to smaller portions. I lost 15 lbs. in a month just counting calories. If it's not falling off as quickly as you'd like, I recommend strength training, too. Muscles burn calories at rest. Also, B vitamins. They are a good metabolism booster.
Absolute_Zero-460
I'm eating 1,500 calories a day and I'm not seeing results like I'd like to. I was eating 1,800 but lowered it further due to my goal weight. I have a job where I'm on my feet all day (though it is a part time job) I'm active but not super fitness active. I try and maintain portions and such and I eat junk at times within my calorie limits so I'm getting frustrated why I'm not seeing weight loss. Any advice?
try eating 1200.. you're obviously not burning enough calories. either eat less or move more

Fashionable Friend

I was having the same problem until I got an app called "My Fitness Pal" at the recommendation of a friend who used it to lose weight for her wedding. It keeps track of your food, calorie intake, calories burned, and exercise. What you do is put in your height, current weight, goal weight, how many pounds you want to lose per week, activity level, and it calculates how many calories you should eat, gives you nutritional goals, and minimal calorie burning goals per day. You can also sync a pedometer to it (I think most smartphones have a pedometer in them)and it will keep track of how many calories you have burned just from walking around all day. I have been using it for a week and I have lost 2 pounds already c:. It has helped me change the way I eat too, I pack my lunches now and eat more fruits and vegetables. You just have to be honest when you fill out your food and exercise dairy. And if there isn't a food that you have eaten in their database you can add it and your own food recipes. It works out well for me because I always have my phone on me anyway, it's free too.

Timid Flatterer

9,525 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Signature Look 250
Absolute_Zero-460

Instead of lowering calorie count, you can substitute it with healthy foods.
Miragen
Calories mean very little in the end, healthy food is not determined by the amount of calories but by the ingredients.

Uuuuuh suuuuure but calories mean everything in terms of raw weight loss/gain. If you want to lose weight, eat fewer calories and do the opposite for gaining weight.
Senator Armstrong
Miragen

Uuuuuh suuuuure but calories mean everything in terms of raw weight loss/gain. If you want to lose weight, eat fewer calories and do the opposite for gaining weight.

Calories are important, but just because you eat the right amount of calories doesn't mean you are eating healthy.
I think you're not seeing results because you need to lower your calories by at least another 300. And being active during the day isn't enough, you need to actually designate an hour each day to some form of extra exercise like cardio.

Attacking Fatcat

27,050 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
Cut out all junk food. Sodas, chips, fried foods, sugared juices, etc. I thought I was doing good watching my calories, but I wasn't losing weight (for at least 8 months). At one point I cut out all junk food, starting drinking only water, and basically eating only heatlhy and natural foods. I started losing weight right away. Just my experience, everyone is different.
Miragen
Senator Armstrong
Miragen

Calories are important, but just because you eat the right amount of calories doesn't mean you are eating healthy.

No but if your goal is weight loss then calories are it, basically.

Divine Zealot

Miragen
Senator Armstrong
Miragen

Sad to say, but healthy isn't exactly everyone's goal.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff