Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello there! I'm 13 and I weigh 160pounds I'm 5'2 and I'm a C cup. Am I overweight or healthy? What should I do to loose weight if so? I walk to 1.7 miles to School and back everyday and I eat normal portions. Should I just go on with my life and nor focus on loosing my weight? My older sister told me that I shouldn't worry about it until I'm older. She said I will eventually loose my weight but I'm not sure D;
Xandistra
Hello there! I'm 13 and I weigh 160pounds I'm 5'2 and I'm a C cup. Am I overweight or healthy? What should I do to loose weight if so? I walk to 1.7 miles to School and back everyday and I eat normal portions. Should I just go on with my life and nor focus on loosing my weight? My older sister told me that I shouldn't worry about it until I'm older. She said I will eventually loose my weight but I'm not sure D;

You're fine right now. You'll mature, and you'll lose what my family likes to call baby weight.
Don't let it be such an issue for you right now, and if you're worried about kids making fun of you, don't even give them a second thought.

You might try taking up hula-hooping or jump roping on the side though, because they're fun, and burn extra calories. Plus, you can do jump roping just about anywhere.
Ghaudly
Xandistra

You're fine right now. You'll mature, and you'll lose what my family likes to call baby weight.
Don't let it be such an issue for you right now, and if you're worried about kids making fun of you, don't even give them a second thought.

You might try taking up hula-hooping or jump roping on the side though, because they're fun, and burn extra calories. Plus, you can do jump roping just about anywhere.

Thank you wink I will jump-rope ^^!

Interesting Nerd

According to a BMI chart for teenage girls you are obese for your height and age.
In my opinion, it is easier to lose weight at a younger age, there are sports and activities that you can do for exercise after school and on the weekends.

Man-Hungry Healer

16,400 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
One issue I have found with BMI is the lack of flexibility. People are not all the same, so please take the chart as a suggestion, and don't force your body into some box just because the BMI says so.

I've been seeing more fitness folks shying away from the BMI chart for just that reason.

REAL health is based this way:
Are you able to do the 1.7 miles each way without feeling exhausted?
Have you considered jogging(if it is safe)?
Are you eating at least 20 fruits and veggies a week?
Do you eat too many sweets during the day(soda included)?

Keep a diary of your food intake for a week if you are seriously worried,then make changes accordingly.

These are small but logical steps towards enhancing your already healthy body.

*This is coming from someone who lost 40lbs so far and is going for 30lbs more*

Unbeatable Conversationalist

6,700 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Voter 100
  • First step to fame 200
Obese? no. Could do to lose some weight? yes. An average 13 year old should not be weighing 160.
Rizuzua
One issue I have found with BMI is the lack of flexibility. People are not all the same, so please take the chart as a suggestion, and don't force your body into some box just because the BMI says so.

I've been seeing more fitness folks shying away from the BMI chart for just that reason.

REAL health is based this way:
Are you able to do the 1.7 miles each way without feeling exhausted?
Have you considered jogging(if it is safe)?
Are you eating at least 20 fruits and veggies a week?
Do you eat too many sweets during the day(soda included)?

Keep a diary of your food intake for a week if you are seriously worried,then make changes accordingly.

These are small but logical steps towards enhancing your already healthy body.

*This is coming from someone who lost 40lbs so far and is going for 30lbs more*

I don't get exhausted at all.
I can jog it's just that my backpack is a bit heavy so I speed walk.
I enjoy eating fruits and veggies.
I never drink soda ever. it tastes bad. Milk, water, tea.
Hikarulawl
Obese? no. Could do to lose some weight? yes. An average 13 year old should not be weighing 160.

I see x .x.....

Adored Darling

14,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
It depends on your frame; are you small, medium, or large (meaning your skeletal frame)?
Wrap (DO NOT squeeze or force fingers together) your middle and thumb around the smallest part of your wrist.
Overlap of fingers: small
Just touching: medium
Do not touch: large

For medium or small, you are overweight. Cut down on sugars and junk food (soda, ice cream, chips, desserts), and use the elliptical (if you have access), or just jog/run 5-10 miles a day (after working up to it in small increments, of course).
Don't forget your yoga and cardio!

It is also true that you will lose some of that weight through puberty. Just because of that doesn't forbid you from being concerned about it, though.

Ask your doctor the next time you go for a visit. Until then, it couldn't possibly hurt to stay fit and just exercise (while in the gym or something, don't aim for losing weight; aim for staying healthy), right?
Although judging from your cup size, it may just be in your genes and/or you're hitting puberty, and the hormones are causing weight gain.
I'm a late bloomer (genetically), at 13, 5'3/8'', and still in my kiddy/trainer bras (albeit stylish).

Witty Smoker

You sound like you could lose a few,
but it's really just about being comfortable with yourself,
staying healthy
and being capable of doing normal activity without being exhausted.
Muscle does weigh more than fat,
and sometimes your chest size is genetically larger (which adds weight).
Keep all of these things in mind,
but,

Daily exercise like walking, jogging, and running if you want to
are all good things to do.
Adding a dance, yoga, or exercise class to your routine
can be a fun way to stay fit,
and,

Making healthy food choices is essential.
Eat fruits, veggies, and proteins in appropriate portions,
and don't eat sweets or high-fat foods (like fast-food).
If you feel like you do all of that,
try reducing your portion size.
You want to stay full, but you'll find that reducing portions over time
will train your body to be happy with smaller portions,
and doing just that can help you lose a little weight.

Just be comfortable with yourself, and stay healthy!

6,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Xandistra

your not obese but your fat, loose weight. im 16, im 125 pounds, and im 5'6. girls have more weight on guys because of your butt and boobs. you are a c cup so loose about 40 pounds and youll be good
The fact that she walks 1.7 miles to and from School every-day suggests she's built up large thighs/hips/legs, from all of the walking muscle she has on+bone density, also gained from walking.

I want to say she's probably physicly stronger than girls her age, but I could be wrong.
But if walking is the only real exercise you do, and you want to slim down, do a warm up for various body parts, to get a full body work-out. 10 pushups(Knee variant), 10 sqauts, 5 lunges per leg, and sitting with your back against a wall, with no support under your butt, so you really burn those quads. And, you can even walk around the house on your toes for a minute at a time, to engage calves, or walk to school while pulling your yummy inwards, while keeping your back straight! It helps improve your posture, and gives your tummy a nice firm look.

Again though, I can't stress enough, don't ever try to kill yourself to complete something- I always say stimulate, don't disintigrate! (As those muscle tearing monsters often tell young people!) As you slowly get used to your own weight, you can increase reps by 3 or 5 at a time, and with two to three day breaks inbetween, you'll almost always make progress.

Firestarter

17,200 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
overweight MAYBE but obese not yet.
Just keep working out and don't worry too much.
Puberty is a total b***h with your hormones, so i wouldn't yet put stock in your weight if you're trying to live a healthy lifestyle in the first place.
Much luck to you and, again, DON'T WORRY. : )

Firestarter

17,200 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
lllegal drug
Xandistra

your not obese but your fat, loose weight. im 16, im 125 pounds, and im 5'6. girls have more weight on guys because of your butt and boobs. you are a c cup so loose about 40 pounds and youll be good
you realize that she said she's 13, right?

The first thing to blame here is hormones. If you had paid attention to biology in high school, you'd have maybe learned that. Besides, didn't you say in another thread that you're 600 lbs?

Apocalyptic Streaker

17,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Streaker 200
Masquerade! Paper faces on parade. Masquerade!

Do not worry about it. If you are eating healthy, exercising regularly, and not abusing substances, you are fine. I am 5'2'' and am of wide build, so it is impossible for me to obtain the weight of the average adult at 5'2'' and built smaller without starving myself. Also, muscle weighs more than fat, so you may weigh one hundred and sixty pounds, but have a small portion of that being fat while everything else is based on that muscle, skeleton, organs, blood, tendons, etc.

Hide your face so the world will never find you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games