Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Citizen

i have a sweet tooth and it is interfering with my weight loss. I'm to the point where it's difficult to lose weight without changing my diet (118 at 5'3in). I run 5-7 miles 3-4 times per week so it's disappointing that my diet is interfering with any toning.

I need new ways to sedate my sweet tooth. What are snacks that satisfy your sweet tooth?

Champion

I usually go with fruits for a snack.
Are you sure you need to lose more weight? Maybe you should start lifting weights for the toned look.

Fruits are definitely awesome, and sugar-free candies might also do the trick in a pinch. 3nodding

It's very, very, very, very, VERY hard to out-exercise a bad diet. In most cases, food plays a bigger role than exercise does when it comes to losing weight. Maybe just start counting calories...

Fashionable Gaian

15,350 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Consumer 100
I know no alternatives to chocolate, unfortunately ; ;
So I eat it - then I push myself extra hard or skip some things during dinner.

For training to be effective you have to continue challenging yourself by variation.
Instead of running 5-7 miles 3-4 times per week maybe you should try to go for 10-15 miles 2-3 times a week.
Then maybe do a week with intervals only?
Another tip is to time yourself and try to run faster and faster every time/week.
That way you'll force your body to change/adapt and not get used to the exercise.

Just make sure to not start eating more chocolate just because your training is tougher.

5,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Member 100
Fruits, grapes in particular.

Wheezing Fatcat

I like cocoa roasted almonds. You get a little taste of chocolate, but the majority of it is almonds (protein!) It's definitely not the healthiest alternative, though, since they do have sugar.

I also like fruit. Pineapple is my favorite since it has a lot of natural sugar.
I know this sounds crazy but for me I eat 90% cocoa chocolate and my cravings go away after about 2 bites.

5,350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
I would go with fruit. You can try many different kinds like apple, strawberry, and such. Find what you like most and eat some but dont eat too much or that will alson be unhealthy.

Friendly Citizen

You could combine dark chocolate with strawberries, grapes, melons, kiwi, etc in the form of fondue. Mind you, I'd personally pick dark chocolate- the quality kind- no sugar, preserves, etc.

Fuzzy Bunny

Carob is one natural substitute for chocolate. I'm sure there are others, but that's all I could think of at this time, sorry.
- Fruit.

And if your craving can only be satisfied by chocolate...

- Chocolate tea.

- Homemade hot cocoa, with dutch cocoa powder and
stevia (or another sweetener).

- The darkest dark chocolate that you can find, for an occasional chocolate fix.

- Carob.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces