Welcome to Gaia! ::

Obsessive Admirer

12,500 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
Alright,so I've been going to a gym after school because I refuse to do P.E. at the school.

I've only done it for about 3 days and my body already is sore,especially my knees and my back. I've also been very exhausted lately and have been having trouble staying awake.

Will this all go away eventually?

I know it's a stupid question,but I'm not really sure.
Muscle soreness is normal and may eventually go away, or at least not be as severe.

However...

Soreness in the back and knees isn't really normal and means you should probably look at your form.

Hilarious Fatcat

4,350 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cart Raider 100
Absolute Virtue
Muscle soreness is normal and may eventually go away, or at least not be as severe.

However...

Soreness in the back and knees isn't really normal and means you should probably look at your form.
damn you, you're beating me to the good advice, bravo

3,900 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Also watch on not going over board so quickly, since with school at least for me I couldn't sleep through the classes while doing a intense sport.

Just my two cents others could think otherwise though.

Steadfast Guardian

17,250 Points
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
After working out you may get what's called delay onset muscle soreness which can last several hours to days after a hard work out. If you're not used to working out then you will probably get this soreness for a while until your body becomes accustomed to the workout.

Basically, your muscles are trying to prevent damages to itself due to exercising. There are several things you can do to keep from having soreness. First, try work at a slower pace and then gradually increasing the intensity every one or two weeks. Having a sports massage before or after your exercise may help reduce the length and or severity of the soreness. After working out, eating protein can help rebuild muscle tissue.

As for being tired, make sure not to work out too late at night. Your body is still very active after a workout, even if your feel tired. You won't be able to get a good night rest if you don't let your body slow down and relax.

For your sore knees and back, I agree with Absolute Virtue that you may want to get that looked at.

For my last tip of advice, do your research. Research on why your being sore and what you can do to prevent it or reduce the severity of it. Don't just take my word or anyone else here, look at all the facts and do what will maximize the efficiency of your work outs. 3nodding

Conservative Lover

5,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hygienic 200
Absolute Virtue

However...

Ditto-ing this advice.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces