Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hey everyone o u o=
I didn't even know that Gaia had this forum <3
I'm excited <3

So I'm starting to workout again.
It's going to be more complicated now.
I've been vegetarian for about a year, and I've never used protein powder, but I guess it's time to start, because my other sources of protein are scarce xD

OKAY.
I'm looking to tone my butt and abs.

I was thinking squats and sit ups, what do you guys use?
Also, what are some other cool fitness tips o u o=?
Is anyone else here a vegetarian?

Divine Zealot

ViaPie

I'm no vegetarian (I absolutely refuse to become one), but I'll see what I can do.

Make sure your powder is vegetarian approved. Also, be aware that vegetarians can also consume animal products, if that's your thing. Milk and eggs are pretty awesome.

As for the exercises, I like body-weight exercises pretty much exclusively. I'm also cheap, so I don't have my own weights, let alone a gym membership. Pull-ups, bridges, planks, pushups, lunges, squats and I know some people like abdominal vacuums. I don't necessarily do sit-ups, but whatever works for you, really.
Wraiem
ViaPie

I'm no vegetarian (I absolutely refuse to become one), but I'll see what I can do.

Make sure your powder is vegetarian approved. Also, be aware that vegetarians can also consume animal products, if that's your thing. Milk and eggs are pretty awesome.

As for the exercises, I like body-weight exercises pretty much exclusively. I'm also cheap, so I don't have my own weights, let alone a gym membership. Pull-ups, bridges, planks, pushups, lunges, squats and I know some people like abdominal vacuums. I don't necessarily do sit-ups, but whatever works for you, really.

Abdominal vacuums? Those sound interesting! smile
I got a free gym membership for the summer, but I'd like to do as much at home as possible, because it's really far away sad
Do pull-ups work abs?
Thank you so much for your help :3!

Divine Zealot

ViaPie
Wraiem
ViaPie

Abdominal vacuums? Those sound interesting! smile
I got a free gym membership for the summer, but I'd like to do as much at home as possible, because it's really far away sad
Do pull-ups work abs?
Thank you so much for your help :3!

You basically suck your gut in. More on ab vacuums.

Lucky. razz

Anything requiring the use of balance works the core, so yes. There's quite a bit to work with in that section. Just about everything works it out to some point, but you must also work out the back, chest, etc...If you don't remember, as it is, push-ups and pull-ups are on just about every physical fitness test.

Dangerous Hunter

I'm a straight guy and I want abs and butt.

Dangerous Lunatic

ViaPie
As far as I'm aware, there are not many protein powders that are vegetarian... most use whey.

There are 'high protein' vegetables and fruits such as avocados, beans, peaches, cauliflower, sweetcorn etc.
Also nuts, lentils etc, and of course.... substitutes like Quorn.

As for the toning etc... I use variations to the sit ups... like holding my legs up, bent at the knee so they are parallel to the floor or lifting a leg when you pull up... this works all the core muscles and the benefits can be seen faster. Of course... they hurt more smile

Raphaeel's Waifu

Hey there smile
I'd say planks are definetely great to build abs. Side planks work out those muffin tops. But if you're looking for some fun, hula hopping is a great ab workout too smile
I'm trying to do the same! For me, squats work like magic but only if I do a ton of them. I alternate between regular squats and "sumo" squats. I also really like leg lifts and flutter kicks for abs. I combine that with an oblique stationary machine they have at my gym. And of course sit ups and planks crying

This is what works for me, may not work for everyone. Hope this helps!

EDIT: There ARE protein powders that are vegetarian now! They are expensive though. They are completely plant based and contain no soy or dairy product. Awesome awesome awesome if you're a vegetarian. On top of that, they only contain about 2-3 ingredients. Winning!

Feral Gekko

8,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Wall Street 200
that exotic butt work out that you can find on pintrest.... I forget what it is called... I did one night of it.. and holy crap.... cheeks will be sore! forewarning you!

Profitable Tycoon

7,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
dead lifts
LittlePiggyPig

EDIT: There ARE protein powders that are vegetarian now! They are expensive though. They are completely plant based and contain no soy or dairy product. Awesome awesome awesome if you're a vegetarian. On top of that, they only contain about 2-3 ingredients. Winning!

o.O but Vegetarians CAN eat soy and dairy...
Vegans can't...
Deaths_Caress
ViaPie
As far as I'm aware, there are not many protein powders that are vegetarian... most use whey.

Isn't whey vegetarian though? >.>
ViaPie
LittlePiggyPig

o.O but Vegetarians CAN eat soy and dairy...
Vegans can't...

Yeah, I know. I'm just clarify something somebody said earlier.

Plant based is better for you, anyways.
I suggest you stop being a vegetarian.

Dangerous Lunatic

ViaPie
Deaths_Caress
ViaPie

Isn't whey vegetarian though? >.>
No. Whey comes from one of the stomachs of a cow. There is such a thing as vegetarian whey... however unless it specifies in the ingredients or says 'Suitable for vegetarians'... I wouldn't eat it (depending on how strict you are).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff