Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Friend

Hi there! So my friend Skylar did a 30 Day Squat Challenge a couple months ago and her butt looks fantastic! Hahaha I'm on Day 7 currently and let me tell ya', you wouldn't believe how sore the first couple of days were, but I wan't to actually follow through with some form of exercise for the first time in my life. I recommend if you'd like to tone your butt and your legs, do this challenge. Wish me luck!

Timid Sex Symbol

11,300 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Forum Regular 100
im glad that it does work! ive wanted to try the 30 day ab challenge. do you have a link to the squat challenge?

Friendly Friend

dancingprincess435
im glad that it does work! ive wanted to try the 30 day ab challenge. do you have a link to the squat challenge?

I don't! I tried adding the picture but it didn't work. confused

Friendly Explorer

6,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
Good luck! You can totally do it and it'll be awesome and you'll even feel more balanced when you walk/stand!

(Hahaha I tried it a while back and it did not much because I can already do that many squats without needing to take a full 30 days to complete. Sounds like I need something a little more intense as well as a nutrition switch-up)

Friendly Friend

cabbage3
Good luck! You can totally do it and it'll be awesome and you'll even feel more balanced when you walk/stand!

(Hahaha I tried it a while back and it did not much because I can already do that many squats without needing to take a full 30 days to complete. Sounds like I need something a little more intense as well as a nutrition switch-up)

Haha yeah you are probably much more fit than I am. I thought I was gonna pass out with how out of breath I am doing squats. When I talk to people and tell them I want to get fit, they just go, "You're already skinny!" and it just bugs me because I'm not trying to get skinny, I want my body to be more fit and better looking. I just want to do more with my ab area though to tone my tummy and not just trying to make my legs and butt look better. Haha sorry for my little story there.

Friendly Explorer

6,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Don't be sorry! biggrin

I'm all for fitness! Do it do it do it YOU CAN DO IT!

I understand the want to be fit regardless of "skinny". I don't just want to be "skinny". I want to be able to hop on a bike and go with my friends when they say "hey wanna spend the afternoon jumping in the reservoir that's 5 miles away at the base of the mountains?" HECK YEAH I DO! I don't want to be that lame-o huffing and puffing not used to hard work or mountain air or frigid mountain water in the reservoir!

p.s. I tried to post the picture too and it didn't work sad

Friendly Friend

cabbage3
Don't be sorry! biggrin

I'm all for fitness! Do it do it do it YOU CAN DO IT!

I understand the want to be fit regardless of "skinny". I don't just want to be "skinny". I want to be able to hop on a bike and go with my friends when they say "hey wanna spend the afternoon jumping in the reservoir that's 5 miles away at the base of the mountains?" HECK YEAH I DO! I don't want to be that lame-o huffing and puffing not used to hard work or mountain air or frigid mountain water in the reservoir!

p.s. I tried to post the picture too and it didn't work sad

Hahaha yeah! We have stairs at my school and if I walk and talk up them I get out of breath and that embarrasses me but I'm also pretty lazy. I think for my senior year (next year), I'm going to take aerobics and maybe weight training or team sports which could help with that.

Timid Sex Symbol

11,300 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Forum Regular 100
maddddiejo
dancingprincess435

I don't! I tried adding the picture but it didn't work. confused
ahh all good! ill just google it. ive heard from some people that there are different versions thats why i was curious

Friendly Explorer

6,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Yes it will help with that. I took weight training too when I was in high school and I certainly enjoyed it smile
It was also nice to get steady measurements of myself and my progress so now I know how much I changed from that age until now.

My high school had 4 stories and so it had that many flights of stairs. One of my teachers' classrooms was on the top floor. He started walking and walking and walking and eventually he could jog up and down the stairs for normal things (going to the water fountain, delivering some info to the principal's office on the first floor) without getting winded. He would pass students and they would be huffing and puffing and he's just be smiling and talking to people with a bounce in his step up those hellish stairs!

My point is at the very least, start walking. It's also good for the butt and it burns fat for calories instead of immediate sugar for calories like cardio will. (Now, if you do cardio for the same amount of time that you walk, you'll still burn more calories with cardio and also sugar and also tone your muscles which will look really nice.) But at the very least get some walking in if nothing else before your weight training classes even start and you'll definitely reap the benefits (and not feel like a lame-o craving cake whenever you walk to class).

Friendly Friend

cabbage3
Yes it will help with that. I took weight training too when I was in high school and I certainly enjoyed it smile
It was also nice to get steady measurements of myself and my progress so now I know how much I changed from that age until now.

My high school had 4 stories and so it had that many flights of stairs. One of my teachers' classrooms was on the top floor. He started walking and walking and walking and eventually he could jog up and down the stairs for normal things (going to the water fountain, delivering some info to the principal's office on the first floor) without getting winded. He would pass students and they would be huffing and puffing and he's just be smiling and talking to people with a bounce in his step up those hellish stairs!

My point is at the very least, start walking. It's also good for the butt and it burns fat for calories instead of immediate sugar for calories like cardio will. (Now, if you do cardio for the same amount of time that you walk, you'll still burn more calories with cardio and also sugar and also tone your muscles which will look really nice.) But at the very least get some walking in if nothing else before your weight training classes even start and you'll definitely reap the benefits (and not feel like a lame-o craving cake whenever you walk to class).

Hahaha thank you so much for your encouragement! I used to be on this site a couple years ago and just came back on and it feels nice to talk to someone interested in what I want. (I'm not saying my friends are bad or inconsiderate or anything, but we just don't have conversations like these, haha.)

Wheezing Fatcat

Hmm, wow, I'll definitely look into it. smile
So.. Just squats? eek and.. and..
I can have a nice butt? 4laugh
I thought there were a lot more exercises to do o:
Squats burn the most calories of any lifting exercise! work them big muscles.

Bonus: BOOTY cat_3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces