Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Hunter

Seriously, why not? He would've been great for comic relief. Just imagine him voiced by a Cockney Mark Hamil. If I remember correctly, wan't he even in the videogames? Rather odd.

Seeker

7,300 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Well, he doesn't contribute much to the plot and he'd be one extra ghost/spirit who needed special effects, so I guess the film people reasoned that he wasn't worth the effort?

Quotable Hunter

The Chosen Captain
Well, he doesn't contribute much to the plot and he'd be one extra ghost/spirit who needed special effects, so I guess the film people reasoned that he wasn't worth the effort?

I suppose you're right. But I still kinda feel that he would be to Harry Potter as the Cabbage Merchant was to Avatar. A fun character with an odd cameo or two to remind you that he still existed.

Wench

He was in older GBA and PC games actually emotion_yatta
Possibly because he wasn't a main character.
His character had no plot development.
He was just kinda ...there. So yeah,
Probably because he wasn't too needed.
AND could have actually annoyed viewers?

Ruthless Sex Symbol

12,825 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
I miss his presence and I think he would have been a good addition in several movies, but for the sake of those who did not read the books his character could have been confusing. crying

Married Werewolf

The Chosen Captain

That was basically going to be my answer
Peeves isn't in the movies for the same reason Hermione's side plot in the fifth book about house elves isn't in the movies; it is not important to the main plot and the books are long enough without adding additional characters.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

8,650 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Woah! :O That's a fair point! ..and I don't know why!?!
I was a little sad about that. At times he was hilarious. It probably all comes down to money. like they said, he wasn't a Main character with an actual plot and with everything else that they put into the movie, it wasn't a necessarity.

Clean Sweetheart

8,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
The producers said it would cost too much to include peeves in the movie,also the could not find a perfect character to play the part,Witch its sad cause i would have loved to see him in all the films.

Fuzzy Kitten

13,250 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Millionaire 200
I don't like peeves sometimes....

Backwoods Loverboy

I remember him in a video game for PC that I played before reading the books....

I hated him in that game. XDDDDD
CJTURK
Seriously, why not? He would've been great for comic relief. Just imagine him voiced by a Cockney Mark Hamil. If I remember correctly, wan't he even in the videogames? Rather odd.

That's a really good question lol. I guess I never even noticed. He would've been a fun little addition to the mood of the school.

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
i missed peeves in the movies ;n;
i guess like people said, he would take a lot of extra effects and extra lines and they had to cut stuff already... they left out Charlie weasley too..i hate when they just blatantly leave out characters completely..

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff