Welcome to Gaia! ::

Popular Tipper

9,850 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Partygoer 500
i no longer go to pottermore website any more either
I didn't get into the first beta testing for Pottermore. I was soooo bummed. So, I waited for almost a year. Got in. Unfortunately, I had no reason to be bummed all that time. Pottermore is for five-year-olds. What a shame. They had (and still do!) so much potential.

Bashful Entrepreneur

5,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Entrepreneur 150
Pottermore just plain bores me. I thought I'd get amazingness and excitement like they promised. Instead I get this bland boring crap. How the hell I ended up in Ravenclaw when that sorting was so boring in itself and made no sense as to what would take you where.....it's just all a bunch of crap and they know it. I've seen fansites that do a TON better and don't even follow the storyline.

Ruthless Sex Symbol

12,825 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
I recall how excited I was and while I do like the exclusive content and back story about why the author used the name 'Petunia' , I find it to be rather empty otherwise. I wish there was more to it and despite the fact that Rowlings claims its sortinghat is the best on the web - I still feel it is lacking. Site has all kinds of buggy issues.

I love the art, the sounds and the puzzles but really I feel its just a big marketing tool.

Dangerous Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Gaian 50
I don't go on that often, but I am actually really happy with pottermore. But that may be because the sole selling point for me was the new information. so everything else was just icing on the cake. I really like the illustrations a lot and the sounds give me a very similar feeling to what I got from JKR's website. Makes me very nostalgic.
I will admit that I wish potion making was a bit more reliable, but I didn't expect them to keep it up very well so I am not that disappointed.

Omnipresent Genius

15,075 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conversationalist 100
I'm confused about you; you know how much work has been put into that website. How millions upon millions of users use it. How Harry Potter is an incredibly, hugely, enormously popular phenomenon. So of course the website is going to have some problems. And it's a pretty new website, anyway. Do you know how long the beta testing took? A long time! And all the kinks still aren't ironed out. But that's totally to be expected. Hence, my confusion.

Bashful Entrepreneur

5,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Entrepreneur 150
Pumpkinfrost
I'm confused about you; you know how much work has been put into that website. How millions upon millions of users use it. How Harry Potter is an incredibly, hugely, enormously popular phenomenon. So of course the website is going to have some problems. And it's a pretty new website, anyway. Do you know how long the beta testing took? A long time! And all the kinks still aren't ironed out. But that's totally to be expected. Hence, my confusion.

Yes it's a huge sight. But there are some things where it....just don't work like it should in my opinion. My friend has a wand of I think it's called Laurel which can't do anything dishonest but he's in Slytherin. I know the guy is definitely not a great person, which would make his wand worthless for him half the time emotion_facepalm

Bashful Entrepreneur

5,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Entrepreneur 150
You can't say numbers on Pottermore...HA
I was one of the beta testers and I got so bored I quit using the website before it was even out to the rest of the people.

I loved the art and reading Mcgonagall's story but that was about it. Potion making was cool in the first day.

There's nothing making me stick to the website so I just left.

Conservative Genius

CoderSpider
My friend has a wand of I think it's called Laurel which can't do anything dishonest but he's in Slytherin. I know the guy is definitely not a great person, which would make his wand worthless for him half the time emotion_facepalm

"It is said that a laurel wand cannot perform a dishonourable act, although in the quest for glory (a not uncommon goal for those best suited to these wands), laurel wands have been known to perform powerful and sometimes lethal magic."

Just sayin'.

My main problem with Pottermore is that it's just so... boring (also, freaking potions). I loved the wand/sorting parts, but I'd love more interactivity and - this is the big thing - I want more information. I want every tiny bit of information out there, so I go back to the website as soon as something new is released in the hopes that there's more info, but it's been seriously lacking. Oh JKR, why couldn't you have just done the encyclopaedia?

(I'm still hoping for more on Zacharias Smith once book five gets released. Forever hoping...)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff