Welcome to Gaia! ::

Versatile Puppy

4,400 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
All my effing comments get put under moderation, I get kicked off when new people log on, and all the mini games lag. AND WHERE THE ******** ARE THE NEXT CHAPTERS FOR CoS?!?!
We all know what happens, we read the books, we saw the movies, for Christ's sake, if we haven't seen or read about it, we've been told about it. And ******** hell, if you can't handle this much server traffic, how the hell are you supposed to deal with the rest of the obviously long a** queue of people waiting to get into Pottermore?

I had a point when I first started writing this, but it eluded me in favor of a rant.
Anybody else fed up with Pottermore? Vent.

Dedicated Lunatic

17,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Over Easy 100
Chicken Of Destiny
All my effing comments get put under moderation, I get kicked off when new people log on, and all the mini games lag. AND WHERE THE ******** ARE THE NEXT CHAPTERS FOR CoS?!?!
We all know what happens, we read the books, we saw the movies, for Christ's sake, if we haven't seen or read about it, we've been told about it. And ******** hell, if you can't handle this much server traffic, how the hell are you supposed to deal with the rest of the obviously long a** queue of people waiting to get into Pottermore?

I had a point when I first started writing this, but it eluded me in favor of a rant.

Yup, me. I'm REALLY fed up with Pottermore. At first it sounds like a really good website, and a brilliant place for potterheads like me. But once I actually got the account, I found out it's not that good.

I mean, I can perfectly see why they want to have these safety precautions, but the extent which they have it is just plain unnecessary. You can't send messages to your friends, you can't reply to comments, you can't interact with anybody on Pottermore apart from friend them and send them gifts. Which is really boring, especially as the damn website doesn't give you any alternatives for the lack of interaction.

There's hardly any games, and the only minigames that they have there (there's only 2) aren't very good quality, and I've seen loads of better games.

The story books are okay, but they update SO SLOW. And they break promises too, like they promised all the CoS would be up first for the slytherins since they won the house cup, the chapters didn't come until two weeks later, and they were for EVERYBODY. And even then, only the first 4 chapters came.

I have a feeling that J.K Rowling and whoever's behind the website is purposely stretching it out because they know that there are a lot of Potterheads out there, and they know that the publicity they get from the books will insure they get a high number of visitors for their website, and they don't actually need to make it any better to attract viewers.

Versatile Puppy

4,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
XxRainflowerxX
Chicken Of Destiny

Yup, me. I'm REALLY fed up with Pottermore. At first it sounds like a really good website, and a brilliant place for potterheads like me. But once I actually got the account, I found out it's not that good.

I mean, I can perfectly see why they want to have these safety precautions, but the extent which they have it is just plain unnecessary. You can't send messages to your friends, you can't reply to comments, you can't interact with anybody on Pottermore apart from friend them and send them gifts. Which is really boring, especially as the damn website doesn't give you any alternatives for the lack of interaction.

There's hardly any games, and the only minigames that they have there (there's only 2) aren't very good quality, and I've seen loads of better games.

The story books are okay, but they update SO SLOW. And they break promises too, like they promised all the CoS would be up first for the slytherins since they won the house cup, the chapters didn't come until two weeks later, and they were for EVERYBODY. And even then, only the first 4 chapters came.

I have a feeling that J.K Rowling and whoever's behind the website is purposely stretching it out because they know that there are a lot of Potterheads out there, and they know that the publicity they get from the books will insure they get a high number of visitors for their website, and they don't actually need to make it any better to attract viewers.

I don't think it's J.K. that is doing it, we have to remember that Sony is the company she's running this through. They aren't very reliable on their own part, let alone for someone else's project.

Versatile Puppy

4,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
Premys
I think all comments get moderated, I'm starting to think that's a good thing since that's the only way I can think of to get a message through to someone responsible for the site.

WHY does the feedback not include some kind of dialogue box where we can leave a written message??? The rating options doesn't include the feedack I want to give evil

As for why it takes so long time to get chapters out: I don't think it has ANYTHING to do with whether the users have read respectively seen the books and films. Making interactive interface takes time so unless you just want a bunch of blog posts with behind the scenes material.... (by all means, I wouldn't mind that myself).

I think I might be okay with the wait for new chapters if we could private message, and had a couple more mini games added to the fray, but the way they have the review thing set up makes it near impossible to get anything across to them properly.
YOU KNOW WHAT THEY NEED TO DO
THEY NEED TO MAKE 11 YEAR OLDS STOP ROLE PLAYING BECAUSE IT MAKES ME WANT TO CRY
Quote:
-shows fangs to lo- did you forget i'm a vampire? and part dragon? -smoke puffs out of her nose- ~evil twin

NO
User Image

Greedy Capitalist

Chicken Of Destiny

Pottermore is like a centipede with no legs.

Tons of potential, no progress.

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
i couldn't even make it to the sorting..pottermore is seriously boring >.>;;; ..maybe after i finish the annoying chapters it will interest me? ..or is that all there is to it?
Premys
Ashspoon
YOU KNOW WHAT THEY NEED TO DO
THEY NEED TO MAKE 11 YEAR OLDS STOP ROLE PLAYING BECAUSE IT MAKES ME WANT TO CRY
Quote:
-shows fangs to lo- did you forget i'm a vampire? and part dragon? -smoke puffs out of her nose- ~evil twin

NO
User Image

The sad part is, alleged adults who write fanfiction can be just as bad. I say "alleged" because their profiles claim them to be 20-something and have families, but the writing quality implies otherwise.

I have to say, it would be great if we could add fanfics to Pottermore the same way we can add drawings. I have no talent for drawing and it somehow seems more appropriate for me to show appreciation for a written work by writing something (especially since the end results would probably be more flattering).

I doubt they'd ever give an option for fanfics considering Jo has asked people not to write fanfiction of her books.

I played the first book on Pottermore, but I was so put off by not being able to choose my own username. I get that kids will be on the website, but I also know it's possible to screen for certain words and like it says "username already taken", they can say "username not appropriate" or something to that effect. I mean, they HAVE to know not all their users are children, right?

Dapper Lunatic

10,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
I got fed up with it as soon as I got sorted, Pottermore is tediously boring.
Oh my God I know. I was so excited for Pottermore last year but when it came out I was so disappointed. In my opinion, they should just have all the chapters out at once so people can explore them because we already know what happened so it's not like it's a shock. It's really boring too, the mini games aren't fun & you lose interest so easily. Hopefully it gets better in the future.

Diamond Bear

i remember being so excited for pottermore that i stayed up so i could get a beta account
and now i really don't care for it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces