• Autobiographer 200

A black swan? whee

8,000 Points
    • Brandisher 100
    • Mark Twain 100
    • Money Never Sleeps 200
    Lotus Crouch
    Liplopman
    Yeesh, an interesting idea but not easy to carry out when you know next to nothing about them. Besides, does it really have to do with their personality? I thought it had more to do with where their heart is. Snape is nothing like a doe. Tonks is not like a werewolf. And Hermione's patronus would then most likely be something smarter than an otter, don't you think? Maybe an elephant, dolphin or an octopus.

... regardless. I think yours would be... an eagle.

((Actually, I would say that the animals their patronus takes the form of does go with the characters based on what that creature represents.
    Varies cultures see otters as the representation of: "[medicine woman], playfulness, and a trickster...
    Also, a strong protector who helps people to find their inner treasures and hidden talents, gain wisdom, and to be able to recover from any crisis. ...trong sense of family, which serves a lesson." - Based of Pagan and Native American belief.

Of course, as an individual if you do not find these qualities to represent Hermione than I guess this theory does not apply.

As for Snape:
    When it comes to the theory that 'it is where their heart is' this could happen for certain characters because their love for a certain someone has become their whole life and existence. Or for Snape's case, haunts him. We see this all the time in real life when people change and become similar to their mate or love interest. Now, Snape may have not completely 'changed' how he 'acts' on the outside but it was more a guise I feel. We all know how he felt about Lily.
    Anywho. Doe: "Love, grace, peace, beauty, fertility, humility, swiftness, regrowth, creativity, spirituality, abundance, benevolence, watchfulness." - Native American interpretation.
    I find all of these to somehow relate to Snape or his over all 'love interest'.

-What you said intrigued me to look further into the idea of how one's patronus takes form so I thank you for bringing up an intriguing thought. <3

(As it has been said, being we don't know the people in this thread it may be hard to label their patronus but here is using my imagination.)
    Person above me: Phoenix))

Wow. I am impressed with how far you took that, and delighted to know this about otters and does. xd I was going to argue with you about Snape, but once I wrote my points I started disagreeing with myself. Ha ha... I was going to say I thought he was, for lack of a better term, ultimately self-serving and doing it purely for Lily's memory, but thinking back on it I decided if that were the case he would have made his own party instead of confiding in Dumbledore and, in the end, Harry. The fact that he continued to work for Dumbledore after the fact (and what he could have considered Dumbledore's failure and fault) I feel shows he must understand (and therefore embrace) what "universal love" (which is the best term I can come up with to describe Harry's power. [sarcasm] I have a gift for naming, you can probably tell. [/sarcasm]) is. Though I do feel that he does genuinely resent Harry as a person, with some reason. *got siriusly off subject* I think you and me should start an investigation into this whole patronus business. We could write a book about it.

Cannibal Kittie's patronus is... an axolotyl. (Okay okay, I admit I just wanted to bring it up, but who wouldn't want it for a patronus?)
    a lion ... rawr

---I think I'm obvious, so, come up with something different : D

Lunatic

13,300 Points
    • Demonic Associate 100
    • Survivor 150
    • Grunny Grabber 50

6,450 Points
    • Brandisher 100
    • Team Jacob 100
    • Dressed Up 200

8,000 Points
    • Brandisher 100
    • Mark Twain 100
    • Money Never Sleeps 200
    Liplopman
    Lotus Crouch
    Liplopman
    Yeesh, an interesting idea but not easy to carry out when you know next to nothing about them. Besides, does it really have to do with their personality? I thought it had more to do with where their heart is. Snape is nothing like a doe. Tonks is not like a werewolf. And Hermione's patronus would then most likely be something smarter than an otter, don't you think? Maybe an elephant, dolphin or an octopus.

... regardless. I think yours would be... an eagle.

((Actually, I would say that the animals their patronus takes the form of does go with the characters based on what that creature represents.
    Varies cultures see otters as the representation of: "[medicine woman], playfulness, and a trickster...
    Also, a strong protector who helps people to find their inner treasures and hidden talents, gain wisdom, and to be able to recover from any crisis. ...trong sense of family, which serves a lesson." - Based of Pagan and Native American belief.

Of course, as an individual if you do not find these qualities to represent Hermione than I guess this theory does not apply.

As for Snape:
    When it comes to the theory that 'it is where their heart is' this could happen for certain characters because their love for a certain someone has become their whole life and existence. Or for Snape's case, haunts him. We see this all the time in real life when people change and become similar to their mate or love interest. Now, Snape may have not completely 'changed' how he 'acts' on the outside but it was more a guise I feel. We all know how he felt about Lily.
    Anywho. Doe: "Love, grace, peace, beauty, fertility, humility, swiftness, regrowth, creativity, spirituality, abundance, benevolence, watchfulness." - Native American interpretation.
    I find all of these to somehow relate to Snape or his over all 'love interest'.

-What you said intrigued me to look further into the idea of how one's patronus takes form so I thank you for bringing up an intriguing thought. <3

(As it has been said, being we don't know the people in this thread it may be hard to label their patronus but here is using my imagination.)
    Person above me: Phoenix))

Wow. I am impressed with how far you took that, and delighted to know this about otters and does. xd I was going to argue with you about Snape, but once I wrote my points I started disagreeing with myself. Ha ha... I was going to say I thought he was, for lack of a better term, ultimately self-serving and doing it purely for Lily's memory, but thinking back on it I decided if that were the case he would have made his own party instead of confiding in Dumbledore and, in the end, Harry. The fact that he continued to work for Dumbledore after the fact (and what he could have considered Dumbledore's failure and fault) I feel shows he must understand (and therefore embrace) what "universal love" (which is the best term I can come up with to describe Harry's power. [sarcasm] I have a gift for naming, you can probably tell. [/sarcasm]) is. Though I do feel that he does genuinely resent Harry as a person, with some reason. *got siriusly off subject* I think you and me should start an investigation into this whole patronus business. We could write a book about it.

Cannibal Kittie's patronus is... an axolotyl. (Okay okay, I admit I just wanted to bring it up, but who wouldn't want it for a patronus?)

I LOVE AXOLOTYLS! X3

<3

*At wolfjmk2: a mongoose.

Sparkly Seeker

8,650 Points
    • Profitable 100
    • Tycoon 200
    • Money Never Sleeps 200
    A big cat of some sort a snow leapod something

Lunatic

13,300 Points
    • Demonic Associate 100