Welcome to Gaia! ::

What would your reaction be to a Harry Potter anime?

SQUEEEEEEE- *dies* 0.3256351039261 32.6% [ 141 ]
I would watch it all the time. 0.37875288683603 37.9% [ 164 ]
I wouldn't care. 0.062355658198614 6.2% [ 27 ]
An anime of Harry Potter isn't a good idea. Harry Potter is better as a book. 0.21939953810624 21.9% [ 95 ]
F*ck Harry Potter. 0.013856812933025 1.4% [ 6 ]
Total Votes:[ 433 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Nikokami
over9000skittles
I'm wondering what would happen (as in what they would do with the characters and plot in the anime) if some studio decided to make an anime of Harry Potter. I know that it's very unlikely that Harry Potter would be made into anime, since they would've already made it if they were going to, so nobody needs to tell me that it would be unlikely. Personally, I would watch the anime unless it were drawn in the style of Sailor Moon (or any anime/manga series whose characters have eyes the size of dinner plates), or Pokémon.

Actually, I would think it's quite likely that there would be a Harry Potter anime. 10 or so years down the line though. It's pretty impossible to have an anime or a cartoon of Harry Potter so soon after the movies and books have finished but I imagine it's quite possible to have one for a 10th or 20th anniversary of Harry Potter.

Famous books and comics tend to be made into anime or have an OVA made for those special occasions though I'd be a bit glary about how good the storyline would end up being. I imagine they'd have to change a few things so as to add new aspects to it in an attempt to prevent it from being boring (studios don't know what they're on!)...

If we're lucky, all that will change is the fact that everyone's probably wearing a Japanese uniform and speaking funny sounded Japanese (because, hey, they're trying to imitate the British in Japanese, can you imagine Draco speaking posh, twatty Japanese?). If we're unlucky then Snape might end up as a greasy child molester like character (read Orochimaru-like), Dumbledore would be funky, Molly and Arthur would be hip and doting parents, Remus would have this purposely grungy ripped jeans look (in an attempt to appear poor), all the goblins and house elves would look PRETTY, Voldemort will probably be voice acted by a girl, Hermione would attempt to be a bushy haired bookworm but we all know anime characters don't work out like that, Harry's hair would look sex mussed sexy messy instead of just messy and his glasses will probably be those tiny round ones, somebody's hair or eye colour will DEFINITELY be messed up and all the characters will look hot.

I look forward to the doujinshi's of it already. biggrin

Read my response earlier and you'd already catch that it has to be done really really well!

We don't want anything akin to the Pokemon Anime-verse where nothing flows coherently at all, that's for sure.

What else is a must?

7,100 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I don't think I would watch the anime tbh. The movies were great and have a standard and I don't think an anime can match up to it.

If there was, they would probably add extras to the anime which would upset most of the HP fans because it wouldn't be accurate against the book.

Sweet Consumer

13,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Trader 100
I don't think it'd be a good idea, though I'd give it a try just to see how they would go about it...

Interesting Gekko

I would explode into skittles.
Ugh, NO.
Completely unnecessary. It's fine the way it is, it doesn't need to jump the anime bandwagon.

Greedy Capitalist

I get the feeling they would add a bunch of side stories and it'd turn into some teenage drama s**t like Degrassi or iCarly..

Dapper Mage

7,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Brandisher 100
Now I have the sudden vision of Vic Mignogna playing Lockhart

Fatcat

5,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
This idea can go both ways.
good; if they did the characters really well, and portrayed them just the way J.K Rowling shows/writes them to be.
The dialogue would be great and such, but I'm wondering if this would just be like the movies?
Does it follow the books, or would the anime be a continuum of the book's last installment TDH?
bad; it could be so terrible, the characters aren't portrayed well.
The issue is, does the majority of the Harry Potter fandom would want this turned into an anime, and would actually watch it?
My opinion is that I would like to see it turned into one, but I can't bet on it being as successful as the movies did;
because not a lot of popular fiction books get turned into anime, usually mangas get turned into anime.
Which gave me an idea of some sort...what if the series got turned into a manga aswell?
Mhmm...these are things to think about.
I really want to know how the fandom would react to these if it ever got made into an anime or a manga.

Very curious.
nelo2
I would totally watch it.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

If it was as awesome as this picture I'd totally watch it.

Fashionable Genius

I would watch it but I think it would be better as a manga series like they did with Twilight.

Friendly Giver

18,675 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
I would totally watch it over and over again

Feral Wolf

12,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Member 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
It is an interesting idea, and I would watch it, but how would it work? Would the books be the seasons? Would the chapters be episodes, and if so, would things be added to it to make it a half hour long or more? Would the characters be what we see them in the book, or forced into stereotypes?

Clean Genius

2,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
It would depend on the plot and the drawing style. I would like to read it in graphic novel form.

Shy Dragon

24,065 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
holy crap that is a AWESOME pic!!!!! where did you get that?!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff