Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ruthless Hunter

8,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Loiterer 100
I didn't like any of them.
I wasn't really into the Ginny/Harry one, since Harry never had an interest in her for years and suddenly he wants to be with her. I also think it may have been done so the trio would all be related in the end.

Dapper Dabbler

5,000 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I think J.K Rowling thought it through perfectly but personally I think Harry is out of Ginny's league. The "Chosen One" deserves quality and not just looks.

Greedy Capitalist

A lot of the teenage relationships suck. . .

Wheezing Humorist

8,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
I loooooved Ron and Hermione. They balance each other out, and the fact that they fight just makes it funnier.

I didn't care for Harry/Ginny though. I mean, I love Ginny as a character. She's tough and a tomboy and a badass and I like that. I just don't think her relationship with Harry does much for the story. Plus, everyone knows that once you've known another guy for twenty-four hours, his little sister is off limits forever.

But maybe it's just because I'm a huge Draco/Ginny shipper.
I ship very few of the canon pairings.

I ship Harmony, Nuna, Snilly, Dumblefilch, and Trelagrid.

Versatile Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
They're all superrrr cute smile
not hating on any pairings here, just my opinion.

i think harry and hermione were perfect for each other. hermione always believed in harry and always there for each other. there's so many more things but i can't think right now, but yeah.

Greedy Capitalist

They all mostly suck in my opinion. .
Even though it happened over time, I think it kind of rushed. There wasn't a lot of development. I wished Ginny could have hung around The Golden Trio more often.

Liberal Explorer

6,750 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
Mr Eddyy
What did you think of Ron+Hermione and Harry+Ginny, and any other relationships e.g. Lupin and Tonks?

I mean, I did not see it coming at all. I always thought Ginny was like a younger sister to Harry. And Ron and Hermione...their personalities are always clashing and they're always fighting. I was really surprised in the 6th book when these developments emerged.

It still seems kind of weird and awkward to me when I read it, but I'm not complaining, well, what do you think about it? Anybody else think it seemed a bit weird? Are you happy with the relationships or not? If not, who did you expect them to pair up with?

I don't like most of the cannon ships. The only ones I really liked were Ted/Andromeda, Lucius/Narcissa, Luna/Rolf, Neville/Hannah, Draco/Asteria.

Dedicated Lunatic

9,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Over Easy 100
Mr Eddyy
What did you think of Ron+Hermione and Harry+Ginny, and any other relationships e.g. Lupin and Tonks?

I mean, I did not see it coming at all. I always thought Ginny was like a younger sister to Harry. And Ron and Hermione...their personalities are always clashing and they're always fighting. I was really surprised in the 6th book when these developments emerged.

It still seems kind of weird and awkward to me when I read it, but I'm not complaining, well, what do you think about it? Anybody else think it seemed a bit weird? Are you happy with the relationships or not? If not, who did you expect them to pair up with?

Hm, I actually saw the Ginny/Harry one coming because they were just so perfect for each other and they had that spark. I mean, when Ginny had that cutesy fangirl crush on Harry, it was kind of cute, and it sort of opened up their relationship (at that time) for something more. And Ginny throughout the series, is more then just a sidekick pretty girl that the hero eventually pairs up with, she's got a personality that matches Harry, and in the fifth book when they met around the school in secret, they got along really well!

And lol, I didn't expect Ron and Hermione's relationship though, that surprised me a little and J.K Rowling wrote it pretty well, even though I personally dispise the couple, I still think she did a good job with them.
Ron and Hermione was the obvious one I knew it was coming, still I hoped for Harry and Hermione instead although I knew it was in vain. Not that I don't like Ron and Hermione together I haven't a problem with this ship I just preferred the alternative.

Honestly though I really wanted Harry x Luna for end game, of course I knew after they introduced the Ginny x Harry drama it wouldn't end up that way. But Luna has so much more character to her than Ginny does, and she's just really nice to everyone. But oh well I can live with the canon pairings but I don't love them, other than Remus x Tonk and Bill x Fleur.

Manly Pitcher

14,600 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
I was happy about ron x hermoine
and harry x ginny ... to me, those two pairings had always been evident from the start... though i have to admit, in the middle i thought ginny was going to be with neville..but i quickly abandoned that thought and became a psycho luna x neville shipper and i was sad it didn't happen officially..

lupin and tonks came out of no where..i still don't even feel like we know much about tonks.. i didnt mind their pairing though..it wasn't really developed though..

it would have been cute to see hagrid keep up communications with that french giant lady..
Harry and Ginny.. waste of space in the books...really awkward and painful to read

Tonks and Lupin... it came out of nowhere but ok..

and the worst.. Angelica and George. She was Fred's date and then after his death he marries George and their son's name is Fred? this is ******** up..so wrong in so many ways

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games