Welcome to Gaia! ::

Who would you, whether in real life or imagined (Harry Potter or other works of fiction) would you use an unforgivable curse on and which one.

Is there anyone whom you would like to use the cruitious curse on, avada kadavra or imperius on?

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
I get freaked out even saying them out loud for pretend ..

I'd totally never use them..

though I'm surprised more wizards in the book don't..unless they're really hard to do accurately or something

Celestial Spirit

Hm. I can't imagine wanting to use the first two on anyone. Imperius would be very tempting, though. Such as to make these idiots on the road pick a lane and stay in it.

Dapper Lunatic

10,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
I wouldn't mind using Imperius on stupid customers at my work to put back CDs/DVDs where they found them & stop them from dumping them on my trolley.
I SO VERY----- I
I get freaked out even saying them out loud for pretend ..

I'd totally never use them..

though I'm surprised more wizards in the book don't..unless they're really hard to do accurately or something
I think they are, and most don't know about them until fourth year, and mostly only deatheaters know how to use them properly. They mostly used them. The only spell Harry could do was the disarming spell, and the one to ward off dementers. He tried cruico on Bellatrix but he did not succeed because he did not really mean it.
Definetely Imperius.. especially when i read in the 7th book when harry was using it and it described how it felt, i really liked it.. It would be so useful.
i already have a talent on manipulating others, but it would have been so much easier with imperius xD

Newbie Explorer

I'd use the Imperius Curse at work. Make all the little kids stop putting their dirty hands on the glass cases and make the adults put more money in my tip jar...
Bitchez I'd imperius ********' EVERYBODY talk2hand

Dangerous Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Gaian 50
I would never use any of them. The idea of it is just vile. I don't know why so many of the people who posted here seem to view the imperius curse as so much less morally reprehensible.
i would probably use it on people that would freak me out but i would feel wrong as f*** then xD

Celestial Spirit

Wanted- Sirius Black
I would never use any of them. The idea of it is just vile. I don't know why so many of the people who posted here seem to view the imperius curse as so much less morally reprehensible.

Consider it this way: If a man walked into a business where you were with a machine-gun and started taking people out, and you had the ability to use imperius to stop him, would you refuse?

We don't seem to be debating whether or not it should be an unforgivable curse - clearly the potential for abuse is too great.

Dangerous Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Gaian 50
Sianserais
Wanted- Sirius Black

Consider it this way: If a man walked into a business where you were with a machine-gun and started taking people out, and you had the ability to use imperius to stop him, would you refuse?

We don't seem to be debating whether or not it should be an unforgivable curse - clearly the potential for abuse is too great.
I could also as easily use avada kedavra or the cruciatus curse to incapacitate him. But on the other hamd I could also stun or disarm. The point is that they are all curses that so strongly violate human rights that there can be no excuse to use to use them. My point was that a lot of the posters here seem willing to use the imperius curse because it doesn't cause any physical pain or harm, but it is still a horrible thing to do. I can't even imagine how horrified I would be if I had the imperius curse done on me even if it wasn't used to really harm me or anyone else. Just the though of being stripped of free will like that makes my skin crawl.

Celestial Spirit

Wanted- Sirius Black
Sianserais
Wanted- Sirius Black

I could also as easily use avada kedavra or the cruciatus curse to incapacitate him. But on the other hamd I could also stun or disarm. The point is that they are all curses that so strongly violate human rights that there can be no excuse to use to use them. My point was that a lot of the posters here seem willing to use the imperius curse because it doesn't cause any physical pain or harm, but it is still a horrible thing to do. I can't even imagine how horrified I would be if I had the imperius curse done on me even if it wasn't used to really harm me or anyone else. Just the though of being stripped of free will like that makes my skin crawl.

Edit: Scratch my earlier comment. I just realized that we may be operating under a false premise. The apparent preference for Imperius in this thread may have little to do with it being viewed as less of a violation and everything to do with the difference in results. In other words, we're just not interested in killing or torturing people.
As per my previous comment, I'm not arguing with you about it's being just as cruel - I completely agree on that. I was just attempting to understand the situation, as you were.

3,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
I'd never use all of them really.... but the Imperius curse can be really tempting. But I still wouldn't use it though because I bet that once I've started using it, I'd probably never be able to stop because I'd be drunk with the fact that I have the power to force people do things.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff