Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Lunatic

9,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
Lynx Saint Keiya
I haven't been sorted yet but I'm hoping to be in booksmart Ravenclaw. I'm still trying to figure out what pet i want! Too many kitties...

I picked the ginger kitty!!! It had the sweetest face. Some of the other cats creeped me out tehehe. 4laugh

Dapper Prophet

5,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Conversationalist 100
I wanted to be sorted into Slytherin or Ravenclaw.
I didn't research the questions before hand because I wanted it to be a legit sorting.
I answered what I thought was the best answer, not what would get me into the house I desired.

For example, I picked 'left toward the sea' because the sea is more appealing to me than a forest or a castle.

Another example was which goblet of mystery liquid would you drink.
The purple one was the most appealing to me so I picked it.

I ended up in Slytherin and I'm extremely happy about it.

I feel bad for the people who identified with one house but ended up in the polar opposite.
I don't think they should make another account and try again.
They should make the most of it, if they were honest and got Slytherin instead of Gryffindor then they belong in Slytherin.

Sparkly Lunatic

9,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
ShiShaGoes
I didn't research the questions before hand because I wanted it to be a legit sorting.
I answered what I thought was the best answer, not what would get me into the house I desired.

For example, I picked 'left toward the sea' because the sea is more appealing to me than a forest or a castle.

I feel bad for the people who identified with one house but ended up in the polar opposite.
They should make the most of it, if they were honest and got Slytherin instead of Gryffindor then they belong in Slytherin.

Yeah I have seen some people super heart broken to the point of a identity crisis. I do feel sad for them though, because a lot of people have a heart house...it lies in their heart. I think though since it's just a quiz and not JK Rowling herself or the fictional sorting hat they should question themselves whether that house would really be beneficial or helpful with their personal qualities. Such as Neville begging for Hufflepuff but getting Gryffindor because he had something to learn from it. Though you raise a good idea. To accept it, because with the adversity to their heart they might just learn something awesome. All the houses have wonderful qualities.
You're welcome emotion_c8

I thought you wouldn't understand me, but you did. emotion_c8 emotion_c8 emotion_c8

Deadly Persona interprets the questions a certain way, but that's just one interpretation.
For example, when choosing between moon and stars, I wonder if it's asking whether I like the way the moon looks more or the stars. Do I like things that are closer up (moon) or farther away (stars)? (There are so many ways to interpret that preference) Or maybe it's asking me whether I'd rather shoot for the moon or the stars ? My answer implying I am either focused/ambitious (moon, as there is only one) or scattered (the stars). But then while shooting for the moon requires more focus, it's also closer, so it would be an easier goal. Then that would mean choosing the moon could also imply laziness.

Fuzzy Fairy

I took the quiz the first time and I admit I was not entirely honest and mostly trying to avoid Hufflepuff at all costs, and I wound up in Slytherin. That gave me a shock! I mean in hindsight I could see how my answers could be interpreted that way, but I was interpreting them in a completely different way. Plus if you asked anyone who knew me they'd say Ravenclaw because everyone seems to think I'm really smart even though I'm not. In any case, as I saw green splash across the page I think I physically jumped a little.

Well I because I hated the username I got anyway I decided to delete my account and start over, and this time try to give honest answers, and I got put in Gryffindor and really I think nothing would have made me happier.

I'm kind of a complex person I guess so I never had a favorite house that I'd stick to. I think it's always been Gryffindor really but I didn't want it to seem like it was because you know Harry's in that hous and he's the main character so it must be the best and also I'm not really that brave or I don't see myself that way.

I remember the second time round I got a question asking something like if I was travelling with friends and suddenly a troll stopped us and said we couldn't go further unless one of us fought him and the answers were something like 'try to confuse the troll and get past without fighting', 'play rock paper scissors or draw straws or something to decide who fights' or 'volunteer to fight'

I sat there thinking and tried to squeeze my brain into that situation and figured, I'd kind of want to trick the troll, but probably couldn't think of something. Then I sat trying to think of ways to trick the troll, well my mind was blank, and frankly still is, though I'm sure to lots of other people there'd be an obvious way. Well for me there was no other option then to volunteer to fight. I mean, idk I think nobody else out of my friends would want to do it, heck I wouldn't want to, but sometimes you just have to do what you have to do, and I wouldn't really want to push it off on someone else.

Anyway that's the end of me rambling on.

Sparkly Lunatic

9,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
I just took the quiz again and I got Ravenclaw.. : ( I'm really not that intelligent. lol

Dapper Prophet

5,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Rindesayu Ayame
ShiShaGoes

Yeah I have seen some people super heart broken to the point of a identity crisis. I do feel sad for them though, because a lot of people have a heart house...it lies in their heart. I think though since it's just a quiz and not JK Rowling herself or the fictional sorting hat they should question themselves whether that house would really be beneficial or helpful with their personal qualities. Such as Neville begging for Hufflepuff but getting Gryffindor because he had something to learn from it. Though you raise a good idea. To accept it, because with the adversity to their heart they might just learn something awesome. All the houses have wonderful qualities.

I was under the impression that Rowling helped make this quiz.
That's why people are taking their Pottermore results to heart.
Because JK Rowling helped make it.

Sparkly Lunatic

9,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
Sessile Traveler
You're welcome emotion_c8

I thought you wouldn't understand me, but you did. emotion_c8 emotion_c8 emotion_c8

Deadly Persona interprets the questions a certain way, but that's just one interpretation.
For example, when choosing between moon and stars, I wonder if it's asking whether I like the way the moon looks more or the stars. Do I like things that are closer up (moon) or farther away (stars)? (There are so many ways to interpret that preference) Or maybe it's asking me whether I'd rather shoot for the moon or the stars ? My answer implying I am either focused/ambitious (moon, as there is only one) or scattered (the stars). But then while shooting for the moon requires more focus, it's also closer, so it would be an easier goal. Then that would mean choosing the moon could also imply laziness.

I think that the moon is pretty and reminds me of werewolves and many tales that regard the phases of the moon XD I always picked the moon when I got this one. I see many ways to look at it though. I like what you came up with there are so many interesting theories about each of these things. By your definition I'm lazy : ) But I can be that way so it's funny. I'll just make up a reasoning for the explanation of the cards lol the moon is centered and has well known things about it in the hp world while the stars are scattered and loosely used for divination in hp world. Then you could say a the stars is someone who likes to think outside the box, but the person who picks the moons likes to work with concrete things at hand. I just made that up out of no where and each reasoning for picking the other seems to be so different it's hard to tell what they really wanna know xD I like how were all just coming up with different stuff. I mean I'm not sure what it means for the quiz, but it's fun haha.

Sparkly Lunatic

9,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
ShiShaGoes
Rindesayu Ayame
ShiShaGoes

I was under the impression that Rowling helped make this quiz.
That's why people are taking their Pottermore results to heart.
Because JK Rowling helped make it.

I'm aware : ) I know what you're saying. I meant though the quiz is separate in a sense. It's her creation, but what if she herself were to analyze your personally/self there might be a different answer than one from a 7 question quiz.
Rindesayu Ayame

I think that the moon is pretty and reminds me of werewolves and many tales that regard the phases of the moon XD I always picked the moon when I got this one. I see many ways to look at it though. I like what you came up with there are so many interesting theories about each of these things. By your definition I'm lazy : ) But I can be that way so it's funny. I'll just make up a reasoning for the explanation of the cards lol the moon is centered and has well known things about it in the hp world while the stars are scattered and loosely used for divination in hp world. Then you could say a the stars is someone who likes to think outside the box, but the person who picks the moons likes to work with concrete things at hand. I just made that up out of no where and each reasoning for picking the other seems to be so different it's hard to tell what they really wanna know xD I like how were all just coming up with different stuff. I mean I'm not sure what it means for the quiz, but it's fun haha.

Uh huh, and that just shows how the quiz probably doesn't gauge a person too accurately due to the many different ways of interpreting the answers.
It's almost like trying to analyze a person through their dreams. Scientific community calls it hocus pocus.

Gracious Receiver

i wanted to be in ravenclaw but nooo
i was sorted into slytherin burning_eyes

which isn't so bad, i just wanted to prove everyone wrong cause all my friends predicted i would get slythariiiin emotion_eyebrow

also whats the point of trying to cheat your way into a house? the whole fun is seeing which house your most compatible with based on your preferences/choices

Gambino Gaian

The quiz was at least far less biased than any fan-made quiz I've seen, at least that's something.

Personally I've always thought sorting (both in universe and outside) to be sheer and utter bogus. Most people have traits from all houses and in Hogwarts they are sorted before they even hit puberty. My guess is that the hat weighs in the students wishes (mostly to please their parents as kids that age still want to make mommy and daddy happy) but throw in some consideration for how balanced the houses are and if there are any traits that already stick out prominently in the person to be sorted.

In the end though, it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. You get into Ravenclaw and start studying like mad because that's that's what Ravenclaws do. You go into Gryffindor and every time you get into an argument with other houses they'll mock any sign of possible cowardice because you are supposed to be brave. It's all conditioned behaviour brought on by expectations and group mentality within your house.

Sparkly Lunatic

9,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
` sex
i wanted to be in ravenclaw but nooo
i was sorted into slytherin burning_eyes

which isn't so bad, i just wanted to prove everyone wrong cause all my friends predicted i would get slythariiiin emotion_eyebrow

also whats the point of trying to cheat your way into a house? the whole fun is seeing which house your most compatible with based on your preferences/choices

I agree. I've seen people try and notoriously cheat. Though I leave them to it, it really is their choice and thats what the hat can be about. It's just that they'll never get a more 'thorough result' without the honesty. They're losing out. haha : )

Although there really wasn't cheating done on my part. The interesting thing is that there are other questions that sort of alternate so some people get different quizzes. It's weird that you could be honest and not try and cheat for a house yet develop different results.I've heard people trying it again just to see if they get the same house and from what I've gathered they often do get the same result. Though for my case it's a little bit different and I'm trying to figure out why while being open to new ideas.

Slytherin is a pretty cool house and was my first result. I can definitely see some Slytherin qualities in myself, but others too. I hope your friends didn't give you too much of a hard time : ) I keep getting Ravenclaw the most it's 4 times so far, and 1 for all the other houses.... but my friends don't think that I should be in Ravenclaw.. I have some low self esteem so it's hard not to worry over what others say. sad I'm not even trying to get Ravenclaw I kind wanted Gryffindor but I didn't let myself put wrong answers for it.

Romantic Werewolf

I took the test twice, the first time I was a Gryffindor but I was't answering the questions just picking the cards I thought were pretty sweatdrop When I went back back and took it seriously I was put into Ravenclaw I thought this was pretty funny but I've stuck with it so far.

Hot Genius

All the complaining about the houses made real curious and couldn't wait to be sorted.

I went in with the attitude that all houses are pretty damn cool.

Slytherin House has Draco, Snape, Slughorn, and Tonk's mother, Andromeda and known to be ambitious and cunning.

Gryffindor home of the trio and several other characters: Ginny, the twins, Dumbledore and McGonagall, Lupin and Sirius. They value courage and bravery

Hufflepuffs are badass they don't give a s**t. No really. They had Cedric who was the Hogwarts champion and would have been the only champ if The Doctor...er Barty jr didn't tamper with the goblet. and Tonks is a puff. They are known to be friendly and loyal.

Ravenclaws are pretty damn cool. They have Cho and Luna Lovegood who happens to be one of my favorite characters. They value knowledge and wisdom.

I was sorted into Ravenclaw...wich is the house I'm always sorted into, but I would have been happy with any house.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games