Het... 0.17633410672854 17.6% [ 76 ]
A combination, a mix. 0.38283062645012 38.3% [ 165 ]
Total Votes:[ 431 ]
1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 >

8,600 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Taken from the V.E.N.O.M Archives at Fiction Alley Park. In the wake of the books' end, I am looking for new friends- people who do not like/dislike/hate/are perplexed by the R/Hr ship. Or just people that don't think it would work.

This is the Can't Stand R/Hr Thread. All persons who post here must agree upon the basic thread premise or be prepared to debate. Post-and-run comments such as "I love R/Hr" will be regarded as spam and reported.

Welcome to the official spot for those of you who, like me, detest the log term coupling of Ro Wealsye and Hermione Granger. Welcome one and all.

It doesn't matter if you ship Draco/Harry, Hermione/Harry, or Ginny/Ron!
It doesn't matter if you hate Ron, Harry, Hermione, or all three!
It doesn't matter if you don't give a toss about the pairing!

All that matters is that you have nothing nice to say about the pairing Ron/Hermione

8,600 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Twenty-Five NEW Reasons NOT to Ship R/Hr That Have Nothing to do With Being a Thwarted Shipper
(By Slytherin Ali of Fiction Alley Park

1. "Arguing like an old married couple" before you're even together isn't healthy. Old married couples usually had a honeymoon period before settling in to a routine of arguing.

2. We were beaten round the head with the fact that they were going to get together, but never given any reasons why they were suited. Couples who aren't suited do get together, but they don't generally last.

3. Hermione wants to help Ron improve his grades, but Ron doesn't want to know - that's the way she is, and he can't stand it.

4. "You've got the emotional range of a teaspoon" isn't a term of endearment. Neither is "insufferable know-it-all".

5. There's a difference between bickering and arguing. People who have that many "I'm not speaking to you" arguments are obviously not compatible.

6. Belittling a girl's ideas because you're 'in love with her' isn't cute.

7. Ron had to have it pointed out to him that Hermione was a girl, which means that all the "R/Hr moments" in PS-PoA can't have been even remotely romantic.

8. Because he doesn't want to disappoint her - but he shows this by lying to her, not by actually trying to do something to make her proud.

9. Because opposites do attract, but relationships don't last without common ground. Ron and Hermione have common experiences, and they're held together by their friendship with Harry, but there are just too many things they don't see eye to eye about.

10. Hermione knows that Ron doesn't like her nagging him, but she does it anyway.

11. Because the Weasleys' attitude to Muggles is that they're funny but rather stupid (see Ron's Martin the Mad Muggle books and Arthur's rather patronising attitude to Muggle technology) - and by rights this ought to annoy Hermione and alienate her parents.

12. Ron being good at chess does not make him anywhere near as intelligent as Hermione. A clever girl needs a clever guy - or at least a guy who appreciates her intelligence rather than seeing it as a disadvantage or something to 'tease' her about.

13. Ron would rather be on the Quidditch field, and Hermione would much rather be in the library.

14. Because Hermione's not a prize, and you can't build a relationship by ticking off requirements on some form of mental list. Why should he have to deserve her, or vice versa?

15. Mutual affectionate exasperation is (arguably) a good enough basis for a friendship, but not for a romantic relationship.

16. Because "next time, ask me first" came from indignation and wounded pride (come on, how insulting is "Neville's right, you are a girl"?), not from any thwarted romantic aspirations.

17. Because remembering and repeating a small piece of information about a magical law is not the same as having any sort of understanding of Hermione or the way her mind works.

18. Hermione obviously doesn't have enough confidence in Ron's ability to get on the Quidditch team under his own steam, or she wouldn't have cheated on his behalf at the tryouts.

19. An intelligent girl like Hermione wouldn't be amused by Ron's puerile humour. In fact, canon shows that she seldom laughs at anything he says.

20. Ron kissing another girl to punish Hermione for something she'd done two years earlier when he barely realized she was female was petty and ridiculous. Her behavior was no better, and in both cases it's not a promising basis for how their relationship is going to go.

21. Because "love means never having to say you're sorry" - except, wait, no it doesn't. Neither does it excuse any and all shabby treatment of the "loved one".

22. Because crying over a man's absence doesn't change the fact that you don't get on when he's present.

23. Ron was still afraid that Hermione preferred Harry, even after the Canaries of Doom and all the rest of the acting up in HBP. Even if being oblivious is cute (which I dispute) this is really pushing the point much too far.

24. There's no reason why Hermione had to be with either of her male best friends. R/Hr undermines the idea that boys and girls can be friends without a sexual component just as much as H/Hr would.

25. Because for all the words they say to each other, they seldom communicate in any meaningful way. True communication involves actually listening to and trying to understand what the other person is saying.

---Additional reasons----

- Ron's emotions and personal insecurities are completely dismissed by Hermione, who doesn't ever take them into consideration. How is Ron supposed to grow as a person if he doesn't have someone that will acknowledge the validity of his feelings?

8,600 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Topics For Discussion
A common accusation of H/Hr is that it puts the two characters on pedestals above the rest of the characters. Is there a elitist dynamic along the lines of what the anti-H/Hr crowd describes in R/Hr?
Have you ever been able to stomach R/Hr in any form?
When did you first realize your dislike for this ship?
Do you think Ron ever shown any real, genuine respect for Hermione?
What is your least favorite ship (Harry Potter or otherwise)? Compare it to R/Hr.
Worst thought/opinion Hermione's ever had of Ron?
Worst thought/opinion Ron's ever had of Hermione?
How long can Ron and Hermione go without an argument?

Feel free to add to any of the above lists. Make friends, interact, and enjoy yourselves!

-Your Friendly Thread Mod who is looking for people who do not like/dislike/hate/are perplexed by the R/Hr ship. Or just people that don't think it would work.

BAWWWW List (for the people who disregard the rules)
Britotheanne- Page 2, spamming
Well damn, I guess it really doesn't make sense, I just kind of blindly accepted it when I read the last book, but now, I'm seriously starting to question this pairing. I guess a lot of people think that since they argue like a married couple they should be one, but I mean, how many times has Ron put Hermione in tears and not cared until Harry said something about it? *personally doesn't ship het at all usually and enjoys George/Fred or Remus/Sirius* If I had to ship het, though, it would be Harry/Hermione because Harry generally realizes when he's upset Hermione and tries to correct it.

8,600 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I see a lot of blind acceptance with this pairing. And nobody has been able to give me a good reason as to why they're together.
I hate the Ron/Hermione pairing.
I personally like Draco/Hermione or Draco/Harry.
4laugh

User Image

x.Rosencrantz.x's Other Half

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
*Luffs the Thread* Great work, Harps.

Hmm, personally why I originally cannot accept Ron and Hermione is that they act like siblings rather then people who meant to be a couple. Granted this is all from Harry's Point of view (Most of it. I mean would it have killed JKR to write lil scenes involving the characters when Harry's not there like she had with Snape or something else? Huh? Give us more of a reason to actually get -why- R/hr but nooo...).

So that says something doesn't it? Not to mention, an 'old married couple' have fewer hang ups then younger couples- no offense <<; -. Because they've been there and done that. They actually had to do something that Hermione and Ron never seem to be able to do on their own- They talk and work crap out on their -own- after a while.

Ron and Hermione never seem to do this. Their common link-Harry- seems to provide the only platform for which they had to work in their 'making up-I'msorrys' deal.

Well, guess what? Harry can't always be there. But we're never shown any time that they did it on their own.

Why reward Ron with the girl when he -left- them? Why couldn't 'River' and whoever else on the Radio say "Oh yeah don't say He who must not be named name. It's got a spell on it. Remember don't-". That's what most broadcasters do. They repeat themselves -constantly- so the listener would remember.

I know.. Ron's the deus Machina in this, which makes it greatly unfair to him as a character. It showed that he -didn't- grow up. Seriously, I didn't see him grow up one bit in the whole thing that I've read.

*Admittedly haven't finished reading because she was disgusted with the lack of information, lack of character growth, one of the deaths...*

I seriously think she should've taken a longer time with the Seventh book. Which brings up my intense dislike of Harry/Ginny. Why soup up a character (Ginny) with the whole seventh child of a seventh child, only girl, oh so 'gutsy~' but don't really -SHOW- what she's done worthwhile other then being saved by every one?

Which is why I like Hermione more. At least we're being -shown- what she can do. Her abilities and everything. Which is why I hated that she was dumbed down for Ron in the last few books. I get that Teenage hormones makes a person a little(lot) crazy but damn. Seriously, that's a little too much even for hormones.

I mean gods, I was in her shoes once, and yeah, I hit the crap out of my friend(For entirely DIFFERENT reason. Sorry, but Jailbait is the word coined there..it was high school after all..) that I actually liked a bit more then friends, but he -like Ron- was a tad oblivious impulsive and all that. I'm a bit like Hermione-total bookworm and the like.

but we're not together. We're not even dating (One year and it was 'no. The end'. and at the time we were both 19. So there you have it.) but we ARE friends. Even if he's...still 'eh'.

The Point is: Ron and Hermione wouldn't really mesh well as a 'forever' couple because from the evidence we're given, they don't spend enough time together unless Harry or some other character is there. And even then, they don't seem to ever agree unless it's about Harry and Harry's safety.

So! I pretend that the ending to the Seventh book never happened. There is no Hugo and Rose~. That James the second, ASP and Lily-Ginny-Clone never exist. (Sometimes I'm the same with Teddy. Sorry another failure for Rowlings in the relationship isle.)

I'm also convinced, that is Arthur had a REAL choice. He probably wouldn't have been with Molly. Or at least would've been with different people before her in between the time they left Hogwarts and the time they got married. (Would like to think that Bill was an 'accident' baby and they -had- to get married...)

And so ends my rant. For now. Remember folks >3 These are my opinions and thought process. I cannot be converted ;3
Oh my God, thank you. I cannot stand Ron and Hermione together. It completely ruins the whole "Golden Trio" dynamic. Two people who can't seem to stand each other suddenly become enamored with each other? Ron does not treat Hermione with respect and wants a clone of his mother. Definitely an Oedipus complex. Hermione is super intelligent and a bit of a b***h. They really do not suit. I think J.K. just stuck them together because it tied up ends in a neat little package.
I prefer Snape/Hermione myself.

8,600 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
So true, so true!

Ron hasn't grown up, but the thing is... he won't as long as he has a domineering person i his life! First his mother, then Hermione... it's sickening. How is he supposed to breathe, to come into his own if they're always stifling him? That's why when he left, he did alright- he needed to rely on his own wits for once, and he did it by himself.

Nobody was there to boss him around or tell him his ideas were shyte. Nobody was there to impress, which always makes people freeze up.

People baby Ron too much, and that's really unfair to his character. Unfair to Hermione, too, that she has to be there, be his mother as well. I'll bet he could've done well on that driving test if she had displayed some confidence in him. Man... part of the reason Ron and Hermione fight has got to be Ron defending himself.

x.Rosencrantz.x's Other Half

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
It is, Harps. Mostly because he doesn't seem to see the need to actually -grow up- either. In all the situations he's been tossed into there was really a LOT of potential growth and reflection, but it is dumbdown and he never has this revelation at all.
He's completely snared as a Mama's boy in a sense. Why? Because Mama rules the family. Hermione, if he played his cards right, is the -same way- if you let her be. She'd rule the family and it would be a complete clone family of the original Weasleys. Because we all know, Harry would SO not let Ginny 'rule' his family. Just look at the kids. James Albus Lily. The fact that Lily's middle name is 'Luna' makes me think more of 'Harry had something to do with this' rather then Ginny.

Versus how you know Hermione had something to do with naming their kids. Hugo and Rose. (Wonder if Rose was suppose to match 'Lily' as they're flowers. o.o! Potential Femslash~)

Anyway: I just think Ron should've gone through something or have been put somewhere where he would've excelled rather then have others do tricks to help him excel at something.

Sexual Slurs's Husband

Dapper Detective

14,575 Points
  • Team Devin 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Married 100
It's as if you read my mind, when you created this, Harp.

Anyway.
This pairing to me, failed from the first book.
Not once has Ron ever showed that he cared for Hermione.
And Hermione may have tried to become friends, but her anger against him, stopped anything from happening.

So, when I finished the seventh book, after I stopped the water works(hey, Fred and Snape didn't have to die), I gawked.
I mean, seriously, Ron and Hermione would probably kill one another, before they decided to get married.

In my opinion(and my friends), Hermione would've been better off with Viktor.
I mean, he at least cared for her.
And vice versa.

Ron though...
I don't think he would've had much luck with a girl.
If anything, he'd be better off with a husband instead of a wife.
But than again, that's just my opinion.
And my opinion usually likes to stay to the slash~ie, slash~ie sides of things.

8,600 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
It warms my heart to see so much Ire from everyone about this pairing. And as I look around, I see so many well written thoughts. I suspected for a long time that Anti-R/HR was the thinking person's choice of "I do not like".

And AC... I agree with the husband thing. Oops... is my Ron/Draco bias showing? sweatdrop

Sexual Slurs's Husband

Dapper Detective

14,575 Points
  • Team Devin 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Married 100
It's good to know that I'm not the only one who thinks Ron and Draco are much better, than Ron and Hermione.
*Gags at the thought.*

8,600 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Well... Ron and Draco are very sexy bastards, are they not?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff