What's your core?

Unicorn 0.39751552795031 39.8% [ 64 ]
Dragon 0.27950310559006 28.0% [ 45 ]
Phoenix 0.28571428571429 28.6% [ 46 ]
Other 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
I don't know... 0.037267080745342 3.7% [ 6 ]
Total Votes:[ 161 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

My wand is maple, 13 1/4 inches, slightly springy, and has a poenix feather core. I love it.

Noob

Pine with unicorn core, twelve and a quarter inches, brittle. :]
11 inches, Ash, Unicorn hair core, unyielding. (The same core ad wood of Charlie Weasley's wand. And only an inch shorter! Wow.)
11 inches, so it's not too short. I guess that's due to my personality, because I'm only 5' 1"!
So, wands of ash tend to be really loyal to their owners, especially so with a unicorn hair core. Owners of wands with this wood are courageous and stubborn. I can certainly agree with the stubborn bit, but I'm not quite sure about courageous. Unicorn hair core means the magic will be consistent, if not as powerful as the other cores. Fair enough. The fact that it's unyielding furthers the fact that it is loyal to one master.
Good luck taking my wand, Snatchers.

Original Fatcat

9,950 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Length: 10 3/4 in stare
Wood: Redwood
Core: Phoenix Feather
Flexibility: Unyielding
Length: 12 1/4 inches

Wood: Ebony
Quote:
This jet-black wand wood has an impressive appearance and reputation, being highly suited to all manner of combative magic, and to Transfiguration. Ebony is happiest in the hand of those with the courage to be themselves. Frequently non-conformist, highly individual or comfortable with the status of outsider, ebony wand owners have been found both among the ranks of the Order of the Phoenix and among the Death Eaters.

In the experience of Garrick Ollivander, the ebony wand’s perfect match is one who will hold fast to his or her beliefs, no matter what the external pressure, and will not be swayed lightly from their purpose.

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Ebony

Core: Unicorn
Quote:
Unicorn hair generally produces the most consistent magic, and is least subject to fluctuations and blockages. Wands with unicorn cores are generally the most difficult to turn to the Dark Arts. They are the most faithful of all wands, and usually remain strongly attached to their first owner, irrespective of whether he or she was an accomplished witch or wizard.

Minor disadvantages of unicorn hair are that they do not make the most powerful wands (although a wand wood like Cherry may compensate) and that they are prone to melancholy if seriously mishandled, meaning that the hair may ‘die’ and need replacing.

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Unicorn

Flexibility: Slightly Springy

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas