Total Votes:[ 161 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Here's my wand.

Length:12 1/2 in
Wood:Larch
Core: Dragon
Flexibility: Surprisingly Swishy

Invisible Phantom

Laurel and Phoenix Feather. Ten inches even, Slightly Springy.

Olivander's notes say that Laurel wands have been called fickle,
and may act independantly of their owners; thus they are sometimes disliked.
They will strike any witch or wizard who tries to steal them.
They are often unable to tolorate laziness in a possessor.
Well, that's good, as I'm perfectly fine with a "fickle" wand,
and don't consider myself to be exceptionally lazy.

Phoenix Feather is the rarest core type.
Again, shows initiative and may act on it's own accord,
which again, some potential owners dislike.
These wands are often picky and hard-won.
That's lovely! I'm quite glad it wasn't too picky to choose me ^^

10 inches is a little on the short side, but overall an average length.
I feel this is more to best accomodate my height than anything else.

Slightly Springy apparently refers to my tendancy to change my will.
Yet again, it seems to fit. I'll certainly listen to other people,
but that doesn't guarentee I'll change my mind.

Overall, I'm very happy with this ((and my sorting results. Proud Hufflepuff~ <3 ))

Friendly Werewolf

Length: 10 inches

Wood: Cypress
Quote:
Cypress is associated with valour. The great medieval wandmaker, Geraint Ollivander, wrote that he was always honoured to match a cypress wand, for he knew he was meeting a witch or wizard who would die a heroic death.
Fortunately, in these less blood-thirsty times, the possessors of cypress wands are rarely called upon to lay down their lives, though doubtless many of them would do so if required. Wands of cypress find their soul mates among the brave, the bold and the self-sacrificing: those who are unafraid to confront the shadows in their own and others’ natures.

Core: Pheonix Feather
Quote:
This is one of the rarest core types. Phoenix feathers are capable of the greatest range of magic, though they may take longer than either unicorn or dragon cores to reveal this. They show the most initiative, sometimes acting of their own accord, a quality that many witches and wizards dislike.
Phoenix feather wands are always the pickiest when it comes to potential owners, for the creature from which they are taken is one of the most independent and detached in the world. These wands are the hardest to tame and to personalise, and their allegiance is usually hard won.

Flexibility: Slightly Springy
Quote:
Wand flexibility or rigidity denotes the degree of adaptability and willingness to change possessed by the wand-and-owner pair - although, again, this factor ought not to be considered separately from the wand wood, core and length, nor of the owner’s life experience and style of magic, all of which will combine to make the wand in question unique.

Timid Genius

9,200 Points
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Length: 10 3/4 inches
Quote:
Many wandmakers simply match the wand length to the size of the witch or wizard who will use it, but this is a crude measure, and fails to take into account many other, important considerations. In my experience, longer wands might suit taller wizards, but they tend to be drawn to bigger personalities, and those of a more spacious and dramatic style of magic. Neater wands favour more elegant and refined spell-casting. However, no single aspect of wand composition should be considered in isolation of all the others, and the type of wood, the core and the flexibility may either counterbalance or enhance the attributes of the wand’s length.

Most wands will be in the range of between nine and fourteen inches. While I have sold extremely short wands (eight inches and under) and very long wands (over fifteen inches), these are exceptionally rare. In the latter case, a physical peculiarity demanded the excessive wand length. However, abnormally short wands usually select those in whose character something is lacking, rather than because they are physically undersized (many small witches and wizards are chosen by longer wands).

Wood: Ebony
Quote:
This jet-black wand wood has an impressive appearance and reputation, being highly suited to all manner of combative magic, and to Transfiguration. Ebony is happiest in the hand of those with the courage to be themselves. Frequently non-conformist, highly individual or comfortable with the status of outsider, ebony wand owners have been found both among the ranks of the Order of the Phoenix and among the Death Eaters. In my experience the ebony wand’s perfect match is one who will hold fast to his or her beliefs, no matter what the external pressure, and will not be swayed lightly from their purpose.

Core: Unicorn
Quote:
Unicorn hair generally produces the most consistent magic, and is least subject to fluctuations and blockages. Wands with unicorn cores are generally the most difficult to turn to the Dark Arts. They are the most faithful of all wands, and usually remain strongly attached to their first owner, irrespective of whether he or she was an accomplished witch or wizard.

Minor disadvantages of unicorn hair are that they do not make the most powerful wands (although the wand wood may compensate) and that they are prone to melancholy if seriously mishandled, meaning that the hair may 'die' and need replacing.

Flexibility: Hard
Quote:
Wand flexibility or rigidity denotes the degree of adaptability and willingness to change possessed by the wand-and-owner pair - although, again, this factor ought not to be considered separately from the wand wood, core and length, nor of the owner’s life experience and style of magic, all of which will combine to make the wand in question unique.

I just wish it was a bit longer! (That's what she said.) I don't want to be lacking in character...

Friendly Werewolf

emtpmpknhed
Length: 10 3/4 inches

I just wish it was a bit longer!
That's what she said.

The longest wand I've seen so far is 14 1/2 inches. Bow chicka brow wowww.
Length: 12 1/4 in
Wood:Redwood
Core:Unicorn
Flexibility:Quite Flexible

Watervoir's Husbando

Carnivore

Wood: ASH
Core: PHOENIX FEATHER CORE
Length: FOURTEEN AND A HALF INCHES
Flexibility: UNYIELDING

I'm pleased with my wand. (Sorry for the caps, I copied and pasted from Ollivander's shop what I got xD)

Invisible Phantom

8,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
gum disease

I'm pleased with my wand. (Sorry for the caps, I copied and pasted from Ollivander's shop what I got xD)

That's one long, hard wand you've got there. emotion_awesome

Watervoir's Husbando

Carnivore

Deadly Persona
gum disease

That's one long, hard wand you've got there. emotion_awesome

I know. wink

OG GO

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Beta Citizen 0
Length:
12 in
Long enough I guess

Wood:
English Oak
Quote:
A wand for good times and bad, this is a friend as loyal as the wizard who deserves it. Wands of English oak demand partners of strength, courage and fidelity. Less well-known is the propensity for owners of English oak wands to have powerful intuition, and, often, an affinity with the magic of the natural world, with the creatures and plants that are necessary to wizardkind for both magic and pleasure. The oak tree is called King of the Forest from the winter solstice up until the summer solstice, and its wood should only be collected during that time (holly becomes King as the days begin to shorten again, and so holly should only be gathered as the year wanes. This divide is believed to be the origin of the old superstition, “when his wand’s oak and hers is holly, then to marry would be folly,” a superstition that I have found baseless). It is said that Merlin’s wand was of English oak (though his grave has never been found, so this cannot be proven).

So I got Merlin's wand and his house!

Core:
Dragon
Quote:
As a rule, dragon heartstrings produce wands with the most power, and which are capable of the most flamboyant spells. Dragon wands tend to learn more quickly than other types. While they can change allegiance if won from their original master, they always bond strongly with the current owner.

The dragon wand tends to be easiest to turn to the Dark Arts, though it will not incline that way of its own accord. It is also the most prone of the three cores to accidents, being somewhat temperamental.

Cool

Flexibility:
Slightly Springy
Not entirely sure what that means
MahoganyHallow19529

Mega Humorist

11,550 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Olympian 200
Maple and Unicorn Hair, Eleven inches, surprisingly swishy.The core says that my wand is faithful to me, the wood indicates that I am fond of traveling and adventure. I think the size means that my personality is big even though I am short. 3nodding I'm not sure what to make of the flexibility. Is it saying that I am swishy? Does that mean I'm all over the place? Maybe I'm just over thinking it.

Wheezing Fatcat

All that is gold does not glitter,

10" Holly with Phoenix feather core. Surprisingly swishy.

I'm sure you can probably recall what Ollivander said about Harry's wand in the Goblet of Fire, so I don't believe I need to place a quote describing it.

Not all those who wander are lost.

Enduring Hero

My wand is,
Wood : Dogwood
Core : Dragon
Flexibility:Slightly Springy
Length: 11 3/4

Dogwood: Dogwood wands are quirky and mischievous; they have playful natures and insist upon partners who can provide them with scope for excitement and fun.

It would be quite wrong, however, to deduce from this that dogwood wands are not capable of serious magic when called upon to do so; they have been known to perform outstanding spells under difficult conditions, and when paired with a suitably clever and ingenious witch or wizard, can produce dazzling enchantments. An interesting foible of many dogwood wands is that they refuse to perform non-verbal spells and they are often rather noisy

Dragon Heart String: As a rule, dragon heartstrings produce wands with the most power , and which are capable of the most flamboyant spells. Dragon wands tend to learn more quickly than other types. While they can change allegiance if won from their original master, they always bond strongly with the current owner.

The dragon wand tends to be easiest to turn to the Dark Arts, though it will not incline that way of its own accord. It is also the most prone of the three cores to accidents, being somewhat temperamental. It also tends to be lethally hazardous if combined with certain woods (Cherry and Yew).
Wood: Pine
Core: Phoenix Feather
Flexibility: Supple
Length: 10 3/4

I'm very happy with my wand smile I do believe that it fits my personality

Phoenix.. "These wands are the hardest to tame and to personalise, and their allegiance is usually hard won." <- this made me feel special :p

Pine.. "The straight-grained pine wand always chooses an independent, individual master who may be perceived as a loner, intriguing and perhaps mysterious." <- im not saying that im mysterious but im independent and a hell of a loner

Feral Wolf

12,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Member 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Slytherin Account:
Length: 12 and a half inches
Wood: Hazel
Flexibility: Slightly Springy.
Hufflepuff Account:
Length: 12 and 3/4 inches
Wood: Hazel
Flexibility: Slightly Springy.

Dragon core info: As a rule, dragon heartstrings produce wands with the most power, and which are capable of the most flamboyant spells. Dragon wands tend to learn more quickly than other types. While they can change allegiance if won from their original master, they always bond strongly with the current owner.
The dragon wand tends to be easiest to turn to the Dark Arts, though it will not incline that way of its own accord. It is also the most prone of the three cores to accidents, being somewhat temperamental.

Wood info: A sensitive wand, hazel often reflects its owner’s emotional state, and works best for a master who understands and can manage their own feelings. Others should be very careful handling a hazel wand if its owner has recently lost their temper, or suffered a serious disappointment, because the wand will absorb such energy and discharge it unpredictably. The positive aspect of a hazel wand more than makes up for such minor discomforts, however, for it is capable of outstanding magic in the hands of the skillful, and is so devoted to its owner that it often ‘wilts’ (which is to say, it expels all its magic and refuses to perform, often necessitating the extraction of the core and its insertion into another casing, if the wand is still required) at the end of its master’s life (if the core is unicorn hair, however, there is no hope; the wand will almost certainly have ‘died’). Hazel wands also have the unique ability to detect water underground, and will emit silvery, tear-shaped puffs of smoke if passing over concealed springs and wells.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff