Welcome to Gaia! ::

Agree to disagree is going to have to cut it here. Even if the plot line was weak, the acting was superb, and no one could dissuade me. I thought it was an enjoyable movie, beautifully filmed and edited, and frankly it's nice to have Half Blood Prince as a comedic palate cleanser before war breaks out and everyone dies and no one is happy until the epilogue that no one liked anyways.
Spiral Out
... it's nice to have Half Blood Prince as a comedic palate cleanser before war breaks out...

With no mention to the fact that the last chapter of OotP is, "The Second War Begins," or that the unbelievable contrast to the preceding and ensuing movies would break the unity between them.
Again. It wasn't the book. OoTP the movie did not end like that.
Until I rewatch it, if I ever get the desire to, I'm going to have to take your word for it.

Edit: For a reference for my argument, I'd say Chamber of Secrets was the best of the movies, acting/directing-wise, with much better cinematography as well.
I wasn't a fan of the cinematography in CoS. Definitely didn't do Dumbledore's office much justice at all. That was one comment my girlfriend had about the film. Loooved the camera / audio work, because we actually got to see / feel / hear the atmosphere of Dumbledore's office. She said one good thing about films is that they can do things that books cannot do--and that was a prime example.

I liked Dumbledore a lot more too. Much more aloof. In GoF and OotP he just seemed... GRAWH ANGRY ALWAYS RROOOAAARR!!!!

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
Dimmer Meerkat
Spiral Out
(as you should, because no movie can ever live up to a book, unless it's 8 hours long)
In which case it would be a Stephen King movie.

And those still aren't that great.
Yeah, Gambon was taking a few liberties with Dumbledore's... uh... eccentricities. Perhaps since he was resigned and dying... maybe that's why he calmed the character down.
Spiral Out
Yeah, Gambon was taking a few liberties with Dumbledore's... uh... eccentricities. Perhaps since he was resigned and dying... maybe that's why he calmed the character down.
Or maybe he actually read one of the books for once.
Gambon seemed a bit more out of character, and not very aloof at all in this movie, especially in the ending. It's much more in Dumbledore's character to talk to Draco conversationally as opposed to how Yates made him.
You're kidding, right? As opposed to the other films with Gambon as Dumby?
I'm saying, Gambon did much better under Columbus' directing.

Edit: FML for not imdbing sooner. Harris > Gambon.
Gambon never acted under Chris. That Dumbledore died.
The Fearsome Weasel Man

Didn't Columbus only do PS/SS, and CoS?

Cause that wasn't Gambon, dude. That was Harris.
Dimmer Meerkat
The Fearsome Weasel Man

Didn't Columbus only do PS/SS, and CoS?

Cause that wasn't Gambon, dude. That was Harris.

I apologize for not caring to remember every actor in a movie that came out seven years ago.
I always thought Harris just seemed like he was going to die.

And... well, I was right.

I was unimpressed with him as Dumbledore.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff