Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hi Hufflepuffers c:

So what makes everyone here feel like they belong here?
For me, it's mainly because I have an affinity for compassionate people. I'm usually not competitive because competition scares me. I'd probably feel safest here.
Hatterling

Well, there's a flood of new Pottermore users... it's getting fun to watch them complain about their usernames.

You like the usernames? It's just that they all look alike to me and I get confused with people who share similar names like PatronusLight and PatronusMidnight. Everyone merges into this faceless mass. Scary.
Lady Tora
I was shocked I got Hufflepuff on the first try! I'd heard horror stories about getting into other houses. (Like you, Pau...you're a Hufflepuff but got sorted into Ravenclaw.)

Cool, what horror stories? I've never heard of them.

Kinedel's Wife

Divine Kitten

Well, just like the stories above...you went so many years thinking you were one house and supporting it, just to get sorted into another. xd I'd be devastated if I were to get sorted into any house other than Hufflepuff. sweatdrop
Oh... I see, I don't have that kind of attachment, I guess. I don't mind being in either Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, or Hufflepuff, although I'm usually a Gryffindor/Ravenclaw. Slytherin has too much of an arrogant attitude going on for me. Not to mention, I wouldn't be able to make a friend in that house without feeling paranoid I'm getting manipulated/used.

Golden Gawker

9,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Sessile Traveler
Hatterling

Well, there's a flood of new Pottermore users... it's getting fun to watch them complain about their usernames.

You like the usernames? It's just that they all look alike to me and I get confused with people who share similar names like PatronusLight and PatronusMidnight. Everyone merges into this faceless mass. Scary.

No, I really don't like them. But I was a Beta so mine doesn't suck nearly as bad a the newbies'.
Hatterling

No, I really don't like them. But I was a Beta so mine doesn't suck nearly as bad a the newbies'.

Oh... what username did you get?
emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant

Questionable Worker

8,575 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Hufflepuff and proud, but not all loud and obnoxious about it like the Ravenclaws. stare

razz

I've got to admit, I was a little stunned at getting Hufflepuff. I wasn't really attached to any of the other houses, as I could see myself settling in comfortably in any of them but in retrospect it's a great fit. I admire all the qualities it embodies, even if I don't possess them myself. (Hardwork? It is to laugh.)

Invisible Phantom

I got sorted into Hufflepuff the other day~ Not at all surprised.
I don't feel I'd fit in another house, although I wouldn't mind too much.
But since then I've been working hard brewing and dueling to get up the house points! <3
Seems the other houses aren't too good at dueling sometimes.
Although that's just what I've seen. I know there's some fantastic duelers in every house.

I am quite upset that there are so many new Hufflepuffs getting upset.
It seems a lot of them thought they were Slytherins and were sorely dissapointed.
I've been trying to get them to give us a chance, but it isn't working...
Apparently everyone is using accounts in houses they don't want to sabotage those houses!
I think that's absolutely terrible! I know there are some Puffs cheating, too.
But thank goodness I haven't acctually heard any of them say so,
Especially as house points are supposed to be awarded based on good deeds.

Puffs both on and off Pottermore, let's be sure to be honest, as we are supposed to <3
Love you all~
kikustronghold
I got sorted into Hufflepuff the other day~ Not at all surprised.
I don't feel I'd fit in another house, although I wouldn't mind too much.
But since then I've been working hard brewing and dueling to get up the house points! <3
Seems the other houses aren't too good at dueling sometimes.
Although that's just what I've seen. I know there's some fantastic duelers in every house.

I am quite upset that there are so many new Hufflepuffs getting upset.
It seems a lot of them thought they were Slytherins and were sorely dissapointed.
I've been trying to get them to give us a chance, but it isn't working...
Apparently everyone is using accounts in houses they don't want to sabotage those houses!
I think that's absolutely terrible! I know there are some Puffs cheating, too.
But thank goodness I haven't acctually heard any of them say so,
Especially as house points are supposed to be awarded based on good deeds.

Puffs both on and off Pottermore, let's be sure to be honest, as we are supposed to <3
Love you all~

Noooo, I win Hufflepuffs alllll the time. :B Duel me! I'm MarauderPumpkin5823.

Personally, I'd never waste my time having multiple accounts just to undermine other houses. A little low, but must give them props for being so spirited. Makes everything more exciting. whee This other thread says that J.K. Rowling deducted points from Gryffindor because of the number of them bragging openly about cheating. Slytherins, being their stealthy selves, are cheating but avoids getting caught in the act. Hufflepuff is with the least points for being the less competitive of the four. And possibly because Hufflepuffs value fairplay that there are less cheaters. If such hearsay's reliable, then...
Pretty accurate, the sorting hat emotion_jawdrop

5,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Hygienic 200
I was very surprised to be a Hufflepuff! However after taking a moment to read the introduction letter...how could I have ever thought I belonged anywhere else? Honesty and hard work are probably what I value most in people, and surely the most friendly house would help with my shyness 3nodding

I'm really glad to join Pottermore, but I can't believe there are people cheating over the house cup... I guess to some people everything is a competition. I feel honored just to read all of JK's notes and thoughts about the HP world!

Kinedel's Wife

Divine Kitten

Welcome to Hufflepuff, everyone! So glad we're getting new members. Now this place should be more lively! heart

Invisible Phantom

8,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
Sessile Traveler
Oh... I see, I don't have that kind of attachment, I guess. I don't mind being in either Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, or Hufflepuff, although I'm usually a Gryffindor/Ravenclaw. Slytherin has too much of an arrogant attitude going on for me. Not to mention, I wouldn't be able to make a friend in that house without feeling paranoid I'm getting manipulated/used.
Ohohohohohohohohoho, that's perfectly fine with me. Hufflepuff has too much a fluffy attitude going on for me. *is a Slytherin* emotion_awesome
Deadly Persona
Sessile Traveler
Ohohohohohohohohoho, that's perfectly fine with me. Hufflepuff has too much a fluffy attitude going on for me. *is a Slytherin* emotion_awesome

No idea what I was talking about because Gryffindor also has an arrogant attitude. Just look at the welcome message:

Quote:

Congratulations! I’m Prefect Percy Weasley, and I’m delighted to welcome you to GRYFFINDOR HOUSE. Our emblem is the lion, the bravest of all creatures; our house colours are scarlet and gold, and our common room lies up in Gryffindor Tower.

This is, quite simply, the best house at Hogwarts. It’s where the bravest and boldest end up – for instance: Albus Dumbledore! Yes, Dumbledore himself, the greatest wizard of our time, was a Gryffindor! If that’s not enough for you, I don’t know what is.

I won’t keep you long, as all you need to do to find out more about your house is to follow Harry Potter and his friends as I lead them up to their dormitories. Enjoy your time at Hogwarts – but how could you fail to? You’ve become part of the best house in the school.

What's yours? emotion_c8
My sister's in Ravenclaw and she let me read her welcome letter. Makes me want to be in Ravenclaw. ;-;

Oh, and if anyone could share here Hufflepuff's welcome letter, I'd really appreciate it.
emotion_bigheart

Invisible Phantom

8,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
Sessile Traveler
Deadly Persona
Sessile Traveler

No idea what I was talking about because Gryffindor also has an arrogant attitude. Just look at the welcome message:

Quote:

Congratulations! I’m Prefect Percy Weasley, and I’m delighted to welcome you to GRYFFINDOR HOUSE. Our emblem is the lion, the bravest of all creatures; our house colours are scarlet and gold, and our common room lies up in Gryffindor Tower.

This is, quite simply, the best house at Hogwarts. It’s where the bravest and boldest end up – for instance: Albus Dumbledore! Yes, Dumbledore himself, the greatest wizard of our time, was a Gryffindor! If that’s not enough for you, I don’t know what is.

I won’t keep you long, as all you need to do to find out more about your house is to follow Harry Potter and his friends as I lead them up to their dormitories. Enjoy your time at Hogwarts – but how could you fail to? You’ve become part of the best house in the school.

What's yours? emotion_c8
My sister's in Ravenclaw and she let me read her welcome letter. Makes me want to be in Ravenclaw. ;-;

Oh, and if anyone could share here Hufflepuff's welcome letter, I'd really appreciate it.
emotion_bigheart

The awfully short welcome letter Gryffindor offers now just confirmed my theory that they have no writing skills and couldn't bother finding any more evidence that Gryffindor is the best other than "WE GOT DUMBLEDORE HURR DURR"
And as much as I hate to admit it, Gryffindor will beat Slytherin in the house cup, but only because they have more members. Slytherin is more about quality over quantity, though yum_puddi

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff