Welcome to Gaia! ::

I never liked Ron and Hermione, But I never liked Harry and Ginny either.

Celestial Spirit

It's not as though there's anything unrealistic about two people who aren't that well suited for each other getting married. It's really just a question of whether they would stay together.
Haha I always knew it!

I never liked Ron getting with Hermione though I kinda understood why with the whole opposites attract thing.

And Harry with Ginny just never seemed right.

Nothing against the Weaslys

Demonic Bookworm

30,400 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
Little Miss Satan
I almost don't know how I feel about this.

Ron and Hermione were probably going to have problems, but I don't think they would have needed counseling. They mesh together in a way that they work and I think Harry/Hermione just would have been weird.

I am going to get so much hate for this... No, I don't think Harry and Ginny are good but I don't think he would have ended up with Hermione.

I feel the same, I think it would have been better if JK hadn't tried to shoehorn so much romance and tried to insist on tying all the main characters to the Weasly family even if it means garotting every main character with the red strings.

I just don't see Ron and Hermione working, Ron has no respect for the things that matter to Hermione unless it's something he needs and uses, not to mention needing constant coddling. I think a stronger message would be for them to hook up, break up and years later show that despite all the love troubles the three FRIENDS with lovers outside the small pool of HP characters.

Familiar Raider

3,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Profitable 100
I was always fond of the Harry/Ginny and Ron/Hermione pairing so I am perhaps a bit biased here but I just sort of can't understand the point of revealing any of it at this point. I mean, it just seems kind of irrelevant now that the books are all written and the movies are done. It also seems a bit unfair to the fans who went on this whole journey and who grew up with the series and who have accepted that there will be no more books. Why couldn't we just leave it and move on to something else, I guess is my question? (And I say this understanding that of course they're her characters and she can do what she wants, lol, just my thought process here)

Lavish Wench

12,450 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
Valentina Sweet
I was always fond of the Harry/Ginny and Ron/Hermione pairing so I am perhaps a bit biased here but I just sort of can't understand the point of revealing any of it at this point. I mean, it just seems kind of irrelevant now that the books are all written and the movies are done. It also seems a bit unfair to the fans who went on this whole journey and who grew up with the series and who have accepted that there will be no more books. Why couldn't we just leave it and move on to something else, I guess is my question? (And I say this understanding that of course they're her characters and she can do what she wants, lol, just my thought process here)

I've kind of noticed that Rowling does this when people begin to forget about her.

Dumbledore being gay, saying recently that she could easily write more books and eluding to the fact that she may, then this Ron and Hermione thing...

I mean hey, maybe I'm wrong. But I see a trend here.

Familiar Raider

3,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Profitable 100
Lilac Wood
Valentina Sweet

I've kind of noticed that Rowling does this when people begin to forget about her.

Dumbledore being gay, saying recently that she could easily write more books and eluding to the fact that she may, then this Ron and Hermione thing...

I would have to agree with you, especially considering that her last two non-Harry books were not nearly as well-received. Which is not to say that they didn't do well but when your other books have grossed billions of dollars, had movie adaptations, and been translated in loads of languages that sets the bar pretty high. I have always defended Rowling but even I have to admit that this seems to be a recurring theme.

Celestial Spirit

Valentina Sweet
Lilac Wood
Valentina Sweet

I would have to agree with you, especially considering that her last two non-Harry books were not nearly as well-received. Which is not to say that they didn't do well but when your other books have grossed billions of dollars, had movie adaptations, and been translated in loads of languages that sets the bar pretty high. I have always defended Rowling but even I have to admit that this seems to be a recurring theme.

It's not "unfair" to anyone, really. The story hasn't changed in the slightest.
Those who love the canon pairings are more than welcome to keep doing so.
Anyone who was truly done with the series shouldn't even care.
http://thinkprogress.org/alyssa/2014/02/04/3243401/rowling-ron-hermione/

I think you guys should read the article :]

It's a very good read and one of the best that I've read.
It killed me to hear the author say that she regretted putting Ron and Hermione together, because I love that couple so much! They're cute and perfect for each other in so many ways. Harry and Hermione are best friends and remind me of a brother and sister rather than a couple (thinking about it actually kind of makes me shudder...).
However, I didn't really like Ginny and Harry either....
But I still would prefer to have Hermione and Ron together and Harry and Draco Ginny sweatdrop together. Yeah...Harry and Ginny....heh.

Magical Shounen

9,600 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Alimoooo
Harry/Ginny coupling is meh. I was like....I guess, it works haha

I know I was so figuring Harry married Luna (I read the book about a month before Deathly Hollows Part 1 came out) I hate that he married Ginny that's cliche to me... On topic however I personally really don't know why she didn't I mean by the time their relationship started she was rich as heck... Her book after she was saved form poor house she shoulda stuck to her guns and marry Harry with Hermonie if she feels so strongly about it.
I do admit, it seemed pretty off at times when Harry and Hermione(sp?) were together. ie: the dancing scene in Deathly Hallows. I for one am just glad they had some closure finally. Another thing is that Ron seems like a better match given that the two would butt heads so much earlier in the series. Just my two cents. biggrin

Bashful Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Married 100
i always loved ron and Hermione together cat_4laugh

Beloved Explorer

6,100 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Personally, I think that Ron and Hermione are a great couple. Sure, it wasn't instant romance, but they were kids in the beginning. Their relationship grew and changed over the years that they were friends. Hermione is great for Ron, because the fact is, I'm pretty sure she never thought of him as second best. And Ron keeps her from getting too absorbed in her books or whatever.
As for Harry and Ginny, I think they're great too. I admire how she always liked him, but she got over it, you know? And once she was able to be herself around him, he began to return her feelings. But I do wish we could have seen more of her character development firsthand.
The point is, maybe it's not the most thrilling or romantic dynamics, but it feels natural to me. Any other ships- Ron/Lavender, Hermione/Krum, Harry/Luna- would have felt awkward and forced. So, I'm happy with the way things are, thank you.

Long Live Harry Potter!

Beloved Explorer

6,100 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Alimoooo
http://thinkprogress.org/alyssa/2014/02/04/3243401/rowling-ron-hermione/

I think you guys should read the article :]

It's a very good read and one of the best that I've read.

This. This is the best article I have read, and illustrates everything I love about Ron's and Hermione's relationship.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff