Welcome to Gaia! ::

[Ren The Ryoko]"

See though, James was a d**k to Snape when he was 15. And he grew out of it. He became a generous, noble man who did wonderful things and died for his family. No one had ANYTHING bad to say about him but Snape, who isn't exactly unbiased, is he?
James was a good man who did a few bad things and matured.

Snape let his bitterness and his regret twist him into a bigger, nastier bully than James EVER was.
He was a bad man who did a few good things to try and redeem himself, but still acted like a bitter nasty child most of the time.

So give me a real REASON why anyone should like Snape more than James?

[/size:0epnxf
0epnxfhi:0="[Ren The Ryoko]"

[size=9][align=center]

See though, James was a d**k to Snape when he was 15. And he grew out of it. He became a generous, noble man who did wonderful things and died for his family. No one had ANYTHING bad to say about him but Snape, who isn't exactly unbiased, is he?

Snape let his bitterness and his regret twist him into a bigger, nastier bully than James EVER was.
He was a bad man who did a few good things to try and redeem himself, but still acted like a bitter nasty child most of the time.

[/align]

I Solemnly Swear

Just something else about James Character I didn't like beyond the entire 15 year old part playing out. There was just something there I can't really explain it to be honest I just don't like James.

Shouldn't that be enough of an answer?

That I Am Up To No Good

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Brilwen
[Ren The Ryoko]"

[/size:0epnxf
0epnxfhi:1="[Ren The Ryoko]"

[size=9][align=center]

[/align]

I Solemnly Swear

Just something else about James Character I didn't like beyond the entire 15 year old part playing out. There was just something there I can't really explain it to be honest I just don't like James.

Shouldn't that be enough of an answer?

That I Am Up To No Good

You don't have a reason. You have no idea why you dislike James Potter.
User Image

[Ren The Ryoko]"

User Image

[/size:0epnxfh
0epnxfhi:0="[Ren The Ryoko]"
[size=9][align=center]

User Image

[/align]

I Solemnly Swear

I just hate his character, he's not a very stand out character to be honest he kinda bored me.

So much for having an opinion out here.

That I Am Up To No Good

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Brilwen
[Ren The Ryoko]"

User Image

[/size:0epnxfh
0epnxfhi:1="[Ren The Ryoko]"
[size=9][align=center]

User Image

[/align]

I Solemnly Swear

I just hate his character, he's not a very stand out character to be honest he kinda bored me.

So much for having an opinion out here.

That I Am Up To No Good

Well, you come in here and call James Potter swine. And when asked why you're response is "Uhhhhhhhhh I dunno."
He kinda bored you? He's dead. But he's an awesome character. He's....charming and spunky and kind of snotty and grows up all handsome and noble and kind, and does anything for his friends and becomes an animagus to help Remus and dies when he's only 21 to protect the girl he'd loved for 10 years and their child.

User Image

It's your opinion, so feel free to have it.
But it's my opinion that people who blindly hate James Potter for no damn reason at all are well...
they should go reread.

[Ren The Ryoko]

Well, you come in here and call James Potter swine. And when asked why you're response is "Uhhhhhhhhh I dunno."
He kinda bored you? He's dead. But he's an awesome character. He's....charming and spunky and kind of snotty and grows up all handsome and noble and kind, and does anything for his friends and becomes an animagus to help Remus and dies when he's only 21 to protect the girl he'd loved for 10 years and their child.

User Image

But it's my opinion that people who blindly hate James Potter for no damn reason at all are well...
they should go reread.

I Solemnly Swear

Are you having a double post problem? For some reason I get double posts, anyways...

The swine post comes in due to the 15 year gap he was a swine then. 3nodding There we go sorted out sorry been a little scatter brained lately busy with a move and all. There are pros/cons with his character and you pointed out the animagus thing which was one of my favorite parts mentioned with James thank you for remind me about that I was trying to remember what else I liked about him.

It's his teen years I hated, that's when he was the swine not adult James himself thanks for straightening that mess out for me I was confusing even myself and to be honest... Soon as I get my books unpacked I may go ahead and reread Harry Potter for the hell of it.

That I Am Up To No Good

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Brilwen
[Ren The Ryoko]

User Image

they should go reread.

I Solemnly Swear

Are you having a double post problem? For some reason I get double posts, anyways...

The swine post comes in due to the 15 year gap he was a swine then. 3nodding There we go sorted out sorry been a little scatter brained lately busy with a move and all. There are pros/cons with his character and you pointed out the animagus thing which was one of my favorite parts mentioned with James thank you for remind me about that I was trying to remember what else I liked about him.

It's his teen years I hated, that's when he was the swine not adult James himself thanks for straightening that mess out for me I was confusing even myself and to be honest... Soon as I get my books unpacked I may go ahead and reread Harry Potter for the hell of it.

That I Am Up To No Good

I don't even really think he was swine when he was 15. He was cocky, sure. And he picked on Snape. Which wasn't cool.
But....he's already befriended Sirius, who was this weird out of place Gryffindor with a Slytherin family who had an awesome homelife. He'd befriended Remus, who was a werewolf, for goodness sake, with no friends. He befriended Peter, who was shy and jittery and really NEEDED a friend. He'd already found out about Remus's "furry little problem", already become an animagus, already risked EVERYTHING to help his friends.
He was over the moon about Lily, doodling her initials onto his papers.

Yeah, he treated Snape badly, and Snape fought back. Neither were innocent there. James was cocky, and flawed, but not inhumanly so, not unreasonably so. He had a strong sense of justice. His reaction to Snape calling Lily a mudblood proved that.
He had a thing against Snape.
Snape was weird and dark and a little too into the girl he liked, and into dark magic, and called muggleborns "mudbloods" and hung out with a bad crowd. It's easy to see why James would target him. It wasn't RIGHT for him to do it, but I don't think it makes James SWINE.

We have to remember that Snape's worst memory is NOT his worst memory because James was mean to him. Snape's worst memory is his worst because that was the day that SNAPE ******** things up with Lily for good.

[Ren The Ryoko]
I don't even really think he was swine when he was 15. He was cocky, sure. And he picked on Snape. Which wasn't cool.
But....he's already befriended Sirius, who was this weird out of place Gryffindor with a Slytherin family who had an awesome homelife. He'd befriended Remus, who was a werewolf, for goodness sake, with no friends. He befriended Peter, who was shy and jittery and really NEEDED a friend. He'd already found out about Remus's "furry little problem", already become an animagus, already risked EVERYTHING to help his friends.

Yeah, he treated Snape badly, and Snape fought back. Neither were innocent there. James was cocky, and flawed, but not inhumanly so, not unreasonably so. He had a strong sense of justice. His reaction to Snape calling Lily a mudblood proved that.
Snape was weird and dark and a little too into the girl he liked, and into dark magic, and called muggleborns "mudbloods" and hung out with a bad crowd. It's easy to see why James would target him. It wasn't RIGHT for him to do it, but I don't think it makes James SWINE.

We have to remember that Snape's worst memory is NOT his worst memory because James was mean to him. Snape's worst memory is his worst because that was the day that SNAPE ******** things up with Lily for good.

I Solemnly Swear

Picking on anyone isn't cool at all, but still gonna think he was a bit of a brat and all ya' know with how he acted as a teen.

I always wondered when he became the animagus how that could have messed up his mental state. That's a pretty dangerous situation to deal with James was definitely powerful as he got older. When he matured I still would have loved to have gotten a book on the Marauders *keeps fingers crossed* too bad that Lily couldn't have talked to James and Snape about their attitude towards each other that probably could have helped ease out a lot of the tension... But it could have also killed the story as well I suppose.

And THAT is what stood out the most to me with Snape when he realized he had ******** up and killed the woman he loved and her family. My most proudest James moment another one I remembered was when he helped Harry escape Voldemort at the tournament.

That I Am Up To No Good

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Brilwen
[Ren The Ryoko]

I Solemnly Swear

Picking on anyone isn't cool at all, but still gonna think he was a bit of a brat and all ya' know with how he acted as a teen.

I always wondered when he became the animagus how that could have messed up his mental state. That's a pretty dangerous situation to deal with James was definitely powerful as he got older. When he matured I still would have loved to have gotten a book on the Marauders *keeps fingers crossed* too bad that Lily couldn't have talked to James and Snape about their attitude towards each other that probably could have helped ease out a lot of the tension... But it could have also killed the story as well I suppose.

And THAT is what stood out the most to me with Snape when he realized he had ******** up and killed the woman he loved and her family. My most proudest James moment another one I remembered was when he helped Harry escape Voldemort at the tournament.

That I Am Up To No Good

Brat? Sure. At moments, yes, for sure.
Swine? No. Not at all.

[Ren The Ryoko]

Swine? No. Not at all.

I Solemnly Swear

I think we've all had bratty moments in our lives much like James has had in his live when he/we were growing up.

Thanks so much for clearing that mess up normally I don't get like that, and it's nice to have a smart Harry Potter fan to talk to.

That I Am Up To No Good

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Brilwen
[Ren The Ryoko]

Swine? No. Not at all.

I Solemnly Swear

I think we've all had bratty moments in our lives much like James has had in his live when he/we were growing up.

Thanks so much for clearing that mess up normally I don't get like that, and it's nice to have a smart Harry Potter fan to talk to.

That I Am Up To No Good

No problem. Thank you for having a really good conversation about it. A lot of people are totally unwilling to listen to anyone who thinks differently from them.

[Ren The Ryoko]

No problem. Thank you for having a really good conversation about it. A lot of people are totally unwilling to listen to anyone who thinks differently from them.

I Solemnly Swear

I know it's like they're right and your wrong no questions no opinions those are the ones you want to strangle. And I try to be when I notice I made a mistake it's like oops wait a minute that's not right.

I wonder what James would have been like if he had lived and watched his son grown up.

That I Am Up To No Good

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Brilwen
[Ren The Ryoko]

I Solemnly Swear

I know it's like they're right and your wrong no questions no opinions those are the ones you want to strangle. And I try to be when I notice I made a mistake it's like oops wait a minute that's not right.

I wonder what James would have been like if he had lived and watched his son grown up.

That I Am Up To No Good

Awesome, I'm sure.

Tipsy Lunatic

8,050 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Millionaire 200
I hate James and the way he bully's Snape and trys to impress Lily, but I do like the mauraders.

Hansetta's Waifu

Feline Genius

20,915 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
[Ren The Ryoko]
Brilwen
I Solemnly Swear

I hate him to, the only thing decent he did was trying to protect his family.

Like Snape said James was a swine.

That I Am Up To No Good

And you know:
- Saved Snape's life
- Took in Sirius when he ran away from home
- Financially supported Remus when he couldn't work after he got out of school
- Gave Lily a loving home
- Worked for the Order and tried to defeat Voldemort

And it's not like Snape EVER did anything dickish, right?
Like....oh....
-Develop dark and dangerous magic in school
- Try to use that dark magic on James
- Call every muggleborn in the school but Lily "mudblood"
- Call Lily "mudblood"
- Try find out where Remus was in order to get in him trouble
- Join the Death Eaters
- Make a branch fall on Pentuina to scare and hurt her
- Inadvertently cause Lily's death
- Bully and torment Neville for no reason, including threatening to poison and kill his pet
- Bully and mock Hermione for trying to participate in his class
- Bully and humiliate Harry for no reason at all
- Try to get Remus fired from his job

Forgot to add.

Harry is a terrible student. He has stolen, cheated, copied off hermonie, been deleberatly distrptive during class, was lazy as all s**t, cast an unforgivable, has been a d**k. Always blames everything on everything else and everyone elsebbut himself. And because everyone else always kisses his a** and lets him get away with stuff, he quickly learns that nothing is his fault. And let's not forget his filter. Just because snape doesn't kiss his a** doesn't make him bad. Remember Harry is biased, for instance, Sirius was ugly when he was bad then became attractive when he was good. Who's to say he's just making snape to be worse then he really is? We wont know until we get a true neutral narrator. But I forgot, Gryffindors are saints and Harry is blameless not matter what. Silly me.

And I hues you didn't notice but every teacher has been mean to the students. The school is abusive towards pets in general and snapes toad incident is not the only case of pet abuse by a
teacher. Oh but my bad, only sane can be a bad teacher, not anyone else.

1. He made spells that healed and some that hurt. We don't know if he used them but we know the marauders did. And they did hurt others other then snape.

2. James used Hexes and dark magic too but apparently that's ok.

3. When do we see this? We only have her word and she is the same chick who was trying not to smile as her friend was being de pansed in front of everyone.

4. He's a ******** werewolf running free during the night. Yeah not dangerous at all.

5. Ever heard of accidental magic? Its that wonderful s**t that young kids get that causes accidents. He was pissed and his emotions made the branch fall, its not his fault.

6. Since the 'good' side did nothing but treat him like s**t, I'm not suprised he did join them.

7. Peters fault mostly. He was the secret keeper and if he hadn't had told voldy the place that they were staying then voldy wouldnt have found them. But that's ok because Gryffindors never get blamed.

8. Lol, that was Remus' fault. HE didn't take HIS potion and HE endangered and almost killed the trio. HE let sirius into the castle and HE as at fault. He showed that he was lazy and couldn't be trusted. Snape was in the right because remus was dangerous.

9. Neville is inept at almost every class. His grandmother threw him out of a window to see if he was a squib or not. This caused his anxiety. Anyways, potions is dangerous after all, they are working with materials that can blow up and kill you. Your a fool to think that potions isn't one of the most dangerous classes in Hogwarts. Snape doesn't need a kid who cant even mix s**t correctly, he's got enough on his plate. And don't forget that Minerva left him out of the dorm in the third book when sirius was running around. But that's ok because gryffindors are never wrong.

10. Yeah, the teeth comment was uncalled for. But this is assuming that snape isn't emotionally stunted and is stressed to s**t. In the third book his jobs were: remus' class, his class, head of house, making wolfsbane, protecting potter, protecting the trio, etc. Out of all the characters he has the most s**t to do and gets no thanks for it. Yah, I'd be pissed too,

I just love how James defenders will brush everything snape did that was good as an adult under the rug. So cute. You know who says snape retaliated when he was a child? The Marauders.

The same Marauders who bullied him and who told us when asked why they were picking on him "he exists if you know what I mean" so what is it? Because he exists or because he's teh evils? We need a neutral narrator. However the pensive scenes are neutral because we see how it happens. Pensive memories are always in the third person, look it up.

And JK told us why he went after snape and why snape joined the death eaters. Ready?

James picked on snape because he wanted lily, that's it.

Snape joined the death eaters because he wanted to be accepted. Thats it.

Snape more then redeemed himself and the ultimate proof is the last book when he still does dumbledores s**t, helps potter out, while spying, and dies alone in a pool of his own blood and dies being hated by everyone. Oh and INB4 he's selfish or whatever. Well snape had ulitmate control, he could have disobeyed a painting but he didn't and a selfish man does not give up 16+ years of his life and receive NOTHING in return.

God damn this is why I hate the Gryffindors and fans like you in general. Everything with you guys is so black and white. You don't even care that there is a Harry filter and thus bias, you don't try and look into why snape is like he is, you don't care, it's just: Gryffindor =good because they do a few good deeds and Slytherin =bad no matter how much he does and suffers.

God I hate this fandom.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces