[Ren The Ryoko]
- Report Post
- Posted: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 21:56:17 +0000
[Ren The Ryoko]
I Solemnly Swear
I hate him to, the only thing decent he did was trying to protect his family.
Like Snape said James was a swine.
That I Am Up To No Good
And you know:
- Saved Snape's life
- Took in Sirius when he ran away from home
- Financially supported Remus when he couldn't work after he got out of school
- Gave Lily a loving home
- Worked for the Order and tried to defeat Voldemort
And it's not like Snape EVER did anything dickish, right?
-Develop dark and dangerous magic in school
- Try to use that dark magic on James
- Call every muggleborn in the school but Lily "mudblood"
- Call Lily "mudblood"
- Try find out where Remus was in order to get in him trouble
- Join the Death Eaters
- Make a branch fall on Pentuina to scare and hurt her
- Inadvertently cause Lily's death
- Bully and torment Neville for no reason, including threatening to poison and kill his pet
- Bully and mock Hermione for trying to participate in his class
- Bully and humiliate Harry for no reason at all
- Try to get Remus fired from his job
Forgot to add.
Harry is a terrible student. He has stolen, cheated, copied off hermonie, been deleberatly distrptive during class, was lazy as all s**t, cast an unforgivable, has been a d**k. Always blames everything on everything else and everyone elsebbut himself. And because everyone else always kisses his a** and lets him get away with stuff, he quickly learns that nothing is his fault. And let's not forget his filter. Just because snape doesn't kiss his a** doesn't make him bad. Remember Harry is biased, for instance, Sirius was ugly when he was bad then became attractive when he was good. Who's to say he's just making snape to be worse then he really is? We wont know until we get a true neutral narrator. But I forgot, Gryffindors are saints and Harry is blameless not matter what. Silly me.
And I hues you didn't notice but every teacher has been mean to the students. The school is abusive towards pets in general and snapes toad incident is not the only case of pet abuse by a
teacher. Oh but my bad, only sane can be a bad teacher, not anyone else.
1. He made spells that healed and some that hurt. We don't know if he used them but we know the marauders did. And they did hurt others other then snape.
2. James used Hexes and dark magic too but apparently that's ok.
3. When do we see this? We only have her word and she is the same chick who was trying not to smile as her friend was being de pansed in front of everyone.
4. He's a ******** werewolf running free during the night. Yeah not dangerous at all.
5. Ever heard of accidental magic? Its that wonderful s**t that young kids get that causes accidents. He was pissed and his emotions made the branch fall, its not his fault.
6. Since the 'good' side did nothing but treat him like s**t, I'm not suprised he did join them.
7. Peters fault mostly. He was the secret keeper and if he hadn't had told voldy the place that they were staying then voldy wouldnt have found them. But that's ok because Gryffindors never get blamed.
8. Lol, that was Remus' fault. HE didn't take HIS potion and HE endangered and almost killed the trio. HE let sirius into the castle and HE as at fault. He showed that he was lazy and couldn't be trusted. Snape was in the right because remus was dangerous.
9. Neville is inept at almost every class. His grandmother threw him out of a window to see if he was a squib or not. This caused his anxiety. Anyways, potions is dangerous after all, they are working with materials that can blow up and kill you. Your a fool to think that potions isn't one of the most dangerous classes in Hogwarts. Snape doesn't need a kid who cant even mix s**t correctly, he's got enough on his plate. And don't forget that Minerva left him out of the dorm in the third book when sirius was running around. But that's ok because gryffindors are never wrong.
10. Yeah, the teeth comment was uncalled for. But this is assuming that snape isn't emotionally stunted and is stressed to s**t. In the third book his jobs were: remus' class, his class, head of house, making wolfsbane, protecting potter, protecting the trio, etc. Out of all the characters he has the most s**t to do and gets no thanks for it. Yah, I'd be pissed too,
I just love how James defenders will brush everything snape did that was good as an adult under the rug. So cute. You know who says snape retaliated when he was a child? The Marauders.
The same Marauders who bullied him and who told us when asked why they were picking on him "he exists if you know what I mean" so what is it? Because he exists or because he's teh evils? We need a neutral narrator. However the pensive scenes are neutral because we see how it happens. Pensive memories are always in the third person, look it up.
And JK told us why he went after snape and why snape joined the death eaters. Ready?
James picked on snape because he wanted lily, that's it.
Snape joined the death eaters because he wanted to be accepted. Thats it.
Snape more then redeemed himself and the ultimate proof is the last book when he still does dumbledores s**t, helps potter out, while spying, and dies alone in a pool of his own blood and dies being hated by everyone. Oh and INB4 he's selfish or whatever. Well snape had ulitmate control, he could have disobeyed a painting but he didn't and a selfish man does not give up 16+ years of his life and receive NOTHING in return.
God damn this is why I hate the Gryffindors and fans like you in general. Everything with you guys is so black and white. You don't even care that there is a Harry filter and thus bias, you don't try and look into why snape is like he is, you don't care, it's just: Gryffindor =good because they do a few good deeds and Slytherin =bad no matter how much he does and suffers.
God I hate this fandom.
I'm not a Gryffindor (Hufflepuff, actually). I'm not Anti-Slytherin (Almos all of my favorite characters are Slytherins in fact; Draco, Regulus Black, Lucius), I don't think that Gryffindors are automatically right (Of course not, actually. Look at Peter. Look at all the times that Harry made incorrect assumptions. Look at the mistakes Dumbledore made).
I don't even think that Snape was THAT bad of a person. (Though I do take issue with the way he bullied his students as an adult in a very big way)
In fact, I was arguing what YOU claim to be arguing: That things are NOT black and white.
That we learn about most of the characters through a lot of bias and filters. Harry's filter, Snape's filter. This is all second hand information, and we only understand it as our narrators understood it. And even then, there is no clear cut "good" and "Bad" for MOST of the characters.
That Snape is not an evil person, but he is also not a saint.
James is not some slimy b*****d, but he was also flawed.
Now, I COULD go through your points one by one, and point out how a lot of your statements don't account for all the facts, or in fact are built totally off assumptions, and exhibit and impressive double standard, but I'd really rather not. Because that's not the point.
I'm sorry if I'm not willing to simply IGNORE all of Snape's flaws because he did some good.
But I would think that if that's what you want, you might be willing to over look some of James and the other's mistakes on the same principle.