Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello fellow Potter fans!

Hermione is my favorite character in the series, she's always so strong and blah blah blah.

Anywho, we always see her as one of the more morally upstanding characters. Only rarely does she do things that really surprises us (curse Marietta, slap Malfoy, blackmail Rita, attack Ron with birds, etc etc) but the biggest trick of all was her leading Umbridge into the woods.

Now, the reason I'm so entranced with this scene is because JK Rowling has always payed close attention to pre written mythology, and her fantasy characters follow close rules of fantasy characters in other novels. For example, she did not create the hypogriff, the mythology of the philosopher's stone was also not created by her, etc etc.

In literature, Centaurs are beings who can not find suitable mates to reproduce, so they find human women, drag them away, and horrendously and mercilessly rape them.

This isn't directly stated in the novels. But yes, that is what centaurs do.

Guess who knew this? Hermione. Guess who planned to get Umbridge mercilessly raped?

Hermione.

The centaurs didn't just take Umbridge and tie her up and prod her, like many kids think.

THEY HAD A HUGE CENTAUR/UMBRIDGE ORGY. A HUGE RAPE ORGY.

AND HERMIONE LAUGHED AS SHE PIMP WALKED BACK TO THE CASTLE.

Let's talk.

Dapper Lunatic

10,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
eek

...Um...well. I'll never be able to read that part the same again!
I don't think they raped her, not by the sounds of it.

"Professor Umbridge was lying in a bed opposite them, gazing up at the ceiling .... Since she had returned to the castle she had not, as far as any of them knew, uttered a single word. Nobody really knew what was wrong with her, either. Her usually neat mousy hair was very untidy and there were still bits of twigs and leaves in it, but otherwise she seemed to be quite unscathed."

I think if she had been raped she wouldnt be "unscathed" as there most likely would have been a struggle, and also her clothes wouldn't be untouched if they had raped her obviously, all she had was messy hair with twigs and leaves in it.

Also it says that,
"Albus negotiated for Dolores' release when he was rehired by the Ministry of Magic."

So by the sounds of things they just kidnapped her and maybe ran her through the forest to scare her a bit.
ARE YOU SERIOUS? rofl
I never even knew that. I need to watch that scene now with that in mind.

Dangerous Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Gaian 50
I have considered that perspective and I'm not going to speculate on whether or not JKR meant it that way. What I will say is that Hermione thought that Sirius was in trouble. Sirius was a good and innocent person and Umbridge was a monster who has no qualms about even torturing children. I mean, you make it sound like she was proud of herself, but she was doing the only thing she could think of to save someone she cared about from certain death. I'm not saying it was right, but she would not have done it if it wasn't necessary.

Dedicated Lunatic

17,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Over Easy 100
x-The-Bebop-Kid-x

"Professor Umbridge was lying in a bed opposite them, gazing up at the ceiling .... Since she had returned to the castle she had not, as far as any of them knew, uttered a single word. Nobody really knew what was wrong with her, either. Her usually neat mousy hair was very untidy and there were still bits of twigs and leaves in it, but otherwise she seemed to be quite unscathed."

I think if she had been raped she wouldnt be "unscathed" as there most likely would have been a struggle, and also her clothes wouldn't be untouched if they had raped her obviously, all she had was messy hair with twigs and leaves in it.

Also it says that,
"Albus negotiated for Dolores' release when he was rehired by the Ministry of Magic."

So by the sounds of things they just kidnapped her and maybe ran her through the forest to scare her a bit.

I agree with you, getting raped is a mentally scarring thing, and I'm pretty sure if Umbridge got raped (by a centaur) she would be suffering more then that.

I think the centaurs just poked/prodded her and as you said, dragged her around a bit to scare her.
XxRainflowerxX
x-The-Bebop-Kid-x

Also it says that,

I agree with you, getting raped is a mentally scarring thing, and I'm pretty sure if Umbridge got raped (by a centaur) she would be suffering more then that.

I think the centaurs just poked/prodded her and as you said, dragged her around a bit to scare her.

Yeah exactly, I think she now just has a fear of them after being tormented by them and that's why she reacts the way she does when Ron makes sounds of their hoofs.
Possibly not an unkindness. If anyone badly needed to be laid...

Dedicated Lunatic

17,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Over Easy 100
x-The-Bebop-Kid-x
XxRainflowerxX
x-The-Bebop-Kid-x

Also it says that,

Yeah exactly, I think she now just has a fear of them after being tormented by them and that's why she reacts the way she does when Ron makes sounds of their hoofs.

Same! Lol, serves her right though razz

Divorced Divorcee

6,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Batarian Goddess

I like you.. your witty in most forums biggrin
little miss cooter
Batarian Goddess

xp Why, thank you, that is quite the compliment.

Seriously though, this was an interesting insight into the story. Although I cannot help but wonder if J.K. Rowling seriously meant to induce centaur rape. I mean, they didn't exactly seem in the mood to me. "This woman has insulted us! Let's narrowly miss her head with an arrow first, that really gets my manly bits roaring!"

Divorced Divorcee

6,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Batarian Goddess
little miss cooter
Batarian Goddess

xp Why, thank you, that is quite the compliment.

Seriously though, this was an interesting insight into the story. Although I cannot help but wonder if J.K. Rowling seriously meant to induce centaur rape. I mean, they didn't exactly seem in the mood to me. "This woman has insulted us! Let's narrowly miss her head with an arrow first, that really gets my manly bits roaring!"

Being that they are violent and dislike humans.. maybe abuse is a turn on for them sweatdrop

Phantom

Oh my god gonk
        Looks like I need to reread that scene.

Kumacchiato's Prince

Demonic Dabbler

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
User Image
"Nothing would touch Umbridge if it could help it.

Nothing."
User Image

8,700 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
She raped the centaurs and was shaken by the fact that she had such a good time doing it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff